10 month old abducted and grandmother murdered in King of Prussia (PA)

coffee_rules

He got married lavishly in April 2012, six months back, Wife is pregnant and takes this extreme measure to gain back gambling losses. I know a lot of people from AP who gamble like $3000 a night..but not like $40000. I think it is another epidemic among men. But there is no justification to harm a 10-month old which we take care of like cotton.

This news is so heart wrenching' date=' so what if he lost money in gambling...man up & deal with the situation..why destroy two lives.[/quote'] I know an Indian guy who had a collision with Lexus. It was his fault. He forgot to check mail about renewing his insurance. He had to pay $22,000 from his pocket. So he paid every month to them till it was completed. Sh** happens. You just have to whinge about it and move on.

This guy lost so much money on Gambling something like 40' date='000. To recover that he resorted to this horrific plan.[/quote'] So he was desperate and thought kidnapping was the easy way out. Little did he knew that he would kill two people on the act and that he would be infinitely worse off than before. Such a sad story all around.

I know a lot of people from AP are desperate to migrate to America. It's almost as if once you're there, you have made it big in your life. The dowry business is also big there, an American settled person can easily demand upwards of 2 crore as dowry, so that is like an added incentive.

I know a lot of people from AP are desperate to migrate to America. It's almost as if once you're there' date=' you have made it big in your life. The dowry business is also big there, an American settled person can easily demand upwards of 2 crore as dowry, so that is like an added incentive.[/quote'] You can't be serious? Btw, I thought asking for dowry was illegal/discouraged.

I know a lot of people from AP are desperate to migrate to America. It's almost as if once you're there' date=' you have made it big in your life. The dowry business is also big there, an American settled person can easily demand upwards of [b']2 crore as dowry, so that is like an added incentive.
Omg..... :nervous:

I know a lot of people from AP are desperate to migrate to America. It's almost as if once you're there' date=' you have made it big in your life. The dowry business is also big there, an American settled person can easily demand upwards of 2 crore as dowry, so that is like an added incentive.[/quote'] Dude, what do Andhra people have anything to do here? This was one monumental idiot acting in an unbelievably stupid manner. Who he is, or where he comes from, is irrelevant.

I know a lot of people from AP are desperate to migrate to America. It's almost as if once you're there' date=' you have made it big in your life. The dowry business is also big there, an American settled person can easily demand upwards of 2 crore as dowry, so that is like an added incentive.[/quote'] Can you tell me what this has to do with the Tragic incident that just happened? FYI the victims here were people from Andhra too....so what's your point... I know Dowry is a social evil which some idiots still practice but so is upto a lesser extent Regional stereotypes....I guess idiots exist there too....so go figure

The part about the killer being in gambling debt, where are you guys getting that from? Link please, preferably something other than that "Muchatlu" site.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/FBI-sleuths-looking-beyond-ransom-angle/articleshow/16985236.cms Now this a new take...TOI is not that far off from the Muchatlu site though
GUNTUR: With serious contradictions emerging from the statements of Raghu Yandamuri, the lone accused in the infant, Saanvi Venna's kidnap and murder case, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) sleuths further interrogated the accused after taking him into custody. Raghu was earlier produced in the district court in Bridgeport town in Philadelphia, US, on Friday evening (local time). While police claimed in the arrest report that Raghu resorted to the crime only for ransom, senior police officials are believed to have observed that further questioning of Raghu is required in order to bring out the real facts. On two grounds, the FBI is reportedly probing the case much deeper. One: Raghu, an IT professional, might not require kidnapping for ransom, which he knows is a big crime if caught. Two: He did not wait for the parents to turn up with the ransom and killed the child the same day. Before abducting the 10-month-old Saanvi from an apartment building in Upper Merion of Philadelphia, Raghu killed the grandmother of the child, Sarasawathamma last Monday. The five-day long mystery of Saanvi's kidnap ended on a tragic note when the police recovered the body of the child after arresting Raghunandan alias Raghu. Meanwhile, Raghu's confessional report raised many an eyebrow back home. "He would not have killed the infant so brutally had he really abducted the child for ransom," observed a retired investor B Ravindranath Tagore in Guntur. According to arrest report, the child bore knife injuries on the body. Although, the child would have died of suffocation as Raghu tucked a handkerchief to prevent the child from crying, his brutal attitude in making the cut injuries with knife had exposed his 'intentions,' said another police official. The FBI is said to be looking beyond the ransom angle as the accused played tricks with them, too, before the arrest. "There must be some strong reason for the act, not ransom," a police source said. According to sources, FBI sleuths gathered enough evidence to say that Raghu had killed the child only out of revenge against the mother of the child Latha. Sources said that Raghu and Latha were residents of Kandukur in Prakasam district in their childhood and continued their friendship even after reaching US as software professionals. Raghu is reported to have made a vain bid to convince Latha to marry him before the latter got engaged to Sivaprasada Reddy. Sources said that the parents of Latha are believed to have also opposed the alliance with Raghu on the grounds that he belonged to a different 'community.' Raghu reportedly shifted to Upper Merion from San Jose in California only to move close to Latha's family and take revenge. FBI claimed that a dissection of the ransom note proved crucial in cracking the mystery. Police said that nicknames used by the accused in the ransom note referred to short names of the parents of the child. The note said: "Shiva, your daughter has been kidnapped. If you report this to the cops [she] will be cut into pieces." The note demanded $50,000 and said the money had to be delivered at a nearby fast-food restaurant. Subsequently, Raghu demanded that "Latha should bring money to the location alone." Sources said that Raghu might have planned to eliminate Latha had she turned up with the money but killed the infant when the issue reached the police and Latha did not appear. Meanwhile, investigators said that baby's father told them that the middle names, Siva and Latha, are used only by close family and friends. Then, the investigators asked the couple to provide a list of people who "either used or were aware of the use of these nicknames." Raghu was on that list. Police said that Raghu feigned ignorance before the police when they first questioned him on Thursday. Curiously, Raghu had created a missing-child poster with two photographs of Saanvi and made about 200 copies, which he delivered to the family for distribution. He told the police that he had also attended the Wednesday night candlelight vigil to support the family. Raghu came out with the 'facts' during subsequent interrogation, claimed police. Raghu got married only last April and his wife is apparently expecting a child. Curiously, Raghu moved to US in 2007 almost the same time when Latha and Sivaprasad reached US.