Reading bid $1m for India's Fernandes

Sachin=GOD

Reading bid $1m for India's Fernandes Reading have made an offer of $1million to sign Brandon Fernandes - a midfielder born in Goa.

If the deal goes through it will mean the 19-year-old becomes the first Indian to sign for a Premier League club. Fernandes has spoken exclusively to ESPN STAR Sports and said moving to Reading would be a dream come true. "It is a great honour to have had a trial with Reading and [if a deal can be reached] I will be very happy to play for them. "I have been training with the club's under-21s which is a good experience. I think that if I want to move to England I need to match their players physically." Fernandes' future will be decided by ASD Cape Town - an independent South African football academy based in the country's second-largest city. And as negotiations with Reading continue, their target is currently training with Championship club Leicester City. "I have known about Leicester for a long time, particularly because of Gary Lineker. I have watched his goals for the club. "There are a lot of Indian supporters in the city of Leicester so if I came here [instead of Reading] I am sure I would get lots of encouragement from them." Leicester and Reading are not the first English teams to have been alerted to Fernandes' ability and potential - in 2008 he impressed scouts at a Manchester United Soccer Skills tournament. He has also played for his country at Under-17 and Under-19 level and describes himself as an attacking midfielder. Fernandes has football in his family - his father is a former executive committee member of the Goa Football Association and his younger brother is named Beckham Fernandes. Unlike Brandon though, Beckham - named after the former United and Real Madrid player - likes cricket instead of football.
http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item881705/Reading-bid-$1m-for-India's-Fernandes/