Bring back VVS for one days.

Rohan495

Ive said this a million times on this website. But its time selectors bring back VVS and put him into the number 3 spot. The selectors have tried nothing but useless players such as Karthik, Gambhir, etc. Why not try VVS he ran well in the test matches took some great catches scored runs an average of 51 in the test matches and is continuing to play well in the English Pro 40 overs cricket, scored 86 from 85, and 50 from 49, time to give him another look in. I don't see a reason why not too, quite frequently the middle order crumbles why not give a chance to experienced middle order batsmen who has shown signs of greatness. Its amazing too see that even when India played South Africa in the one days, and also couple of commentators from england have said that he should be in the squad but no indian thinks so. Clearly some conspiracy behind it.

o so u r back loll. . laxman a classic, fantastic player, deserves his place in test.. but for ODI, well depends.. we can try.. hez not a bad bat.. one of my all time fav cricketer... he has scored centuries in the past.... but well time will decide.. chances of him playing for INdia in odi are bleak..

Laxman is a class player....but that doesnot mean India needs to prove that by including him ODIs, 20-20 and all future distortions of Test Cricket. Anyone scoring quick runs fits in ODIs -- it's simple- technique and class are not essential as long as you can score few runs and field.

Kumble made it to the WC squad at age 36, giving Laxman a try wouldnt hurt especially since one day series against Pakistan and Australia are coming up who knows how deadly Laxman can be at number 3 if inconsistent gambhir who i have seen score runs against weak oppositions and Karthik who is inexperienced are not getting the job done why not VVS who is a proven performer and performs big in big matches dont forget the 102 he scored against Pakistan in lahore which sealed the series and brought back india to prominence. Seeing he is playing well in English Conditions and scoring quickly and taking catches and bowling some useful offspin shows that he is clearly fit and as fit as ever. Give him a chance

He is a crappy ODI batsman in every sense. Cant run fast ' date=' cant rotate strike ,cant go over the top. Truly useless.[/quote'] cant rotate strike? your just gonna have to watch more of Laxman. Seems like you dont really watch him play that much, The reason why he has been running like that was because he was tormented by his kneww surgery but based on his performance in England seems like the old Laxman is coming back.
cant rotate strike? your just gonna have to watch more of Laxman. Seems like you dont really watch him play that much' date=' The reason why he has been running like that was because he was tormented by his kneww surgery but based on his performance in England seems like the old Laxman is coming back.[/quote'] I have seen enough of Laxman to know that at his best in 2001-2002 , he never could cement a place in the one day team. Are you trying to tell me that in 2007 , when his test place itself is under a massive threat from Yuvraj Singh , he is going to make a comeback into the One day team ? He wasnt in the in the one day even for the 2003 world cup. That kinda nails the argument actually. The Indian cricket team think tank does NOT consider Laxman as an one day prospect at all.