Any gamers around ??

jf1gp_1

Re: Any gamers around ?? Bit similar here. Started off with Atari, then Megadrives and then PC gaming. Never really adapted to the PS AND Xboxes. Used to play a lot of CS, 1/2life,Call of Duty 2 multiplayer until recently. Haven't played a game for over a year now.

Re: Any gamers around ?? Hehe, everybody started off with Atari here it seems. Remember the snakes game and the blocky Tennis ? lol loved it. Used to do a LOT of PC gaming until I switched to Linux. Use exclusively my console now (PS2). Will either shell out a few bucks for the PS3 or go for the Wii

Re: Any gamers around ?? I have a modded X-Box with plenty of games in it but haven't touched it since about couple of years. Used to be a very big cricket game player on PC but of late I hate the newer titles that have surfaced. Both BLIC and the EA Sports cricket 2005 were dampeners. Along with Shaliesh and few pom mates we used to play online cricket (not over the internet) using cricket 2004. Those were good times and we were into modding the game big time. I occasionally feel like having a go again but all the games have had their shelf time unfortunately. The game I liked of all is the Splinter cell series.

Re: Any gamers around ?? i have both cricket 2004 and cricket 2005.... 2004 is way better... both pc versions... used to be hooked on to ps2 when it first came out around 6 yrs back.... medal of honor used to be really good... then i loved grant auto theft...another guncon game, i forgot the name....thts pretty good too...

Re: Any gamers around ?? I first bought a SEGA GameGear (hand-held device) back in '92 or '93. Played stuff like Battle-toads, Super-Mario, Columns (just another name for Tetris). Grew out of that and got myself a Nintendo 64 in '98. Best console ever. I loved games like Super-Mario 64, Turok, Mario-kart 64, WCW/NWO Revenge (LOL) and the best game of all - GoldenEye. I swear, GoldenEye is the best shoot-em-up game ever made, PC OR console. Spent sh*loads of time playing 4 man multiplayer with friends and in school-wide "GoldenEye tournaments". The quality of gameplay is superb. Never really took to PC, but i loved the strategy games - ie; Age of Empires 2, Red Alert 2, Tiberian Sun, etc. were the ones i played a lot. Played Counter-strike quite often at gaming cafes, and i was quite good. All my shooting skills went to sh*t once i bought Unreal Tournament. First cricket game i ever played was Cricket '97. It wasn't bad...that was until i bought International Cricket Captain '00. God, i wasted hours of my life on that game. Unlike today's version of the game, in that edition you could only play as a county club (English CC), and needed to win trophies or finish in high positions for 2/3 seasons until the simulator would automatically give you an option to "captain" England. It was very challenging, and incredibly addictive ! All that is in the past now, as i haven't played any games since i joined university. Now i just feel they are a waste of time. After failing for so many years, i suppose the educational system has finally succeeded in brainwashing me.

Re: Any gamers around ?? mostly PC gaming, not much online though. Into modding cricket games as Ravi mentioned (will give a try to cricket 2007, may be a match some time Ravi? :spin:). I like WW2 games like MoH, CoD series and adventure games like The longest journey, Indigo prophecy. Would like to try Crysis when it comes out, just looks amazing.

Re: Any gamers around ?? wow predator... u reminded me of cricket 97.... tht was the first one i played- cricket game.... it was crude gameplay, but so novel at tht time.... since then, i have bought a lot of cricket games and play them almost everyday... cricket 2002, 2004, 2005... international cricket captain 2002, 2005.

Re: Any gamers around ??

mostly PC gaming, not much online though. Into modding cricket games as Ravi mentioned (will give a try to cricket 2007, may be a match some time Ravi? :spin:). I like WW2 games like MoH, CoD series and adventure games like The longest journey, Indigo prophecy. Would like to try Crysis when it comes out, just looks amazing.
Any fresh inside news on cricket 07 or BLIC new edition S? I thought BLIC new version has online gameplay. Let's hope it will be better than the rest. I don't have much hopes for Cricket 2007 though.

Re: Any gamers around ?? cricket 2005 was a huge diversion from the previous series namely 97, 2002, and 2004... but it was a huge letdown.... it needed a lot of hacks... but highly superior graphics.... if 2007 is a combination of 2005 and 2004, it will be a winner IMO...