Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

:WTF: Sehwag's place is secure in the XI? Wow! Go and check out his records in the same period you mentioned - post WC 2011
hes done enough b4 that to be secure.atleast on Indian pitches for the time being.the most we can think of is moving him down the order.its Gambhir whos vulnerable. for T20s,Raina or Kohli can be captain about advertisers,I meant there maybe a clause or something thats stopping him for resigning.dunno I'm just speculating
wasnt good enough' date='thats what matters.[/quote'] Nothing is gonna be good enough if you expect success all the time. The fact is that we overacheived in tournament and perhaps performed better than expectations. That has to be congratulated rather than have more questions. But hey, it's democracy. People are gonna complain in any situations, circumstances. It's gonna be hard to debate with you if you just want to argue for the sake of it only.
Lol at beating South Africa. South Africa could have easily won that game. They were never interested in winning the match. Remember their faces when they won crossed the mark to knock India out' date=' they were dull. Stop making excuses for everything. Dhoni has brainfarts after brainfarts. holds Ashwin's bowling off till late and even then removes him after one over. The idiot starts being proactive and setting field placements when the match is truly over. And congrats for beating a *****y pak team who dropped catches, buffet bowling, ajmal didn't come onto bowl till the match was out of hand, defensive field placements and pathetic batting. Our fielding has been good throughout the tourney. You saw the way pakis got out that day? Full tosses and short hit me balls. Watson would have made a 100 if he was playing for pakis that day.[/quote'] See, you will be getting the negatives out of every match, but that does not mean that even the victories in such BIG pressure games are just treated as if a win over a minnow. It takes balls to go out there and handle the pressure and win against Pakistan. Whatever might be the consequences, we still won 4 out of 5 matches. You are demeaning that fact as if you are a Paki.
Nothing is gonna be good enough if you expect success all the time.
Expecting the team to reach the knock outs of WT20 at least once out of three attempts or something better than whitewashes when we tour abroad is expecting "success all the time"? Dhoni fanboys have lost all touch with reality! :hysterical:
Lol at beating South Africa. South Africa could have easily won that game. They were never interested in winning the match. Remember their faces when they won crossed the mark to knock India out' date= they were dull. Stop making excuses for everything. Dhoni has brainfarts after brainfarts. holds Ashwin's bowling off till late and even then removes him after one over. The idiot starts being proactive and setting field placements when the match is truly over. And congrats for beating a *****y pak team who dropped catches, buffet bowling, ajmal didn't come onto bowl till the match was out of hand, defensive field placements and pathetic batting. Our fielding has been good throughout the tourney. You saw the way pakis got out that day? Full tosses and short hit me balls. Watson would have made a 100 if he was playing for pakis that day.
And we could have easily won against Australia had it not rained - it's fun discussing things which didn't happen, NO? :winky:
Nothing is gonna be good enough if you expect success all the time. The fact is that we overacheived in tournament and perhaps performed better than expectations. That has to be congratulated rather than have more questions. But hey, it's democracy. People are gonna complain in any situations, circumstances. It's gonna be hard to debate with you if you just want to argue for the sake of it only.
I dont expect success,I expect full effort for that success,leaving no stone unturned.that wasnt here. we over achieved coz we won 1 super 8 game against Pakis?I wouldnt count the SA game because just a win isnt wat we were looking for
Whatever might be the consequences, we still won 4 out of 5 matches. You are demeaning that fact as if you are a Paki.
Whatever might be the number of matches won, the fact is that the team has come back home without reaching the knockouts for the third time in succession. You are glorifying meaningless wins as if you are a Paki.
I dont expect success,I expect full effort for that success,leaving no stone unturned.that wasnt here. we over achieved coz we won 1 super 8 game against Pakis?I wouldnt count the SA game because just a win isnt wat we were looking for
Yes, we tried as good as we could. Hard to blame any single person. Our limitations were well-known. If you insist on blaming Dhoni still, perhaps politics is the right area for you where you could enjoy the blame game and get respect/$$$$ at the same time
Expecting the team to reach the knock outs of WT20 at least once out of three attempts or something better than whitewashes when we tour abroad is expecting "success all the time"? Dhoni fanboys have lost all touch with reality! :hysterical:
:haha:
Whatever might be the number of matches won' date=' the fact is that the team has come back home without reaching the knockouts for the third time in succession. You are glorifying meaningless wins as if you are a Paki.[/quote'] Super 8 stage is just as good as a knockout, the format of this tournament is such. And for once, it was a technicality which saw us out. It isn't that the other sides are much or even marginally better. Windies have won 1 game in the stipulated overs and are in the semis. PS: this is not a defence of Dhoni. It's just that some of you are painting a very bleak portrait. Our performance may not be Rembrant's Euphoria, but it certainly isn't Picasso's Scream.
Yes' date=' we tried as good as we could. Hard to blame any single person. Our limitations were well-known. If you insist on blaming Dhoni still, perhaps politics is the right area for you where you could enjoy the blame game and get respect/$$$$ at the same time[/quote'] tried as good as we could?there r multiple points there for that,but wat most bugs me most,how complacent they were in respect of NRR in both Pak n Aus games.in Aus game,just went through the motions once Watson started hitting,didnt try to delay the loss,nor we try to chase down 128 quickly enough. also I'm not blaming Dhoni ALONE,the whole team management,followed by players.Dhoni is captain,he gotta take the brickbats with the bouquets,if he got praise for winning WC 2011,surely he shouldnt be immune to criticism if we lose
Whatever might be the number of matches won' date=' the fact is that the team has come back home without reaching the knockouts for the third time in succession. You are glorifying meaningless wins as if you are a Paki.[/quote'] This is what i could have expected from you. Beating around the bush and coming up with a self-proclaimed "sarcastic" reply rather than debating properly. Pretty much explains why BB used to hate you.
Super 8 stage is just as good as a knockout, the format of this tournament is such. And for once, it was a technicality which saw us out. It isn't that the other sides are much or even marginally better. Windies have won 1 game in the stipulated overs and are in the semis. PS: this is not a defence of Dhoni. It's just that some of you are painting a very bleak portrait. Our performance may not be Rembrant's Euphoria, but it certainly isn't Picasso's Scream.
In the overall scheme of things it is a bleak portrait as it just adds to the string of failures over the past year and a half and for a longer time in T20: 1. No other major team has been knocked out of three consecutive WT20s before the semis. 2. Whitewashed in England in both tests and ODIs - failed to win a single match in the entire tour. 3. Whitewashed in Australia in tests. 4. Failed to make finals of CB series. 5. Failed to make finals of Asia Cup. What has been our success in the meanwhile: 1. Test wins at home against NZ and WI. 2. A couple of bilateral ODI series wins. It's not difficult to see that the picture is indeed bleak across all formats of the game.
In the overall scheme of things it is a bleak portrait as it just adds to the string of failures over the past year and a half and for a longer time in T20: 1. No other major team has been knocked out of three consecutive WT20s before the semis. 2. Whitewashed in England in both tests and ODIs - failed to win a single match in the entire tour. 3. Whitewashed in Australia in tests. 4. Failed to make finals of CB series. 5. Failed to make finals of Asia Cup. What has been our success in the meanwhile: 1. Test wins at home against NZ and WI. 2. A couple of bilateral ODI series wins. It's not difficult to see that the picture is indeed bleak across all formats of the game.
There is only one year bad and u forget all dhoni and ur team achieve lol this rubbish u should back ur team under dhoni u won 2 world cups that very big for any one u forget that
See, you will be getting the negatives out of every match, but that does not mean that even the victories in such BIG pressure games are just treated as if a win over a minnow. It takes balls to go out there and handle the pressure and win against Pakistan. Whatever might be the consequences, we still won 4 out of 5 matches. You are demeaning that fact as if you are a Paki.
Exactly what I had predicted. Dhoni lobby will say we still won the match which is what Dhoni set out to achieve after we ended with just 151.
And we could have easily won against Australia had it not rained - it's fun discussing things which didn't happen' date=' NO? :winky:[/quote'] Easily won against Australia? Our bowling was **** regardless. They still would have beaten us handsomely. And regarding your second point, I could care less. The fact of the matter is Dhoni failed as a captain and should be held responsible for it. Dhoni is not a proactive captain anymore. He is reactive and that too always reacts when the game is out of hand. Look at how much time he took to change the field placement AFTER we were knocked out. The only thing that is still keeping him in the team is that he's a captain and a piss poor one at that. The guy should be nowhere near the T20 team ( along with at least half others who should also be kicked out). The guy keeps giving the same lame excuses after every loss. We were this many runs short, etc , etc. I don't know about you, but that is getting tiresome. The whole T20 team needs a overhaul and you start from the kaptaan cool himself.
Easily won against Australia? Our bowling was **** regardless. They still would have beaten us handsomely. And regarding your second point' date= I could care less. The fact of the matter is Dhoni failed as a captain and should be held responsible for it. Dhoni is not a proactive captain anymore. He is reactive and that too always reacts when the game is out of hand. Look at how much time he took to change the field placement AFTER we were knocked out. The only thing that is still keeping him in the team is that he's a captain and a piss poor one at that. The guy should be nowhere near the T20 team ( along with at least half others who should also be kicked out). The guy keeps giving the same lame excuses after every loss. We were this many runs short, etc , etc. I don't know about you, but that is getting tiresome. The whole T20 team needs a overhaul and you start from the kaptaan cool himself.
You still keep on talking about things that did not happen - the rest is fine. Just avoid mentioning things which are based on hypothetical scenarios and you should be good. :good: