Chappell Should be Sacked...

talksport

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... As much as i would like to blame this on Chappel..i can't...most outs today were due to batsmen mistakes......it seems that Indians players have forgotten how to play anything with pace, that moves, and is short. Apart from Tendulkar and Dravid nobody seemed to play....I don't know what Chappel can do about this....we are always talking about getting a bowling coach, now it seems as if we need a batting coach. One thing i didn't like about him today was that he was reading a novel....what the fack...shouldn't he be taking notes or something.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... Its not the easiet pitch to start your tour.. I remember few years back even SA struggle in Durban..remember that Prasad spell...they were coming back from long Indian tour and even though home they struggled big time. Our team should have arrived 15 days before the first game and played few more practice games..

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... here is to the one who missed veeru and yuvi.... Sehwag instead of jaffer - Polly bowls the same incutter... Jaffer inside edges on to stumps... Sehwag bowled through the gate... Yuvi instead of Mongia - harmless deivery angling away outside off... Yuvi with his flourishing backlift goes for the full-blooded cover drive which makes him look like a hero.... edge, second slip, smithy and nel are seen rejoicing.... Score 60/5...

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... I have to admit, i am becoming more and more annoyed with Chappell and Dravid. Ultimately, it's the team's performance on the field which counts no matter what the coaching staff do in the nets. Fair enough, but don't you guys expect BETTER from these people ? They have been in charge for well over a year - the period of acclimitization is long gone. They should now know what this team is capable of and what is expected of them. As things stand right now - India are no better than they were when John Wright left. This current Indian outfit looks just as bad as the team which lost more than half the matches it played during the horrendous 04/05 season. There hasn't been any improvement at all, just a few new faces. What gets to me most are all these empty promises they have been making - giving the impression that situation is under control. What bullsh*t. After the losses in WI and in Malaysia, they talked about how slow pitches are difficult to play strokes on. We believed them. They promised that they would come good on the pitches at home, citing their previous series wins. We believed them. After the early CT exit - they began talking about how they would be able to adapt to the bounce and claimed that strokeplay would be much easier when the ball comes on. We believed them. and just like on all those occasions, they are failing. So Mr. Dravid, Dr. Chappell - what kind of pitches CAN the Indian team play on ? Slow pitches, Indian pitches, fast and bouncy pitches - the results have ALWAYS been the same !!! Processes are all well and good, but can someone please explain to a layman like me how losing match after match, tournament after tournament - can actually prepare a team set to go after the World Cup. IMO, it does jacksh*t for morale. Results are what matter - even one or two good wins give the team a glimmer of hope and provide them with the reassurance that they can do better. However, in the new season, all India have won are two ODIs against WI and England. Where is that glimmer of hope, that silver lining ? This team is now beginning to latch onto memories from 3 years ago, because they can't point to a successful history of their own. After all - in order to recollect history, you need to write it first ! and this is the team which they say can win the World Cup. What a sad state of affairs. I'll just join them in grabbing hold of memories from the Ganguly era and hope that this defeat forces them to wake up in the way they did after losing to Australia in the group stage of the '03 WC.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... chappell thinks hes to smart. he needs to go back and coach a club team in Australia. dropping class players like Laxman, Ganguly and recruiting players like Raina Kaif Mongia Sreesanth, good for nothing. Emphasizes on fielding more than batting, what type of coach does that? is this cricket where batting matters more, or is this catching a fresbeee.....god damn man

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... I think Predator has hit the nail in the head. India has not produced decent results on slow tracks, fast and bouncy tracks or even ones that assist spinners. The only two batters that are good enough to be playing international cricket is Tendulkar and Rahul. The rest are just there on the laurels of their past. Unfortunately these guys can't be dropped either as the world cup is so near and you have to go with experience. Lest they could bring in Laxman, Ganguly and Gambhir perhaps??? As for Chappell, I don't care if he is there or not. The coaches are anyway far too overrated and it is up to the players to work on their game. I don't like to react this soon as it is quite a known fact South Africa is far too good for India in ODIs. All I want is the rest of the guys chip in with whatever they can. Even 20s and 30s from guys like Jaffer, Raina, Mongia will help in the end but they aren't even good enough to get to double figures. I am hoping these guys will win atleast one ODI if not 2.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... Perfect one day and Test Team for India One day: 1.Sachin Tendulkar 2.Virender Sehwag 3.VVS Laxman 4.Yuvraj Singh 5.Rahul Dravid 6.Sourav Ganguly 7.Mahendra Singh Dhoni 8.Irfan Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Anil Kumble Test Team 1. Virender Sehwag 2. Wasim Jaffer 3. VVS Laxman 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Rahul Dravid 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. Mahendra Singh Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Zaheer Khan 10. Anil Kumble 11. Harbhajan Singh -Thats a solid one day batting line up, as well as good seamers and a matchwinning leg spin bowler.This team would win India a world cup, or based on the current form of India, a single game .I hate this experimental shit done by coach chappell. Hes seriously responsible for messing up Irfan Pathans progression, also responsible for ruinin Laxman and Gangulys career. Prolonging Kaifs career, Rejuvenating Dinesh Mongias hopeless career, bringing in Sreesanth who is a schoolboy bowler, sticking with Raina even if there are other more talented cricketers in the country. -As far as the test team is concern. Laxmans place shouldnt be a concern, hes probably one of top knotch performers in world cricket at number 3. For now Yuvraj and Kaif can battle for the extra spot. Jaffer cans stick as an opener he has a good technique and can score in large numbers, but he is certainly not a one day player, so selectors shouldnt even try experiements. Kumble and Harbhajan should be in the team and bowl in tandem, they are a deadly combo when in form. Dhonis place can also be doubted, since Dinesh Karthik in my opinion is a better wicketkeeper, from a keepers standpoint even though Dhonis impact will always be more. Selectors would probably never read this since they are the most brilliant individuals, since they are not regionally biased. By the way Im being sarcastic Selectors plus Chappell: Demolishers of Indian Cricket