Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

I'd also go with Umesh. Though he has bowled tripe in the NZ series, it'd be unfair to drop him after two bad performances especially after Ishant has been given numerous chances despite poor showings. If Yadav fails to deliver in the first two tests, then I'd replace him with Ishant. Also to those who've watched Shami Ahmed bowl, do you think he's ready to play test cricket for India? What type of bowler is he and what's his average pace?

I'd also go with Umesh. Though he has bowled tripe in the NZ series, it'd be unfair to drop him after two bad performances especially after Ishant has been given numerous chances despite poor showings. If Yadav fails to deliver in the first two tests, then I'd replace him with Ishant. Also to those who've watched Shami Ahmed bowl, do you think he's ready to play test cricket for India? What type of bowler is he and what's his average pace?
why not give Yadav full series,Ishant needs atleast 5-6 Ranji matches to improve. also wont be bad idea to play 3 spinners v England,considering how they struggle
shami need one more season... should be ready by the time we tour south africa and would be better for him if he debuts there on the other hand should blood in few batters in next 2 series... specially openers if we are planing would be suicide to go in there with rookies or current 2 captain wannabes :((

In one of these domestic games, ishant was bowling in the low 130's but a scroll read that the fastest delivery inthe game was delivered by him at 152.2ks. Did anybody see the latest game where he took 4 wickets, what was his bowling speed, is he back in 140's or trundling ?

In one of these domestic games, ishant was bowling in the low 130's but a scroll read that the fastest delivery inthe game was delivered by him at 152.2ks. Did anybody see the latest game where he took 4 wickets, what was his bowling speed, is he back in 140's or trundling ?
if he gets guys like pujara out with tundlering.. i will take him
if he gets guys like pujara out with tundlering.. i will take him
The 152 reading was a false positive, he was generally bowling 125 to 130 k, speed guns might be slow by 5 to 6 k by general it seems like, he now bowls out swingers and then bowls one which comes it or goes straight with his action, at least he is fit, got his confidence up, but his figures don't reflect the true effectiveness, S Sharma out bowled him IN THE LAST MATCH. I have no doubt he can crank it up to his normal pace 140 to 150 k in international games, he just needs to bowl with consistency and a plan also give up on superstition, also he will be my fist pick after Ashwin in the bowling line up.
why not give Yadav full series,Ishant needs atleast 5-6 Ranji matches to improve. also wont be bad idea to play 3 spinners v England,considering how they struggle
i may not want to pick zak as he is not fit enuf to last for 5 days instead play Umesh Yadav + ashwin + Ojha + piyush or rahul sharma...................All test matches will finish on 3rd day or 4th day and INDIA will win all Tests and ODI's in INDIA............. england batsman do not play well against spinners - i feel Bell and kevin peterson can only handle spinners and others do not know what they do.............
The 152 reading was a false positive, he was generally bowling 125 to 130 k, speed guns might be slow by 5 to 6 k by general it seems like, he now bowls out swingers and then bowls one which comes it or goes straight with his action, at least he is fit, got his confidence up, but his figures don't reflect the true effectiveness, S Sharma out bowled him IN THE LAST MATCH. I have no doubt he can crank it up to his normal pace 140 to 150 k in international games, he just needs to bowl with consistency and a plan also give up on superstition, also he will be my fist pick after Ashwin in the bowling line up.
hmm, i guess that sums it up well... it implies if he is really on peak physical condition or not, if he is then he sure can hit express speeds..lets wait and see..hopefully he can match Finn.
i may not want to pick zak as he is not fit enuf to last for 5 days instead play Umesh Yadav + ashwin + Ojha + piyush or rahul sharma...................All test matches will finish on 3rd day or 4th day and INDIA will win all Tests and ODI's in INDIA............. england batsman do not play well against spinners - i feel Bell and kevin peterson can only handle spinners and others do not know what they do.............
cook.

News Fit & hungry for success

The last time Ishant Sharma played an international game was the Adelaide Test in January. Following an ankle surgery, the lanky pacer returned to the field with the Rest of India in the Irani Cup tie against Rajasthan last month. Three games later, Ishant is keyed up to give England a hostile welcome. Then, on a pitch not quite suited for fast bowlers, Ishant, representing North Zone, rocked West in the Duleep Trophy quarterfinal at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, using his height to devastating effect and rediscovering swing to scalp four wickets. The confidence to take on the mighty English is high. "I am fit to take on England. I am raring to go," said Ishant, with a satisfied smile. Injury woes Though he was included in the Test side to face the touring Kiwis, he did not start in either of the two games. A ligament injury on the left ankle had ruled him out of the ODI series in England last August. But the pacer decided to go under the knife only after the Australia tour, thus skipping the lucrative Indian Premier League. Ūt was my decision to go for surgery. For a fast bowler, it is very tough to return from injury. The risk of getting injured again is always there. But, then, it is your family and friends who help you get over it, Ishant told HT. On his return, he picked up three wickets in the 25 overs he bowled in the game against Rajasthan. While the first match after the seven-month layoff was just a warm-up, his performance on the flat decks in Rajkot during the Challenger Trophy was impressive, and finally he passed the fitness test by bowling a fierce spell in the Duleep Trophy quarterfinal against the West Zone at Chennai. Mental block Injuries do not just leave behind physical scars; they also create a mental block. But that is not the case with Ishant. Ū don't think about the injury flaring up again. What has to happen will happen. On the field, I will give more than 100%. Ū had a rigorous rehab at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), where I worked out from 10 in the morning till five in the evening Hard work always bears fruit. Determined Ishant says the time spent out with injury was the worst in his playing career. Ÿhen I was injured, no one enquired about me, no one was bothered. That was the worst phase of my India career. After going through all this, my determination to succeed has increased. His preparations for the England series are in full swing. Ūndia's bowling coach, John Dawes, has taught me how to bowl the out-swinger. I have mastered it and that should make the difference, said Sharma.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/Fit-amp-hungry-for-success/Article1-942245.aspx
To early to give him his test spot in the 11 back. Needs to play 3-4 more FC matches and [pick more wickets before coming to the test side maybe for the 3rd or 4th test vs England towards middle of December.
We can think on these lines, but I doubt selectors will. He will be selected and then warm the benches.
We can think on these lines' date=' but I doubt selectors will. He will be selected and then warm the benches.[/quote'] You are probably right. The best thing for him would be to play in a few competitve matches instead of doing nets with the Indian team. I like the English policy of sending all the players not in the playing XI of a match to play County Cricket.