Micheal Clarke impressive as a captain.

putrevus

This guy is just awesome as a captain always thinking on winning the match.Last time in WI also he declared while trailing after first innings and went for the target and won the match. Even yesterday even though the match was drawn, the intent shown by Clarke trying to win the match was very impressive.His bowlers are not Warne and Mcgrath but him showing confidence in them will do world of good for them in the long run. This is so unlike our captain who despite having more than 500 runs lead refused to declare in NZ and again in WI never went for the target.

This guy is just awesome as a captain always thinking on winning the match.Last time in WI also he declared while trailing after first innings and went for the target and won the match. Even yesterday even though the match was drawn, the intent shown by Clarke trying to win the match was very impressive.His bowlers are not Warne and Mcgrath but him showing confidence in them will do world of good for them in the long run. This is so unlike our captain who despite having more than 500 runs lead refused to declare in NZ and again in WI never went for the target.
Totally agree and morese the way he has stepped us his batting since he became captain is noteworthy. As fo rthe last part, I would say he is an exception to the norm these days. Most other captains, albeit the succesful one's, are defensive. You can see Smith, Strauss, Dhoni or even Ponting to an extent, they have always looked to ensure safety first and then think of win.

People in Australia are criticizing his approach of delaying the declaration!

Darren Lehmann, who rates Clarke so highly that he once offered to give up his place in the Test team to him, said the Australian captain could have loosened South Africa's grip on the No. 1 ranking by declaring behind on Monday to push for a result.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/declaration-query-after-draw-20121113-29ahy.html?skin=text-only Also, we need to wait for some more time before passing judgement on Clarke's captaincy. The same Dhon,i who is being criticized for being defensive, was hailed as a positive captain in the first 12-15 months of his test captaincy.
People in Australia are criticizing his approach of delaying the declaration! http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/declaration-query-after-draw-20121113-29ahy.html?skin=text-only Also, we need to wait for some more time before passing judgement on Clarke's captaincy. The same Dhon,i who is being criticized for being defensive, was hailed as a positive captain in the first 12-15 months of his test captaincy.
That I think and also as Dravid pointed out, is a result of the attack at your disposal.
People in Australia are criticizing his approach of delaying the declaration! http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/declaration-query-after-draw-20121113-29ahy.html?skin=text-only Also, we need to wait for some more time before passing judgement on Clarke's captaincy. The same Dhon,i who is being criticized for being defensive, was hailed as a positive captain in the first 12-15 months of his test captaincy.
Correction there. You were backing him as a great tactical captain while I was one of those critiquing his defensive mindset. I am glad you came around. Clarke has been very good so far.

Bumping this thread makes perfect sense. So, they dominated last two games. Should have won the last. Batted brilliant, made a great declaration, but was a bowler short due to injury. Came here, losing two of his front line bowlers for this test and all of a sudden he is a bad captain. Tell you what, even if fails half of 8-0, we can talk about resources and captaincy.

Bumping this thread makes perfect sense. So, they dominated last two games. Should have won the last. Batted brilliant, made a great declaration, but was a bowler short due to injury. Came here, losing two of his front line bowlers for this test and all of a sudden he is a bad captain. Tell you what, even if fails half of 8-0, we can talk about resources and captaincy.
He won't have 6 out of form batsmen and 4 out of form bowlers in the team though.
And just an innings ago , with an assembled bowling attack he bowled them out for 225.
I very much doubt Dhoni is the mark to compare for attacking captaincy though. And none of those things u listed as happened in last 2 tests are excuse for his poor captaincy in this test when the going got tough.

He won many Indian fans over, and they would have forgotten also by now, when we last toured Australia and got smacked 4-0. He declared and I am sure he would have gotten 400 in that game. He declared early to win the game. He still had enough time to score a 400 and break Lara's record. He was in brilliant form. It was just hard to get him out. He gained lot of respect from me when he declared early and didn't look at Lara's record.