Fallow Season for Foes

Dhondy

There's this fellow I know from another age and another time. Lives in Liverpool, supports Pakistan, drops in at Rusholme at Manchester for the occasional Balti meal, and moderates a pretty large Pakistani fan site. A perfectly decent chap, to all appearances, until it comes to India, and specifically Indian cricket. There was this pregnant silence after India's recent series triumph while he weighed up his words. What was he thinking of? Measuring up his own heartburn with an acid meter? Trying to figure out ways of making 0-3, the fate his team suffered last time around in Blighty, appear more lustrous than the 1-0 triumph of his avowed foes, perhaps? Was his tormented soul swamped by reminiscences of the indignities suffered by his team at the hands of a portly umpire and a hostile English press, seizing gleefully upon the tainted reputations of the visitors from east of the Durand line, dragging them through mud thicker than Glastonbury on a last rain soaked day? I didn't have to wait long. "The English players thought Zaheer cheated". The whine was loud and clear, banshee like, very shrill and very angry. Yup, he had never seen the ball swing like this in his many years as a cricket vouyer. How dare the distinctly ordinary Zaheer draw comparisons with the two great Ws? Indeed, for the more discerning, it was clear as the Multani muck that the jelly beans had in fact been a signal to Zaheer from the affronted English batsmen that they were on to him. No shyte, Sherlock! Really! Didn't know the Rusholme kebabs imparted clairvoyance! He waited, our friend from Merseyside, and smarted. Couple of ODIs in, as India were handed some lessons by this underrated English side, he pounced again. This time his target was diminutive Dinesh Kartick. "Little man, big mouth", screamed Lothario on his rather green site. Oooh, the wounded fury! Our friend had taken umbrage to the 5'5" (in his estimate) Kartick sledging the giant Pietersen. Surely, an impoverished Indian like that had no right to berate an Englishman, who his better endowed, meat-eating compatriot had heckled, wings flapping in an imitation of a cross between an overgrown chicken and his more familiar semblance of a toad, a year earlier after dismissing him with one of his slower ones? Dearie me! But the final insult was yet to come. Mod saab is positively seething inside this morning as Shane Warne has picked out the much loathed Sachin Tendulkar as the greatest cricketer he has ever pitted his considerable skills against in a career spanning a decade and half. Oh, the ignominy, the frightful humilation of it all! Waqar at number 45, Inzy nowhere to be seen, and here was this underserving pipsqueak earning the highest accolade of all from a legend! Life was just not worth living anymore, shurely? Don't choke on that sherbet tonight, dost!

There's this fellow I know from another age and another time. Lives in Liverpool, supports Pakistan, drops in to Rusholme at Manchester for the occasional Balti meal, and moderates a pretty large Pakistani fan site. A perfectly decent chap, to all appearances, until it comes to India, and specifically Indian cricket. There was this pregnant silence after India's recent series triumph while he weighed up his words. What was he thinking of? Measuring up his own heartburn with an acid meter? Trying to figure out ways of making 0-3, the fate his team suffered last time around in Blighty, appear more lustrous than the 1-0 triumph of his avowed foes, perhaps? Was his tormented soul swamped by reminiscences of the indignities suffered by his team at the hands of a portly umpire and a hostile English press, seizing gleefully upon the tainted reputations of the visitors from east of the Durand line, dragging them through mud thicker than Glastonbury on a last rain soaked day? I didn't have to wait long. "The English players thought Zaheer cheated". The whine was loud and clear, banshee like, very shrill and very angry. Yup, he had never seen the ball swing like this in his many years as a cricket vouyer. How dare the distinctly ordinary Zaheer draw comparisons with the two great Ws? Indeed, for the more discerning, it was clear as the Multani muck that the jelly beans had in fact been a signal to Zaheer from the affronted English batsmeen that they were on to him. No shyte, Sherlock! Really! Didn't know the Rusholme kebabs imparted clairvoyance! He waited, our friend from Merseyside, and smarted. Couple of ODIs in, as India were handed some lessons by this underrated English side, he pounced again. This time his target was diminutive Dinesh Kartick. "Little man, big mouth", screamed Lothario on his rather green site. Oooh, the wounded fury! Our friend had taken umbrage to the 5'5" (in his estimate) Kartick sledging the giant Pietersen. Surely, an impoversished Indian like that had no right to berate an Englishman, who his better endowed, meat-eating compatriot had heckled as a chicken a year earlier after dismissing him with one of his slower ones? Dearie me! But the final insult was yet to come. Mod saab is positively seething inside this morning as Shane Warne has picked out the much loathed Sachin Tendulkar as the greatest cricketer he has ever pitted his considerable skills against in a career spanning a decade and half. Oh, the ignominy, the frightful humilation of it all! Waqar at number 45, Inzy nowhere to be seen, and here was this underserving pipsqueak earning the highest accolade of all from a legend! Life was just not worth living anymore, shurely? Don't choke on that sherbet tonight, dost!
u know when i was reading your post.. i wanted to reply immdtly did he also whined about kartik's sledging.. u havd added tht up also..:D well i tot exactly the same.. what a shamless charcter this one is..! neway im enjoyin his immaturish thoughts.. have u heard of onida's tag line... ps unfortunately i know this person.. hecknot personally.. lol
There's this fellow I know from another age and another time. Lives in Liverpool, supports Pakistan, drops in to Rusholme at Manchester for the occasional Balti meal, and moderates a pretty large Pakistani fan site.
does this certain guy go by the nick name of saj on pp:D