Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

Ishant knows how to get wickets in India(when he is in form and not bowling with a gimpy ankle).Umesh has no clue on bowling in the sub continent' date='all he does is bowl fast and hope that works.[/quote'] 4 tests, 14 wickets @29 in India isn't bad for someone who is not even 12 months old in test cricket. He bowled brilliantly against WI, was poor vs NZ, doesn't make him as bad as " having no clue on bowling in SC". Hopefully with some FC matches after CLT20 before the series vs England, he will go back to bowling the way he bowled vs WI.
What I saw of Ishant in Challenger and Irani' date=' he is nowhere near where he should be. he is bowling like what he was IPL4 with messed up bowling action. He needs to work on his action a bit more to get his pace back.[/quote'] Don't know about Challenger but he wasn't bad in Irani, as far as my understanding of fast bowling goes. Umesh may have got five wickets in first innings of RoI, but to me Ishant was the best bowler for that innings. I don't take Challengers seriously as they are played on some of the most patta wickets of the worlds. He was good in the only appearance that he had in Duleep trophy. I am confident that he'll come good soon with the kind of commitment he shows.
What I saw of Ishant in Challenger and Irani' date=' he is nowhere near where he should be. he is bowling like what he was IPL4 with messed up bowling action. He needs to work on his action a bit more to get his pace back.[/quote'] His pace was down a bit , but his action wasn't that ragged, only thing he can do a bit more his delay his action a bit more so he can uncoil his back and shoulder to generate more pace with more accuracy, I will choose him before any other pacer as Zak is crap, Umesh is down, Irfan, Ishant,Ashwin will be the bowlers in my test side for up coming tours.
Don't know about Challenger but he wasn't bad in Irani, as far as my understanding of fast bowling goes. Umesh may have got five wickets in first innings of RoI, but to me Ishant was the best bowler for that innings. I don't take Challengers seriously as they are played on some of the most patta wickets of the worlds. He was good in the only appearance that he had in Duleep trophy. I am confident that he'll come good soon with the kind of commitment he shows.
He was not bad, but he was not great too. He seemed to be struggling with his action, lacked the flow and rhythm.
His pace was down a bit ' date=' but his action wasn't that ragged, [b']only thing he can do a bit more his delay his action a bit more so he can uncoil his back and shoulder to generate more pace with more accuracy, I will choose him before any other pacer as Zak is crap, Umesh is down, Irfan, Ishant,Ashwin will be the bowlers in my test side for up coming tours.
That is the main point.
Walsh was remotely a swing bowler. He was a seam bowler. Balls would deck off the seam. In a way Ishant's lengths are similar to walsh's length except Walsh's deliveries had little more oomph in it.
actually ishant has pace similar to ambrose and his spells in australia in 2008 is where mention of ambrose came.