Any gamers around ??

jf1gp_1

Re: Any gamers around ?? International Cricket Captain is the best cricket game I've ever played. In BCL etc it gets boring after a while. Piling on runs, killing the computer, simulating the bowling. :roll: In ICC 2005, the best random cricketer I've ever selected is S Abbas Ali(plays for UP). That guy is a terrific opening test bat. And Mohanty is a fantastic bowler too. Here is my test lineup:

Abbas Ali Sehwag Dravid Laxman Yuvraj Sachin Dharmani Bhajji Kumble Mohanty Balaji
And my ODI lineup is:
Ganguly Sachin Kambli Dravid Abbas Ali Sehwag (he is a killer in this position) Dharmani Agarkar Bhajji Kumble Mohanty

Re: Any gamers around ?? Gambo, even i am big time into cricket captain 2005.... the current game, i am at 2014....in this team.... Veeru/Yuvi both have crossed 10000 runs with around 51 ave.... Dhoni ends up with around 6000 runs at 43 ave... Munaf has 350 wkts at 29 and is at the last stages of his career.. surprise discoveries - Ojha - 200+ wkts at 23 ave... Raina was a huge letdown....i gave him 10 tests, and all with coaching/practice.. averaged a measly 26 or so...

Re: Any gamers around ?? nowadays i go with 3+2... when u pick a young player, who had a magnificent first class season averaging around 60+, put him on coaching technique for the whole series, but dont make him play any tests/odis.... jus include him for all those practice matches like natal and stuff.... in the next series, give him practice this time, and play him in tests.... but since u are investing so much on tht player, a senior player will suffer.... usually, wen u think it is time for someone to retire, u do it.... like SRT and RD were close to retirement, i invested a lot in this Chadda guy and Dhawan was 28 yrs or so, but i still went ahead and invested on him... boy, what a debut, Dhawan had.... in his first 11 tests, he averaged 100....

Re: Any gamers around ?? Munna was a 28 bowler.... Gagandeep was a fine investment, he got 200+ at 29... but the usual suspects of irfan, zak, balaji were all 35 kinda bowlers... Sachin Rana(who is slowly getting in the news) was an excellent ODI allrounder... he averaged 36 with the bat and 26 wit the ball.... but didnt click much in tests.... Munna rocked in ODIs..averaging 23...

Re: Any gamers around ?? I once played till 2011(I think) with this lineup:

Sehwag Abbas Ali Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Ganguly Dharmani Agarkar Sodhi Kumble Bhajji
A very deep batting lineup but not a very good opening bowling combo. I had amazing success with this team.

Re: Any gamers around ?? how was agarkar for u?? he was a big flop for me, eating away so many practice sessions.... Other than tht, the batting seems solid.... Actually, u may wanna watch out, around tht time, most of ur batting will retire and tht too without warning.... u will suddenly not find any of their name for selection... the bad part is, u wont even be able to go back and see how many centuries Sachin had before he retired... i roughly remember 45 or so... but it would be good to still see his stats...

Re: Any gamers around ?? Agarkar always got wickets with the new ball. His batting was also quite decent. Sodhi was the surprise packet. Bowling was mediocre, about max 2-3 wickets per game but batting was extremely solid. Rescued me many times.

Re: Any gamers around ?? hmm... i missed out on Sodhi.... will try him next time.... the good thing is, one game lasts about 2-3 months for me..... but this is the farthest i have come so far... then interest starts waning, wen none of the name are known to u... u wont imagine this.... from 2012 or so, Australia are 8th in both batting and bowling... :) Pak has a good bowler in raiz afridi.... he was their spearhead along with Asif and both were pretty penetrative...

Any gamers around? I generally tend to stick to PC Games. All time favourite is Quake I. That was unbeatable! Among the ones that I've played recently and really liked: Splinter Cell: Double Agent (love all SC series) GUN Call of Duty (all of them) ICC Cricket Captain 2006 (my all time favourite cricket game)

ICC Cricket Captain 2006 (my all time favourite cricket game)
I loved the ICC Cricket Captain games. Played my first one back in '00, been hooked ever since. It's more addictive than a drug. I even went as far as to break the CD during exams because i simply couldn't study because of it. Now i occasionally download the demos

I loved the ICC Cricket Captain games. Played my first one back in '00, been hooked ever since. It's more addictive than a drug. I even went as far as to break the CD during exams because i simply couldn't study because of it. Now i occasionally download the demos
Used to game a lot.. Cricket 2000 and F1 2002 were my favourite. Got well and truly addicted to F1, used to play full 70 lap races. Nothing can match that feeling when you over-take another car on the track !