Ain't Over Yet

Ladiez and Gentelmen, Ravi has taken the time to create a thread so I decided to do the same. Yes Ravi, we have not been performing to the best of our abilities. Yes, we have made a meal of the fielding in the series. But it's not over till it's over. India is going to win this series 4-3. It will require them to dig deep, believe in themselves, and play some good strong cricket. We need to fight all the way. And I have full confidence in them. 213 on this wicket is a very gettable score. But look how we fought. Agarkar was bowling superbly as was Khan and Powar was terrific. Let's focus on how to win these games now. First thing, we are a batsmen too short. It's time to play Uthappa for two reasons. Superb in the field and gives the ball a whack. We kill one bird with two stones here. My preferred lineup: Sachin Tendulkar Saurav Ganguly Robin Uthhapa Yuvraj Singh Rahul Dravid Mahendra Singh Dhoni Dinesh Kartik Ajit Agarkar Ramesh Powar Piyush Chawla Zaheer Khan that looks a lot more solid. Anyone have any more suggestions?

today i am heartbroken.. yet again i have to say i am proud of myself that i still believe that this team can still win this series.. INDIAN 4 LIFE come on India.. LETZ MAKE IT HAPPEN IN BLOODY 07
I had meetings whole day today and I never went for one moment to see the score Came home fwded and when they were seven down..I was on top of the world Heart really sank..
I had meetings whole day today and I never went for one moment to see the score Came home fwded and when they were seven down..I was on top of the world Heart really sank..
that suckz.. i can imagine the friggin moment or thing going on in onez mind that hez forwarding and forwarding but freakin number of wickets are still 7.. i want to forget this game... it was annoying to see broad bat that long.. and fyi, perhapz Dhoni forgot to appeal for one stumping.. it was out... bopara was the batsman

Are just 4 regular bowlers enough? Won't the opposition take advantage of the extra 10 overs from part-timers? But then 6 batsmen aren't enough either, especially when Karthik is unable to contribute and Dhoni is finding it extremely tough!! On top of all that, 13 wides and a no-ball while defending a low score of just 213 isn't good at all. Had those 14 runs and 14 extra deliveries not been given, anything could have happened!! But at this moment, it is the England team which looks much strogrer and much more balanced than the Indian team.

I like your enthusiasm and hope India does win the next 3 ODIs. Irrespective of the result in the ODI series the selectors really need to take a long and hard look at the team composition. Dropping a player and bringing another is only a temporary fix that may or may not work. This team looks pretty jaded and down most of the times. I guess it is time for them to enjoy the sport a little bit and not worry about the results. Most looked thunder struck and disinterested when Broad and Ravi Bopara started to bat really well. There were hardly anyone that was cheering the team. This unit doesn't seem to be enjoying the ODI cricket at the moment. They need to be told to just go out there and enjoy a bit of batting, bowling and of course fielding. I don't know why they appear under pressure when they have won the historical test series' on this tour.

that suckz.. i can imagine the friggin moment or thing going on in onez mind that hez forwarding and forwarding but freakin number of wickets are still 7.. i want to forget this game... it was annoying to see broad bat that long.. and fyi, perhapz Dhoni forgot to appeal for one stumping.. it was out... bopara was the batsman
True,....ticks.. If it were for that one or that LBW, we have gotten them both. So the match was virtually ours... Feel proud we did fantastic job.
isnt strange... they lack the very basic things in cricket? tht guys playing international level cricket lack this basic cricketing sense.. its an irony... :sad_smile:
I don't know why they appear under pressure when they have won the historical test series' on this tour.
Fo cryin out loud, ODI and Tests should be treated the same, just because we win one Test series, it doesn't mean we forget about the ODI's. We should be under pressure and diservedley right, England have played much better cricket the whole series, on paper we definatley look a better team but in the middle we look like a rubbish third class team. Just because we win a Historic Test series doesn't mean we should be over confident and it doesn't matter if we loose this seires. Of course the Test series was a brillaint win, but we need to forget about that and concentrate on the ODI series. If we win this ODI series, you would be over the moon, if we loose this ODI series, which looks iminant we can't just say oh it doesn't matter because we won the Test Series. If we loose this ODI series we will be beaten by a team ranked three place below us a team that lost to Sri Lanka 5-0, even West Indies beat them and we look like a team that Bangladesh can beat, we have looked like a pathetic team that can't play ODI's. In the 4th ODI, there was glimses of an Indian fight back but we through it away wasting a brilliant oppurtunity. Apart from this ODI, all of the rest even Bristol have been one sided, at Bristol England came within touching distance of our score. I believe ODI's and Test should be treatd the same but with you Ravi you seem fixated that this ODI series doesn't matter because we won the Test Series. We should try our utter hardest to win these ODI's and if we don't win we should feel upset.