Were the Gangulians wrong for criticizing Chappel's hard working methods?

coverpoint

They kept complaining about Chappel giving so much importance to fielding. Today our fielding is worse than it has been in a long long time. More worrying though is that even the earlier safe bowlers are now dropping catches (Agarkar, SRT) or misfielding (Agarkar, Gambhir). Were the Gangulians totally selfish and desh drohi's for attacking chappel for making the team work hard and focus so much on fielding? Do we need kho kho types of exercises to ensure that our team is flexible and agile on the field?

Guest dada_rocks

what the fcuk has gangulian got to do with fielding drills.. pata hai tum logon koi gangulitis ho gaya haia .. kuchh bhi ho usemein ganguly barabarane lagte ho..

Couldn't find too many faults today, India won(not at this moment yet, but surely will), pensioners batted well, one of them even bowled well. The only mistake they made was in catching, so let's go for it with the sweet name of guruji. Well done :two_thumbs_up:

what the fcuk has gangulian got to do with fielding drills.. pata hai tum logon koi gangulitis ho gaya haia .. kuchh bhi ho usemein ganguly barabarane lagte ho..
The Gangulians were the loudest critics of Chappel for anything and everything. becuase their son of soil was out of the team, they were just finding any/every excuse to attack Chappel/Dravid/More. They were the loudest group to criticize Chappel for doing the tough fielding drills. They yelled about the military training that the team went through in training camp in bangalore. They whined about how tired the team was from the workouts that Chappel was making them go through, It was the gangulians who (being the desh drohi's they are) started looking for any/all reasons to attack. Be it blaming GC for Yuvraj's busted knee to creating conspiracy theories about everything and anything. What do the gangulians say now?
It would have been better, if thread starter has opened a thread questioning role of Robin Singh as a fielding coach. Sadly some people can't get rid of their lynch-phobia.
I find it hard to criticize a person who has no powers at all. Its not as if SG or SRT are going to listen to Robin. SG had said India doesnt need a coach. He got what he wanted. We have no coach (no bowling, batting or fielding coach). SG wanted to sit and eat rasgullahs and he has been doing that. No one can question him or make him work anymore
I find it hard to criticize a person who has no powers at all. Its not as if SG or SRT are going to listen to Robin. SG had said India doesnt need a coach. He got what he wanted. We have no coach (no bowling, batting or fielding coach). SG wanted to sit and eat rasgullahs and he has been doing that. No one can question him or make him work anymore
welll as per ur argument.. there r only 2 persons. but ina team there r 9others.. if robin singh cant coach the other 9.. then y the fuk hes there as a coach.. he shud resign......
welll as per ur argument.. there r only 2 persons. but ina team there r 9others.. if robin singh cant coach the other 9.. then y the fuk hes there as a coach.. he shud resign......
The two set the standards for the others. What credibility would Robin have? I agree he should resign! But my question was for all the critics. Does India need a tougher (Chappelesque) coach who can drive these buggers harder?
They kept complaining about Chappel giving so much importance to fielding. Today our fielding is worse than it has been in a long long time. More worrying though is that even the earlier safe bowlers are now dropping catches (Agarkar, SRT) or misfielding (Agarkar, Gambhir). Were the Gangulians totally selfish and desh drohi's for attacking chappel for making the team work hard and focus so much on fielding? Do we need kho kho types of exercises to ensure that our team is flexible and agile on the field?
Define they please? Are you joining this after travelling numerous others who kept undermining his efforts? Are you bitter like those Kolkata fans Are you trying to prove a point here? if yes? what is it

Water doesnt come properly in my kitchen tap. I blame Chappell solely for all this. If he had managed to win the world cup in West Indies , the Tamil Nadu govt would have allocate a house for Karthik in my locality and if his family had moved in there , the municipal authorities would have made extra preparations to make sure everything works. I am going to file a case against Chappell for denying of one of the most basic human necessities - Water

Define they please? Are you joining this after travelling numerous others who kept undermining his efforts? Are you bitter like those Kolkata fans Are you trying to prove a point here? if yes? what is it
'They' refers to the set of people who ignored all facts and solely blamed GC (and Dravid and More) for all ills that befell SG and kept picking on everything done by GC. Kept complaining about GC's insistence on good fielders. Questions were asked about the value of fielding and what real value it provided. Blamed GC for Yuvraj's injury because GC was being inventive with the fielding and agility drills. Now that we have made a full circle... our fielding is worse than a second division Chicago team.... I just want to hear their views. Those are the 'THEY'
'They' refers to the set of people who ignored all facts and solely blamed GC (and Dravid and More) for all ills that befell SG and kept picking on everything done by GC. Kept complaining about GC's insistence on good fielders. Questions were asked about the value of fielding and what real value it provided. Blamed GC for Yuvraj's injury because GC was being inventive with the fielding and agility drills. Now that we have made a full circle... our fielding is worse than a second division Chicago team.... I just want to hear their views. Those are the 'THEY'
So, you are saying that those people are here? I am just confused about the overall generalization here, you obviously read some posts in some other sites and blogs and assumed we had the same set of thinkers here; and your ultimately looking for justification. Fine, but boy whats the point now..forget it yaar
So, you are saying that those people are here? I am just confused about the overall generalization here, you obviously read some posts in some other sites and blogs and assumed we had the same set of thinkers here; and your ultimately looking for justification. Fine, but boy whats the point now..forget it yaar
Dekho bhai, Kalkatta ho ya Kaali-fornia.... Mumbai ho Ya minneapolis... Desi to desi hi hote hain. Yeh site ho ya koi aur .... Gangulian to Gangulian hi hote hain. Always irrational :)

you know i just dont get it... from the day i ever started playing cricket... the first thing that came to my mind was fielding. Get that thing down. So what if i cant bat, or i cant bowl, atleast when i play in the neighborhood garden, i am a safe pair of hands. i find it astonishing at how ridiculous our fielding has been this season. unlike the aussies who might not need a coach, but realize that fielding is just as much an asset as good bowling and bating; our team seems to have turned its back to the one skill all 11 players are being continuously scrutinized upon when on the field. i hate to say this, but we are slowly becoming the Pakistani team of the 1990s. That team could not stop a sponge ball even it was rolling on the ground, and relied almost entirely on their mindless batsmen smashing bowlers or their speedster bowling out the opposition. no wonder that even at their zenith, they were far from undisputed champions.

you know i just dont get it... from the day i ever started playing cricket... the first thing that came to my mind was fielding. Get that thing down. So what if i cant bat, or i cant bowl, atleast when i play in the neighborhood garden, i am a safe pair of hands. i find it astonishing at how ridiculous our fielding has been this season. unlike the aussies who might not need a coach, but realize that fielding is just as much an asset as good bowling and bating; our team seems to have turned its back to the one skill all 11 players are being continuously scrutinized upon when on the field. i hate to say this, but we are slowly becoming the Pakistani team of the 1990s. That team could not stop a sponge ball even it was rolling on the ground, and relied almost entirely on their mindless batsmen smashing bowlers or their speedster bowling out the opposition. no wonder that even at their zenith, they were far from undisputed champions.
Very well said. Funny thing is that even at our level (division II recreational league here in the US) when selecting the team we look at fielding. We spend time practicing fielding. I said this on another post but current India team's fielding is worse than what you see even at our level!!! The catch dropped by SG and Agarkar today would be taken even at our level 9 out of 10 times and the time it would be dropped would get a great yelling from the captain. These guys are supposed to be internationals!