Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

even if you are a supporter of Dhoni, like me, it is undeniable that the work load is just way too much as of now. He needs to be removed from captaincy from atleast one of the formats if not two. Should still remain captain in ODIs but for T20s atleast, he has to go. time to give Yuvi the captaincy for T20s?

This guy got as lucky as they got as a captain, except one day (third day) against fourth test in nagpur 2008 where he stifled Aussies.I have not seen him do anything as a captain to suggest that he thinks something out of box or has a great tactical acumen. Yesterday was mind boggling captaincy which has no defense how in world he can bring his strike bowler in ninth over defending 121, if Ashwin is not his strike bowler why is he in team then. As captain who lacks tactical skill you should be good judge of talent and have guts to back them, this guy had everything going for him in last four years with no one to question his selections.All his team selections are horrible even in world cup last year which he won was due to him being lucky than good which he himself admitted. Second as captain he should lead by example with performance on field which Dhoni has never done except in odis, his performances have been horrible in T-20 and in test matches it is always gone missing when team needeed him.He always promotes himself when team is going good and when it is struggling he quietly moves behind . He has never given confidence to his match winners, berated them publicly and always backed wrong horses.He lacks that courage which captain needs to fight against tough times both on and off the field. Last but not least he never takes responsibility and always blames something or someone for his short comings.But this is not just him but it goes with entire team with very few exceptions. I thought he still was best bet for Indian cricket till yesterday but it was very clear from his stupidity that he needs to go ASAP.Before the next series we need to have a new captain and not this moron.

This guy got as lucky as they got as a captain, except one day (third day) against fourth test in nagpur 2008 where he stifled Aussies.I have not seen him do anything as a captain to suggest that he thinks something out of box or has a great tactical acumen. Yesterday was mind boggling captaincy which has no defense how in world he can bring his strike bowler in ninth over defending 121, if Ashwin is not his strike bowler why is he in team then. As captain who lacks tactical skill you should be good judge of talent and have guts to back them, this guy had everything going for him in last four years with no one to question his selections.All his team selections are horrible even in world cup last year which he won was due to him being lucky than good which he himself admitted. Second as captain he should lead by example with performance on field which Dhoni has never done except in odis, his performances have been horrible in T-20 and in test matches it is always gone missing when team needeed him.He always promotes himself when team is going good and when it is struggling he quietly moves behind . He has never given confidence to his match winners, berated them publicly and always backed wrong horses.He lacks that courage which captain needs to fight against tough times both on and off the field. Last but not least he never takes responsibility and always blames something or someone for his short comings.But this is not just him but it goes with entire team with very few exceptions. I thought he still was best bet for Indian cricket till yesterday but it was very clear from his stupidity that he needs to go ASAP.Before the next series we need to have a new captain and not this moron.
so I'm definitely not overdoing it:haha:
Yesterday was mind boggling captaincy which has no defense how in world he can bring his strike bowler in ninth over defending 121, if Ashwin is not his strike bowler why is he in team then
. Faf used to play Ashiwn in nets for CSK. Hence no point in bowling him when Faf was batting
Dhoni is like Sylverster Stallone in Rocky 3 movie. He has got so much in such a short period of time. He is not ready to fight hard and scared of losing.
Bodes well for India as I'm waiting for ending of Rocky III and Rocky IV and V. By the way Rockey IV was my favorite and if Dhoni can replicate the same in 2015 WC, it would be one hell of a tourney for Indian fans :--D

Dhoni should leave India T20 captaincy to Kohli and CSK captaincy to Raina. Pick and chose ODIs at home. That will relieve him from much of workload. In Tests we'll need him for at least 2 years, as I don't see anyone who can replace him apart from Gambhir who will be dropped sooner or later at least in Tests. Dhoni doesn't have much Cricket left in him from the looks of it, so he better try to prolong his career.

Dhoni should leave India T20 captaincy to Kohli and CSK captaincy to Raina. Pick and chose ODIs at home. That will relieve him from much of workload. In Tests we'll need him for at least 2 years, as I don't see anyone who can replace him apart from Gambhir who will be dropped sooner or later at least in Tests. Dhoni doesn't have much Cricket left in him from the looks of it, so he better try to prolong his career.
It's unfortunate Gambhir is out of form at the wrong time. He would have made a good captain. He is aggressive and backs his bowlers and it's just too bad his spot in the team is not guaranteed at the moment given his shoddy form.
Exactly what I had predicted. Dhoni lobby will say we still won the match which is what Dhoni set out to achieve after we ended with just 151.
This isn't only about Dhoni. Why are you guys so obsessed with him. The team as a WHOLE performed really well to win 4 out of 5 matches but we as fans just cant appreciate that.
It's unfortunate Gambhir is out of form at the wrong time. He would have made a good captain. He is aggressive and backs his bowlers and it's just too bad his spot in the team is not guaranteed at the moment given his shoddy form.
There are some players who start performing better when they lead the side. When NZ toured India back in 2010/11 for the ODI series and we whitewashed them in the ODI series and Gauti lead us and was the man of the series. He scored 329 of 296 balls in the series. He was the prize wicket against KKR aswell. Also, this article during the NZ series. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2010/content/story/490447.html He is a concerned and a hard working guy. I would raise both my hands if the selectors drop him because am pretty he would be back with tons of runs in all formats just as he did in his comeback.
This is what i could have expected from you. Beating around the bush and coming up with a self-proclaimed "sarcastic" reply rather than debating properly. Pretty much explains why BB used to hate you.
Beating around the bush? Rather you are chest beating about 4 out of 5 wins. Didn't Australia also win 4 out of 5? Didn't Pakistan also win 4 out of 5? There are only 2 spots and the worst team out of the three had to go out, which was India. Problem understanding this simple logic or you think I am being sarcastic?
This isn't only about Dhoni. Why are you guys so obsessed with him. The team as a WHOLE performed really well to win 4 out of 5 matches but we as fans just cant appreciate that.
Because this thread is about Dhoni. There are similar threads about pretty much every other player. And yes also because he is the captain to lead the team out of the 3rd straight early exit and is a non performer with the bat in T20 with his pathetic strike rate of 110.
He is a concerned and a hard working guy. I would raise both my hands if the selectors drop him because am pretty he would be back with tons of runs in all formats just as he did in his comeback.
He has shown no signs of improvement and in the last few months has gone even worse. Not performing in Australia and England can be excused but he failed to score even against Kiwis at home. If his team was not there in this CL T20 he would have played some games in Ranji and worked on the poke habit which can't be worked out in nets ..but alas. I don't see a good England series for him if he is picked. He does have an image of a hard working guy, but just the image doesn't inspire much confidence when he has shown no concern, although I am his fan.
He has shown no signs of improvement and in the last few months has gone even worse. Not performing in Australia and England can be excused but he failed to score even against Kiwis at home. If his team was not there in this CL T20 he would have played some games in Ranji and worked on the poke habit which can't be worked out in nets ..but alas. I don't see a good England series for him if he is picked. He does have an image of a hard working guy, but just the image doesn't inspire much confidence when he has shown no concern, although I am his fan.
Agreed. And as a fan myself, I would want him dropped from the side for his own good.
Because this thread is about Dhoni. There are similar threads about pretty much every other player. And yes also because he is the captain to lead the team out of the 3rd straight early exit and is a non performer with the bat in T20 with his pathetic strike rate of 110.
If not for his batting yesterday, we might not have reached even 140.