Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

Why would ishant be fiddling with his action in a match? Wouldn't he just bowl in a match and train hard in the nets to improve like a batsman does?
You've misunderstood me. I'm suggesting that if he tries to change during an active period, then he will either: a) Be changing his technique in matches b) Have one technique that he is working on and his old one for matches, which will be hard to do.

I've been saying for years he is more suited to limited overs than tests. He has decent pace, bounce and line so can keep it tight and cheap in with odd wicket. Could be useful 3rd seamer. Need this type of bowler in Aus conditions in wc. I just hope a few cheap Pak wickets doesn't suddenly mean another 30 tests. He is not a wicket taker.

He needs a prolonged break for all forms of cricket to sort himself out.Not because of his hammering today.But because of the basic technical flaws he has like wrist position,grip,Front toe posiiton. I seriously believe too much change is made by diff coaches and he is himself to blame.He just needs to watch some old footage where he is swinging the ball in flat pattas like this and aim to be an inswing bowler nothing else. a3eILRIh7-8&feature=player_embedded

Ishant's lack of consistency is horrible. Today, all pacers got hit. But Ishant bowled badly, did not bowl yorkers at the end, did not try sufficient bouncers inspite of the 2 bouncer rule and generally bowled bad areas without using his head. He was bowling the slowest in a long time too. Just between 130 k to 137 k. He has had enough chance. Some other tall pacer should be tried. We have quite a few like Pankaj, Rajpoot, Pandey, Warrier, Anwar.

He was our top wicket taker in pak odi series. Yes found it tough in 2nd spell yestareday but was patta. So lets keep some perspective
That has been his problem. His sometimes bowls well and get our hopes up but then goes back to bowling like a fool. The bad period is way longer than the bits and pieces good part. In yesterday's match, he did not bowl any yorkers and gave the batsman width consistently. That is the problem. Anybody can get hit on a patta but Ishant is not learning anything even though he is playing for such a long time.