Operation Blue Star general stabbed in London

1983-2011

Not an expert on operation bluestar but saying that those who killed were inocents is gross propoganda, nothing else. Most of them were bloody militants and deserved to be killed. There might have been some collateral damage but then Indian government was forced to do so. There should be no sympathy for those who use religious places as their shield, be it Temple, Mosque, Church or GUruDwara. I find it surprising that people don't hold Bhindarawale responsible for what happened at Golden Temple. But I do agree that Sajjan Kuma and Tytler should be brought to justice for what they did in aftermath of Indira Gandhi assassination.
agree with the whole post.Sajjan kumar and Tytler should have been hanged long long timr back.It is really sad.

Common sense says, that is exactly a sign to go all out. And at the end, it ended the terrorism, so the outcome does kind of justify the means. You should not be too emotionaly attached to buildings and books, and just have faith in your faith. And that, I guess did survive.
It did not stop anything, it only ESCALATED matters. Hundreds and thousands of people died in Punjab from 1984 - 1994 from both religions. Do you think think that was worth it? Had it been handled properly there wouldn't be such a loss of life. People who live far away will never understand the pain because it doesn't affect them, probably like Iraq today. India is obviously a spiritual and religious country, that's why nearly every shop and car has a religious picture in it. So attacking a religious building is going to hurt the sentiments of people. In that sense India is very different to the west. Clearly buildings are important to every religious group, remember Ayodhya? Anyway like I said most Sikhs have moved on but they do still remember and do not want this repeated.

It did not stop anything' date=' it only ESCALATED matters. [b']Hundreds and thousands of people died in Punjab from 1984 - 1994 from both religions. Do you think think that was worth it? Had it been handled properly there wouldn't be such a loss of life. People who live far away will never understand the pain because it doesn't affect them, probably like Iraq today. India is obviously a spiritual and religious country, that's why nearly every shop and car has a religious picture in it. So attacking a religious building is going to hurt the sentiments of people. In that sense India is very different to the west. Clearly buildings are important to every religious group, remember Ayodhya? Anyway like I said most Sikhs have moved on but they do still remember and do not want this repeated.
Stop listening to Khalistan radio please. People killed in Punjab in 1994?? Man only NRIs can come up with such gems! :giggle:

Only problem I got with Blue Star is that we launched operation on a major Sikh festival, Golden Temple was jam packed. So Indira did wanted to send across a very strong message by killing innocent pilgrims who had nothing to do with Bhindrawale or Khalistan movement. This led to terrorism at great scale and subsequently anti-Sikh riots. Only 'Indian Express' was neutral newspaper covering this, other Indian reputed papers were all Gandhi propaganda machine. International media was not allowed. It was Zia Ul Haq moment for India. I was 16~ that time, and was spending my summer holidays in Karnal.

Only problem I got with Blue Star is that we launched operation on a major Sikh festival, Golden Temple was jam packed. So Indira did wanted to send across a very strong message by killing innocent pilgrims who had nothing to do with Bhindrawale or Khalistan movement. This led to terrorism at great scale and subsequently anti-Sikh riots. Only 'Indian Express' was neutral newspaper covering this, other Indian reputed papers were all Gandhi propaganda machine. International media was not allowed. It was Zia Ul Haq moment for India. I was 16~ that time, and was spending my summer holidays in Karnal.
Good post, the whole operation was a blunder. There was a similar incident a few years later but that time the police got rid of the militants without blowing things up with tanks. Operation Bluestar was not only bad for what happened during the attack but for what happened afterwards.

This seems to be a very sensitive topic in Canada. There are many Sikhs which still call for Khalistan and openly support the ones involved in the Air India bombing I guess they see it as collateral damage but there were many Sikhs in that plane too One of my good friends ( migrated from Chandigarh few years back ) supports Khalistan as well, he briefly explained how it all started where the farmers were not given the right share, I vividly remember this incident, tank entering the golden temple, he says even though lot of Hindus killed Sikhs but it was a Hindu who gave shelter to his father but scars remain. But despite what happened, Sikhs still live there and make up majority of the armed forces I remember this incident during my school trip to the far east in 1988, we were all swimming in the hotel pool and this Chinese lady called one of the Sikh students a terrorist. I am not sure in what context as we were all too young to understand but I guess it was the image that time.

Beant Singh CM was assasinated in 1995 in Chandigarh' date=' with some 10 other people.[/quote'] Fair enough. But that was more an aftermath of the Punjab extremism than suggesting till 1994 Punjab was burning. Those who remember Sikh extremism of 80s will readily attest that it was far worse than any such extremism, even the Kashmir one.

This seems to be a very sensitive topic in Canada. There are many Sikhs which still call for Khalistan and openly support the ones involved in the Air India bombing I guess they see it as collateral damage but there were many Sikhs in that plane too One of my good friends ( migrated from Chandigarh few years back ) supports Khalistan as well, he briefly explained how it all started where the farmers were not given the right share, I vividly remember this incident, tank entering the golden temple, he says even though lot of Hindus killed Sikhs but it was a Hindu who gave shelter to his father but scars remain. But despite what happened, Sikhs still live there and make up majority of the armed forces I remember this incident during my school trip to the far east in 1988, we were all swimming in the hotel pool and this Chinese lady called one of the Sikh students a terrorist. I am not sure in what context as we were all too young to understand but I guess it was the image that time.
This is a very contentious topic Rajiv and I doubt as a nation we are matured enough to have that conversation. It would be retarded to cast any doubt of the roles of Sikh in Armed Forces. It would also be equally difficult to forget that only time in Indian history a rebellion has happened in Indian Armed Forces was down to Sikh regiment. I have started to forget now, and maybe thats not a bad thing, how in the wake of 84 riots Ramgarh Cantonment (present day Jharkhand) killed their Commandant, looted Armory and tried to made towards Punjab. They were stopped by Bihar and UP regiment, not too far from my home town actually. Thankfully sane minds have prevailed and there was not much bloodshed. But yeah in the modern history of India it is only one regiment that has rebelled, at Ramgarh and Ganganagar. Was one of the reasons why many such ethnic battalions were disbanded later on.

Khalistan movement was widely supported by Pakistan Govt. they financed / armed .. did everything to create unrest in India... watch after 06:00 .. there is another video which is in detail but i couldn't find it. [ame=

in india - YouTube[/ame]

Khalistan movement was widely supported by Pakistan Govt. they financed / armed .. did everything to create unrest in India... watch after 06:00 .. there is another video which is in detail but i couldn't find it.
Just like Bangladesh was supported by India.

Do you have any numbers as to how many of them rebelled, you portray as if each one of the soldier in Sikh regiment rebelled...stop this bullshyite and don't tarnish the image of Sikh regiment just because some Sikh soldiers who were upset & their emotions took over. Next time say that a 'FEW' of them rebelled, if the whole regiment had rebelled...no way could some thulla babus of UP or Bihar would of stopped them. Also...just bcoz some lowlife Hindus killed & looted in Delhi & Kanpur 84 riots...we Sikhs will never generalize Hindus as the whole community is made of ***gots who group together & kill minorities.
Thanks for proving my point on the mature discussion on the contentious issue :--D

What pisses me off is that why is 1984 associated with deaths of Sikhs. Way more Hindus were killed by Sikhs prior to Blue Star n after. I used to live near the border of haryana n punjab and my parents gave shelter to so many hindu families who moved from interior Punjab. They had so many horror stories to say about how their Hindu neighbors were shot n burnt alive. No one talks about their life. Why do we only have to talk about attrocities on Sikhs forgetting how Punjab was/is majority Sikhs and killed way many innocent Hindus. Even Air Canada blast n death of 200 Indians was done by Sikhs but no it's only Hindus who r at fault!! No one the less Sikhs r really nice n patriotic people n I only have respect towards them but seeing Bhinderwala pic in Gurudwars in Canada boils my blood to no limit.