Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

If not for his batting yesterday' date=' we might not have reached even 140.[/quote'] and also if he had not stopped balls behind stumps, there would have been around 25 fours through bye's for SA. That means additional 100 runs. I don't understand why people don't count those 100 runs as Dhoni's contribution. I am not even including how many oevrthrows we would have conceded, had Dhoni not gathered all those throws. :dontknow:
and also if he had not stopped balls behind stumps' date=' there would have been around 25 fours through bye's for SA. That means additional 100 runs. I don't understand why people don't count those 100 runs as Dhoni's contribution. I am not even including how many oevrthrows we would have conceded, had Dhoni not gathered all those throws. :dontknow:[/quote'] :hysterical:
and also if he had not stopped balls behind stumps' date=' there would have been around 25 fours through bye's for SA. That means additional 100 runs. I don't understand why people don't count those 100 runs as Dhoni's contribution. I am not even including how many oevrthrows we would have conceded, had Dhoni not gathered all those throws. :dontknow:[/quote'] Another guy just beating around the bush and ignoring the debate.
Bodes well for India as I'm waiting for ending of Rocky III and Rocky IV and V. By the way Rockey IV was my favorite and if Dhoni can replicate the same in 2015 WC' date=' it would be one hell of a tourney for Indian fans :--D[/quote'] Adrian( Shakshi Rawat) should encourage him...
Another guy just beating around the bush and ignoring the debate.
What is there to debate? Should a person be removed from captaincy after leading team to exit in super eights for three consecutive times? Should a person who led team to biggest even humiliation of all time in test cricket be allowed to continue as captain? Somebody who is not ready to acknowledge his mistakes even after being pointed out 100 times? I am not going to debate whether it was team's collective failure or Dhoni's failure. Dhoni has been leader of the pack and has to take some responsibility. That's what leadership is about. Team has been in downward spiral for last one and half years and nothing should be done to Dhoni. India lost 8 test matches but Dhoni can not be blamed because he was forced to have budaaoos in team and then we got rid of budhaoos. Now in team which played here, there was no budaoos, still we lost. Now we need to get rid of second wave of budaoos like Gambhir, Sehwag, Zaheer and Bhajji. Then third wave and so on. But nothing should be done to Dhoni's captaincy. Why,? Because what Dhoni can do if team is incompetent. Are if Dhoni can't do any thing as captain, why he is captain? To show his expertise in toss?
What is there to debate? Should a person be removed from captaincy after leading team to exit in super eights for three consecutive times? Should a person who led team to biggest even humiliation of all time in test cricket be allowed to continue as captain? Somebody who is not ready to acknowledge his mistakes even after being pointed out 100 times? I am not going to debate whether it was team's collective failure or Dhoni's failure. Dhoni has been leader of the pack and has to take some responsibility. That's what leadership is about. Team has been in downward spiral for last one and half years and nothing should be done to Dhoni. India lost 8 test matches but Dhoni can not be blamed because he was forced to have budaaoos in team and then we got rid of budhaoos. Now in team which played here, there was no budaoos, still we lost. Now we need to get rid of second wave of budaoos like Gambhir, Sehwag, Zaheer and Bhajji. Then third wave and so on. But nothing should be done to Dhoni's captaincy. Why,? Because what Dhoni can do if team is incompetent. Are if Dhoni can't do any thing as captain, why he is captain? To show his expertise in toss?
I actually admired Dhoni's captaincy after the 2011 WC and 2007 T20WC...but he has really gone downhill this season. His impulsive decisions just don't seems to work anymore.
even if you are a supporter of Dhoni, like me, it is undeniable that the work load is just way too much as of now. He needs to be removed from captaincy from atleast one of the formats if not two. Should still remain captain in ODIs but for T20s atleast, he has to go. time to give Yuvi the captaincy for T20s?
+1 He is over worked which is why he is losing his edge. He needs to be rested or retired from captaincy so that he can focus on his game.
This isn't only about Dhoni. Why are you guys so obsessed with him. The team as a WHOLE performed really well to win 4 out of 5 matches but we as fans just cant appreciate that.
Stop that BS please. Dhoni made strategic blunders in the match vs SA. Holding back Ashwin despite getting early wickets, Rohit bowling that over when we were still in with a chance to restrict Saffers to under 121. Yesterday it looked as if he was resigned to us getting knocked out from ball one in the chase. His captaincy is stale, looks way too methodical, lacks any tactical acumen and at times borders on being arrogant. Just read what ABDV said and compare that to what Dhoni said after both the sides had been knocked out of the tournament.
Stop that BS please. Dhoni made strategic blunders in the match vs SA. Holding back Ashwin despite getting early wickets, Rohit bowling that over when we were still in with a chance to restrict Saffers to under 121. Yesterday it looked as if he was resigned to us getting knocked out from ball one in the chase. His captaincy is stale, looks way too methodical, lacks any tactical acumen and at times borders on being arrogant. Just read what ABDV said and compare that to what Dhoni said after both the sides had been knocked out of the tournament.
++

Dhoni likes to toot the horn about following the process and the results will take care of themselves BS and hence the unimaginative captaincy..... It is easiest to remove him from our t20 side without adverse impact so I say why not.... he isn't adding anything great to the side just like Sachin (who no longer plays this format) Also keep him in-charge of the odi side (allow him to defend the crown in 2015) He can also keep his place in the test side as a player/wk.... but I know for a fact that our gutless setup will never employ 3 captains for each of the formats so this is wishful thinking

Problem with Dhoni is he has reached some extreme highs and extreme lows. Nothing in between. Either win the whole thing or lose all matches. Pretty much the story of Dhoni's tenure. It is like first part of his career as captain filled with array of trophies with few flops. Second part is not even mirror image. It is more like array of flops and few near misses. Dhoni himself should volunteer to step down. he is captain of ODI,Test, T20 team for India, he is captain of CSK, he is also a keeper, he is also expected to score runs, he is also expected to improve his technique, he is also supposed handle the transition phase. Too much on his plate rightnow. Atleast in T20 he should hand over the captaincy someone different. Even great batsman will suffer when you overload him with responsibilities. He should take a step back and focus on just two formats. ODIs which comes naturally to him. Tests where he has to improve a lot.

what has Dhoni done in tests to continue as a captain.Anybody in this Indian can captain Indian team in India and win what Dhoni has won.His overseas record as a test captain is pathetic. Even in odis most of his wins came in India other than tri series in 2008.Gambhir showed by whipping NZ 5-0 captaining India in India for ODIs is not that difficult. In T-20 he is disaster both as player and captain.India don't play too many T-20s anyway so removing him from that role make no sense, he needs to go as a captain in all forms. This nonsense he has started about rotating older players is utter failure Sehwag and Gambhir failed yesterday and all thru this cup but unlike nohit they did not waste so many balls Then we will see how long he lasts as a player alone.

Should be sacked as Test Captain and should also be dropped from the Test team. He can remain the Captain in ODIs for a little longer. As for Tontee Tontee - I don't give a damn who is Kaptaan.
Problem I dont see a single test captaincy candidate right now. In T20, we can make Kohli the captain. In ODIs, he is still our second best batsman after Kohli.