Kejriwal

King Tendulkar

I dont care what his motives(I personally think they are honourable) are. What he is doing is good and brave. Corruption is rampant in India and something big needs to be done. Only these dramas and exposes can make any change. Going through govt institiutions is hopelss as controlled by stinking politicians. I fully back the movement against corruption going on. Will it work and change India? I say NO. But no ham in giving it ago , rather then mainintaing the thieving staus quo.

His cause may be good but that won't matter if he's not able to achieve much from it. He's naive and arrogant and won't achieve much simply because he doesn't realize how the political system works in India. Right now he's making enemies left, right and center - be it Cong or BJP, he has (or will) targeted both and then he talks about contesting elections - what he doesn't realize is that nobody, and I mean literally nobody in the Cong or BJP will be ready to support any of his causes if he attacks both of them so vociferously and in Indian politics you cannot really bring about much change if you are enemies with both the major parties. He thinks that because thousands of people came to meetings (that too when Anna was present) and the media swooned over them, he can now achieve anything - agar yeh issi tarah se chalta raha toh aante daal ka bhaaw pata chal jaayega Lok Sabha 2014 mein.

His cause may be good but that won't matter if he's not able to achieve much from it. He's naive and arrogant and won't achieve much simply because he doesn't realize how the political system works in India. Right now he's making enemies left, right and center - be it Cong or BJP, he has (or will) targeted both and then he talks about contesting elections - what he doesn't realize is that nobody, and I mean literally nobody in the Cong or BJP will be ready to support any of his causes if he attacks both of them so vociferously and in Indian politics you cannot really bring about much change if you are enemies with both the major parties. He thinks that because thousands of people came to meetings (that too when Anna was present) and the media swooned over them, he can now achieve anything - agar yeh issi tarah se chalta raha toh aante daal ka bhaaw pata chal jaayega Lok Sabha 2014 mein.
What you want to act and behave like normal politician in the sysytem. Nothing wil change then. At least he is giving it a go.

In 50 years time will he be remebered him as a hopless dreamer and laugh at his futile attepmts to change corrupt India. Applauded for trying but sadly recognised as not being able to change the corruption staus quo as it was to ingrained. or Will he be remebered as someone who pushed and started the change against corruption and leading to in time a much less corrupt India. I pesonally done think indias ingrained corruption can be changed. But totally applaud his courage and attempt to initiate change

What you want to act and behave like normal politician in the sysytem. Nothing wil change then. At least he is giving it a go.
he cannot change politics unless he understands the political reality of India which is that you cannot be enemies with both major parties at the same time. Do you really think Anna would have achieved so much if the BJP (like Congress) would have also opposed Jan Lokpal Bill ?

In 50 years time will he be remebered him as a hopless dreamer and laugh at his futile attepmts to change corrupt India. Applauded for trying but sadly recognised as not being able to change the corruption staus quo as it was to ingrained. or Will he be remebered as someone who pushed and started the change against corruption and leading to in time a much less corrupt India. I pesonally done think indias ingrained corruption can be changed. But totally applaud his courage and attempt to initiate change
I dont know if people have seen Amitabh's movie "Main Azaad Hoon" ... Dies for almost nothing in the end

he cannot change politics unless he understands the political reality of India which is that you cannot be enemies with both major parties at the same time. Do you really think Anna would have achieved so much if the BJP (like Congress) would have also opposed Jan Lokpal Bill ?
All politicians are the enemy. He is trying to galvanise the people. The question is can they be galvanised? IMO no, as a lot are too uneducated to know what the hell he is going on about. And there are others who are to used to the corrupt system and see it as normal or who in small ways think they benefit from corruption. Plus many people are just to lethargic

The biggest problem is the second major party BJP is not at all looking like any opposition.It looks llike both parties are playing Ram lila in front of public and behind the scenes they are best friends.

Does not make sense - you just want another run of the mill politician or someone to suck up to the system. I think the army plus Kejriwal would make the best combination.

I keep dreaming about a 40 something, charismatic, noble but efficient, ruthless but benevolent politician comes out of nowhere (somewhat like that douche bag vP Singh), becomes a PM and takes India forward to its rightful place - not the #1 country in the world by GDP, but as a place where there is little corruption, everyone is treated fairly and people live in complete peace with each other. That is the India I would be proud to call as my motherland.

Does not make sense - you just want another run of the mill politician or someone to suck up to the system. I think the army plus Kejriwal would make the best combination.
I don't want that but the reality is that in order to change the system he (or anyone else for that matter) will compulsorily have to work with the players in the system and he won't be able to do that if he viewed as an enemy by the major parties. What all of you are saying (that Kiejriwal or someone else will come and attack ALL politicians in the country and then things will suddenly change) happens only in an ideal world not in reality.

I don't want that but the reality is that in order to change the system he (or anyone else for that matter) will compulsorily have to work with the players in the system and he won't be able to do that if he viewed as an enemy by the major parties. What all of you are saying (that Kiejriwal or someone else will come and attack ALL politicians in the country and then things will suddenly change) happens only in an ideal world not in reality.
Sorry but no revolution worked that way. Name one! You need to understand that we have passed the time for evolution - the system needs overhaul not tweaking. Too many people have kept thinking about the short term and things are ending up in the drain. Since, Indians are not bothered about where their tax etc. is going to; I don't think Indians require democracy. I don't think we deserve it.

Anybody who thought that Kejriwal can become a political alternative is absolutely naive person, too the extent of being foolish. He is doing a good job, my support to him, but to develop as political alternative takes years. All he is doing and will be doing is whistle blowing. That helps to bring awareness in public on corruption. But will not achieve more than that.

Sorry but no revolution worked that way. Name one! You need to understand that we have passed the time for evolution - the system needs overhaul not tweaking. Too many people have kept thinking about the short term and things are ending up in the drain. Since, Indians are not bothered about where their tax etc. is going to; I don't think Indians require democracy. I don't think we deserve it.
Good point abt benevolent dictatorship Its not always a bad thing,take the case of Oman for example(i grew up there),their present Sultan has bought great stability and prosperity to the region,free education for all,interest free loans,petrol allowance and what not.