Why does Dravid choose to chase...

he is under pressure from Gang and Vengy... Ganguly must retire from ODIs...Sachin must be told straight to throw his bat at every delivery..else get out of the team... these Oldies are hurting the future of team india/.... i am ready to lose 5 series loss with youngsters...as least they will gain experience and will learn... these pensioners are not going to learn any thing new.... aur kitna khun peeyenge hamara....yeh... SORRY FOR MY ABUSIVE LANGUAGE..:confused_smile: [ModEdit: I'm tired of editing your posts yaar. .. chill]

The first thing on a morning of a game Rahul pulls a decision out of the hat I suppose i.e bat or bowl. He continues to win tosses but continues to blunder with the decision to bowl. I guess the team management has a toss and decide whether to bowl or bat. I can't quite understand why on a good batting strip and with two spinners in the side he continues to bowl first. Clearly the spinners are better off using the conditions bowling second. Either they don't care or lack confidence batting under overcast conditions. I'm tired of seeing him once every two games he opts to bowl irrespective of the conditions and the team make up. This game was still in the bag though. 280 on this pitch was quite chasable but the go slow approach in the power play and bad fielding cost India the game.

Terrible decision to bowl first he even made a risk with just placing top 6 batsmenand having 5 bowlers batting too we need allrounders btw just asking why isnt vvs laxman playing?
VVS Laxman in ODIs cannot field or run-between-wickets - easy runout. Also, cannot take singles, twos etc. He is a good Test batsman though.

Laxman = Ganguly for ODI's. Tendulkar needs to throw his bat around a little more, unless he has been instructed to stick around (I doubt he would have been with slow dad around) And hold on to your catches for crying out loud. So many EASY chances in the field ..

Dravid's logic, 1st Game - we only have 4 bowlers so we want our batsmen to take the responsibility and chase down the score. 2nd Game - oops I made a mistake last time around lemme rectify it. 3rd Game - umm, we have 5 bowlers and now we want to chase with one less batsmen because I want to use that 10mins of cloud cover. I haven't heard from the media for the mistake I made in the 1st game, I want them to focus on me and my captaincy. Oh yeah and I have 2 spinners - You DO NOT bowl first with two spinners :banghead:

While we can fret over RD's deczn and i agree it was totally WRONG deczn' date=' what if Eng had won the toss and batted? We MUST be able to chase 280 on this pitch - no excuses for that.[/quote'] Good point. 280 was not such a daunting target and India should have won but we know India isn't one of the better ODI teams.

Rahul Dravid, just prefers to choose an easy option, Imagine losing a match after setting England a target of less than 150, when the ball swings and seam off the pitch our batsmen are at their worst and therefore his fear stems from the fact that we will fold up in less than 35 overs and for less than 150