US Election Debate

vvvslaxman

It was odd to see Obama not respond at all. Tax cuts for oil companies vs green energy ? One makes tens of billions in profits every quarter and has a limited future, the other IS THE FUTURE and needs assistance. Even the usual facts about the economy going from losing hundreds of thousands of jobs a month to creating them every cycle need to be re-enforced. Besides asking for the the specifics on eliminating deductions and how much each of them will contribute to compensate for tax cuts.

Obama was going for calm and cool' date= but he seemed listless and indifferent to the viewer. Romney was more relaxed and was attentive. Went for the kill on every opportunity. I think Obama will come out with the guns in the next debate and bring out the real Romney - Bain, Romneycare, the 47%. It's in his control how he can take it from here. Fear of losing early votes is not so much since he is ahead in polls and he is securing the moderate undecided who are leaning towards him. Those leaning towards Romney would have moved closer to him now. Yes, Romney 1 Obama 0.
that sums it up perfectly. The only thing Obama had to do was to point out again and again and again that while Romney wants to repeal/change/replace many of the major policies/plans introduced by Obama, he doesn't have any solutions as to how he will actually go about doing that - and he couldn't even do that and kept on going "Ah, ah, ah..." as if he didn't have any answers to what Romney was saying. To Romeny's credit, he looked as if he had prepared well for the debate.

Well Romney lied and flipped flopped again. He went against what he had said in the past and just painted a rosy picture without giving details at all. I was telling my wife that Romney is selling it like a car salesman, everything is too pretty and too easy. It will all be fine.. finance.. ah dont worry .. the car is expensive ... aaah dont worry I will give u a deal ... it costs too much to run .. dont worry I will explain how it will be cheaper. HE pwned Obama as its easier to sell

from what I saw on MSNBC, I think they were criticizing obama for not being prepared and aggressive enough. BTW Uncle Rudi pwned everybody on MSNBC panel :icflove:
MSNBC was flipping out, wondering if Presidentship had made Obama more "mellow". Jeez. No wonder I did a Cartman and bailed out with a Eff you guys I am going home. But my point was more against Democrats, the likes of his Press Secretary etc., who were suggesting how Obama was not talking to the "pundits" or to the "media" but to mainstream America who were sitting in their house. I thought that was what Republicans did typically..suppose not

MSNBC was flipping out' date=' wondering if Presidentship had made Obama more "mellow". Jeez. No wonder I did a Cartman and bailed out with a [i']Eff you guys I am going home.
Interesting thing is that I heard the debate on the radio for the first 60 mins and saw the rest on TV. It looked much worse on TV and on radio I would have said close to 50-50 or maybe 60-40 to Romney but on TV it was much worse, Obama was smiling, looking in every direction but at Romney and was shaking his head in agreement while Romney criticized him. Bas bhaiya ab to sansar se vishwas uth gaya hai mera ... **** marali obama ne ..
But my point was more against Democrats, the likes of his Press Secretary etc., who were suggesting how Obama was not talking to the "pundits" or to the "media" but to mainstream America who were sitting in their house. I thought that was what Republicans did typically..suppose not
Well they had to say something :dontknow: If I was one of them I would just say " Obama wanted Romney to be aggressive and talk and Obama is just setting him up for a serious criticism in the next debate, Romney doesnt talk/commint clearly and obama was getting him to open up so Obama can attack him from now on"

Just as I said

In Fallout After Debate, Obama Asks, Which Mitt Was That? DENVER — President Obama and his team woke up here on Thursday morning confronted by the realization that he lost his first debate by passively letting Mitt Romney control the conversation. Then the president and his advisers resolved to do what he himself did not the night before. Under fire from fellow Democrats, Mr. Obama came out swinging, accusing Mr. Romney of lying to the American people about his plans for the nation. “I met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be Mitt Romney,” Mr. Obama told 12,000 supporters during a lakeside rally. “But it couldn’t be Mitt Romney, because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the last year promising $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. The fellow onstage last night said he didn’t know anything about that.” He said the Mr. Romney of the debate wanted to put more teachers in classrooms and claimed not to know companies get tax breaks for outsourcing jobs. “The man onstage last night, he does not want to be held accountable for the real Mitt Romney’s decisions and what he’s been saying for the last year,” the president said. “And that’s because he knows full well that we don’t want what he’s been selling for the last year.” The vigorous assault on Mr. Romney suggested just how worried Mr. Obama’s campaign has become. The president’s advisers concluded that he had lost his first debate by not pressing Mr. Romney enough. After a series of late-night and early-morning consultations, the Obama team decided to try to correct that Thursday with a more aggressive stance, including the rally rhetoric, a new television ad and a conference call questioning Mr. Romney’s truthfulness.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/us/politics/obama-team-tries-to-change-course-after-debate-disappoints.html?_r=1&hp I think some tough questions coming up, IMO Romney oversold and changed his position on multiple issues

I can only imagine what might have been if Mitt was debating Clinton. Bubba would have ripped him a new one!! BHO was too soft on him.
That is his nature and unfortunately the hallmark of his presidency,he tried and tried to appease and compromise but the republicans blocked nearly everything.

No Jokes After watching this debate, comments here - I had a dream where Obama has lost ( I am working for him ), and his residence is a flat in Bandra, Mumbai. I have to call a friend as Romney needs the place, my friend arranges a Khaitya type bed on the terrace where you lie down and you can hear music from these high end headphones connected to a onkyo receiver, which is connected to a satellite. I ask my friend if there is a covered shelter, he says he can give his room but the bed is too thin. I go back to the flat ( the Indian Whitehouse ) where I need ID as the place belongs to romney but I get through a secret door and pick up some pillows, then some guy says obama gave up to easily, he never spoke a word in the elections, just smiled so I guess he must be tired. I woke up with extreme dry mouth- and for that 2 secs wondered where the hell am I

No Jokes After watching this debate, comments here - I had a dream where Obama has lost ( I am working for him ), and his residence is a flat in Bandra, Mumbai. I have to call a friend as Romney needs the place, my friend arranges a Khaitya type bed on the terrace where you lie down and you can hear music from these high end headphones connected to a onkyo receiver, which is connected to a satellite. I ask my friend if there is a covered shelter, he says he can give his room but the bed is too thin. I go back to the flat ( the Indian Whitehouse ) where I need ID as the place belongs to romney but I get through a secret door and pick up some pillows, then some guy says obama gave up to easily, he never spoke a word in the elections, just smiled so I guess he must be tired. I woke up with extreme dry mouth- and for that 2 secs wondered where the hell am I
:hysterical::hysterical:

:haha: I have dreamt about getting called up to play for India under Azhar's captaincy.

Obama is a bum' date=' and it was good to see Romney put him in his place for all to see that.[/quote'] And he did that by going against almost everything he has said so far plus by refusing to give any details. Heck even I can paint a rosy picture as long as I dont have to explain the plan to achieve it.

And he did that by going against almost everything he has said so far plus by refusing to give any details. Heck even I can paint a rosy picture as long as I dont have to explain the plan to achieve it.
There was this guy on CNN post debate told. "Romney is kind of a guy who would say anything to get elected". It was basically to score points in the debate.

And he did that by going against almost everything he has said so far plus by refusing to give any details. Heck even I can paint a rosy picture as long as I dont have to explain the plan to achieve it.
and Obama had a powerpoint presentation to show the details of the shi* job he has been doing for the last four years. :two_thumbs_up: