Any gamers around ??

jf1gp_1

I played mostly strategy games like Civ III, civ IV, C&C, Red Alert, Starcraft etc...with the occasional RPG like castle wolfenstien or diablo II. If ultimate strategy is your thing, try playing Civ IV. Its literally running a country thats done very very realistically and certain historical events happen out just the same if you play it right ( some games i've waited for a larger bigger civilized empire to destabilize in internal strife or mismanagement to 'strike and permanently take over' its territorries with my much smaller but more militaristic empire..or vice versa). Riveting gameplay and a real brain-worker. If war-strategy is your thing, its hard to beat Starcraft..yes, its graphics suck and there are no naval units...but its the best balanced strategy game ever. FPS games i used to get bored with...it requires too much time to get any good and play online...if i log-in to CS, i get strafed in no time...

I played Cricket '97 once. It was crap. Others game i wasted hours of my life playing; - Tiberian Sun - Red Alert 2 - Age of Empires 2 - Unreal Tournament - Counter-strike ...and sh*tloads of games on my Nintendo 64.
Oh ****! How did I miss that one out?! CS:Condition Zero was one I spent hours and hours on! Half Life too.

i have the entire series of EA cricket games... 97 onwards... the best being the 2004 one... and 2007 runs it pretty close..... i have the international cricket captain, 2 editions.... pretty engrossing ones.... Kuma war rocks... war games fans, this is the real deal... u get to download and play real episodes happening in iraq and afghanistan.... pretty thrilling and decent graphics... on ps2, i have very few... but i like em.... the guncon one - time crisis, medal of honor.... u guessed it right... i like only 2 kinds of games..... shooting or cricket...

I generally tend to stick to PC Games. All time favourite is Quake I. That was unbeatable! Among the ones that I've played recently and really liked: Splinter Cell: Double Agent (love all SC series) GUN Call of Duty (all of them) ICC Cricket Captain 2006 (my all time favourite cricket game)
Hehe - Quake 1 has kinda been surpassed in every respect since tho. I guess my favrotive shooters are getting old now: - Half Life 1 - Deus Ex - Alien vs Predator All three have something in common - inferior sequels.

Couldn't get into PC shooters ever since 3d controls thing,when we started using mouse to aim instead of keyboards,so my gaming went into a huge lull apart from a few weeks of BLIC 96,99,EA cricket (all of them) and the tomb raider series. But in the last one year, i have gotten into gaming again and pretty much buy a game every couple of weeks. Some of the best i have played recently, Gears of war-3rd person shooter Forza motorsport - Racing sim Crackdown - GTA with a superhero Ninja gaiden black

Mouse control is the best form of shooter control tho.
Never liked the twitch trigger type control....i really liked quake 3d arena and played a lot online but i just got sick of sitting on my comp desk and trying to control your mouse as fast as you can but its basically just pointing and clicking. The xbox 360 controller on the other hand, dual analog with force feedback and pressure sensitive trigger and it fits perfectly on my hand.I can sit my huge ass on my couch, or lay down on it and still play the game properly. Its way more fun. Infact,i started using a logitech joypad a long time back for games like cricket and fifa. I just dont like using the keyboard at all.

just finish call of duty 3. waitiing for Ninja Gaiden Sigma to get released.
:haha::haha: Waves "Ninja Gaiden black" to your face. Jokes apart, a brilliant game but really tough. COD 3 wasn't really good. I was expecting much better after cod 2. Anyway, i dont think i will play another WWII shooter.

Just downloaded the new one form Codemasters RACE GRID http://www.grid-game.com/index.php?territory=EnglishUK/home/ Driving is as real as it can get, with lotta smoke and tire burning Best part is that it has a flasback option, if u crash u can flashback that moment and replay it and with the slo-mo, u can literally see every piece of metal fly Cars: From Saleens to Concept Camaaros play it

Just downloaded the new one form Codemasters RACE GRID http://www.grid-game.com/index.php?territory=EnglishUK/home/ Driving is as real as it can get, with lotta smoke and tire burning Best part is that it has a flasback option, if u crash u can flashback that moment and replay it and with the slo-mo, u can literally see every piece of metal fly Cars: From Saleens to Concept Camaaros play it
I like grid. It feels real but is still an arcade game at core. Loved most of the game until the bigger laps turned up. Now i got to race a full 10 mins just to complete a race. Forza 3 demo is amazing . I have forza 2 and put in hours in that game just to get 1 perfect corner but alas i overtuned my car and it became too powerful to handle. I quit that game then. But in forza 3, everything is customizable and it has rewind feature. So it is a treat to play it without braking help, full sim damage and traction help turned off. Even when i make mistakes, they are easily correctable. I might bite but Call of duty is just 2 weeks after forza 3 and my dvd drive will not see another game for a month after call of duty comes out.SO i might wait till next year. But next year Jan is Mass effect, Feb is Splinter cell followed soon by Dead rising, Lost planet, Carckdown and Alan wake.