US Election Debate

vvvslaxman

Not sure about the topics for next debate. I thought this was the one to focus on domestic issues, and hence the right one to bring out 47% etc. I thought Obama's 'arithmetic' thing should ring aloud for quite while. He was basically able to connect Romney's planless-ness rheotric on Taxes/deductions, Dodd-Frank and Healthcare into a common theme. So he landed plenty of punches of his own.

Romney 1-0 It is funny to see how it is the Democrats now who are jumping over to criticize media and the "pundits", something right wingers do. As if it was there fault Obama didnt hit the ground running. Then again its just the one of many endless debates.

Not sure about the topics for next debate. I thought this was the one to focus on domestic issues, and hence the right one to bring out 47% etc. I thought Obama's 'arithmetic' thing should ring aloud for quite while. He was basically able to connect Romney's plan-ness less rheotric on Taxes/deductions, Dodd-Frank and Healthcare into a common theme. So he landed plenty of punches of his own.
I think he acted like a president, im not sure that was good or bad. For 47%, I dont think it was important to mention as its been on countless ads and programs. People know what Romney stands for and its best to leave these comments out of it. The great thing Obama did was to say he keeps changing positions and doesnt have a real plan.

Romney 1-0 It is funny to see how it is the Democrats now who are jumping over to criticize media and the "pundits", something right wingers do. As if it was there fault Obama didnt hit the ground running. Then again its just the one of many endless debates.
from what I saw on MSNBC, I think they were criticizing obama for not being prepared and aggressive enough. BTW Uncle Rudi pwned everybody on MSNBC panel :icflove:

Romney was agressive without being disrespectful, and he seemed more of a centrist problem solver where as obama looked unconfortable, obamas one line about looking at how good the economy did under clinron and how bad it did under bush is not going to work because it looks like he's hiding what happened in the last 4 years under him. He needs to focus on what he did the last 4 years.

Romney was agressive without being disrespectful' date=' and he seemed more of a[b'] centrist problem solver where as obama looked unconfortable, obamas one line about looking at how good the economy did under clinron and how bad it did under bush is not going to work because it looks like he's hiding what happened in the last 4 years under him. He needs to focus on what he did the last 4 years.
:hysterical: Except for small matter of not giving any solution yes, he did seem that way.

Obama was going for calm and cool, but he seemed listless and indifferent to the viewer. Romney was more relaxed and was attentive. Went for the kill on every opportunity. I think Obama will come out with the guns in the next debate and bring out the real Romney - Bain, Romneycare, the 47%. It's in his control how he can take it from here. Fear of losing early votes is not so much since he is ahead in polls and he is securing the moderate undecided who are leaning towards him. Those leaning towards Romney would have moved closer to him now. Yes, Romney 1 Obama 0.

I think Obama did great to pull it back a little...First few minutes it looked like he was getting owned by Romney.....Overall a good debate and usually the 2nd debate is always the better one as it looks like candidates have a lot of takeaways and enough time to dwell on what they did wrong. BTW did any one notice how forceful it felt when Obama tried to insert the ending of the Iraq War and Laden line in the end Lol... but to got to look at it this way,while Obama is busy running the country,Romney had all the time in this world to prepare for this debate.

Obama: I want to hire 100,000 more teachers Romney: If you hadn't wasted 90 Billion on companies like Solyndra, you could have hired 2 Million teachers. There were just way too many knock out punches by Romney. Obama wa having hard time standing there. I still think Obama is the better person for the job but he has been grounded by Romney after that debate.