C'mon no more bashing today, let's enjoy the victory

India is not the best ODI side, have a lot of problems, but still can squeeze out a series win if they play well. Let's enjoy the moment. No Tendulkar or Ganguly bashing today. Both played well. Tendu was great. And what do you expect Gangs to do.....just play a support role which he did and bowled well too.....deserved MOM. Chak de India!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

I'll still stick my neck out and say that Ganguly should run better when batting. He is selling the partnership about 10 - 15 runs short by missing out 2s and 3s. He should also concentrate on trying to find singles, as opposed to trying to hit out alone when scoring. This team cannot crack the likes of Aus/SA/SL /NZ and probably even Pak/WI over a 5 match series unless they improve their fielding significantly, find an all-rounder, and get someone like an in-form Sehwag back.

We won and GSLV launch was successful today:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: !!!!!
Right....two great news....a great day for India. The last time our GSLV launch was failure....same like last match...we came out with flying colors in both fronts....:yay: Congrats to Dravid and G. Madhvan nair (ISRO Chairman) Three cheers!!:two_thumbs_up:

Hey Hey Hey - I never mentioned the other names. And, if you reread post 3; you will notice I didnt ask for anyone to be dropped, but suggested that their backsides be gently warmed... Did you watch the score at about the 5th over: SCG was 4 off 21 balls, and SRT 2 off 9 balls. That is just before SRT hit Lewis for 18 in the over. It was identical (ish) in Edgbaston - SRT then tried to hit Anderson, and got out attempting the second four in the over. It might have happened today too! SCG should improve Bheem - our recent wins are hiding a major inadequacy in our top order

it was perhapz the jon lewis magical first spell which sparked the begining of the two greats SRT and Ganguly in todayz game.. that 6th over from jon lews was just amazing.. we wer like 9 runs or something and it was just one over tendulkar hit 4 boundaries and showed way to ganguly too how to bat.. next over gang took anderson apart with 2 boundaries.. and then Indians were on their way to big score.. Seniorz day today... with young Yuvi firing up in the end..

I'll still stick my neck out and say that Ganguly should run better when batting. He is selling the partnership about 10 - 15 runs short by missing out 2s and 3s. He should also concentrate on trying to find singles, as opposed to trying to hit out alone when scoring. This team cannot crack the likes of Aus/SA/SL /NZ and probably even Pak/WI over a 5 match series unless they improve their fielding significantly, find an all-rounder, and get someone like an in-form Sehwag back.
I don't care how Ganguly bats and niether should anyone else. Why ? Because Tendulkar and Ganguly have formed a very stable opening partnership. They both are capable of scoring 50+ in every other match - that is the kind of consistency the Indian batting lineup desperately lacked when Sehwag played. Since Ganguly's return, India have amassed over 300 in an innings 6 times (by memory, correct me if i am wrong) - so his presence at the top of the order hasn't exactly held back the rest of the team. People seem to have short memories - those clamouring for Sehwag's return seem to have forgotten how pathetic he was last season. Almost everyone on this forum was calling for his head and rightfully so. The guy couldn't even get past 20 and generally, double figures were a cause for celebration. What makes you think that he will start scoring 50's in every other match once he returns to the Indian side ? He has never been a great ODI opener and never will be one. Now if Gambhir starts playing some decent innings like today's more consistently, then the Indian team can contemplate the prospect of fielding an XI without Ganguly. Until then, he stays
I don't care how Ganguly bats and niether should anyone else. Why ? Because Tendulkar and Ganguly have formed a very stable opening partnership. They both are capable of scoring 50+ in every other match - that is the kind of consistency the Indian batting lineup desperately lacked when Sehwag played. Since Ganguly's return, India have amassed over 300 in an innings 6 times (by memory, correct me if i am wrong) - so his presence at the top of the order hasn't exactly held back the rest of the team. People seem to have short memories - those clamouring for Sehwag's return seem to have forgotten how pathetic he was last season. Almost everyone on this forum was calling for his head and rightfully so. The guy couldn't even get past 20 and generally, double figures were a cause for celebration. What makes you think that he will start scoring 50's in every other match once he returns to the Indian side ? He has never been a great ODI opener and never will be one. Now if Gambhir starts playing some decent innings like today's more consistently, then the Indian team can contemplate the prospect of fielding an XI without Ganguly. Until then, he stays
Excellent post. As it has been shown statistically , since Ganguly's return to Indian side , we have actually performed better both interms of Ave score and RR. He is a stable influence at the top. We need him , atleast for now.
Excellent post. As it has been shown statistically , since Ganguly's return to Indian side , we have actually performed better both interms of Ave score and RR. He is a stable influence at the top. We need him , atleast for now.
The irony here is , the very posters who used to clamor for Laxman to be dropped from ODI (mind you after having a decent S/R of eightyish and decent average at No 3 ) don't want to extend the same courtesy to Ganguly who is batting in the 70 S/R in the opening slot . I am not saying VVS should be included, far from it he was rightly dropped , the idea that Ganguly is playing well and should be in ODI squad is baffling to say the least. He has been the slowest batsmen in terms of S/R ever since his return consistently. He is a sheet anchor that's about it not some dashing stroke player as some would like us to believe. As regards to test cricket , I would still support his place in the squad and probably ahead of Laxman in the pecking order right now.
Gentlemen: I am not asking for Ganguly to be dropped now. I am as cognizant, if not more, that potential replacements could be worse. All I am saying is that he is still playing 20th century cricket - while his peers such as SRT and RD have moved on.
Yes Obs, point noted. But seeing him bat today , i just get the impression he is now a hit-or-miss kinda batsman. If he connects , it goes. If it doesnt , too bad. That is how he seems to bat. Totally lost the skill of rotating the strike in the opening overs. But Ganguly has NEVER been a singles guy in the fielding restriction overs. Even at his peak , he was a boundaries man in the first 15. But the difference between then and now is - between 1999 and 2002 , he paced his innings brilliantly. He was a master at milking the bowling in the middle overs. He has lost that skill totally now.
The irony here is ' date=' the very posters who used to clamor for Laxman to be dropped from ODI (mind you after having a decent S/R of eightyish and decent average at No 3 ) don't want to extend the same courtesy to Ganguly who is batting in the 70 S/R in the opening slot . I am not saying VVS should be included, far from it he was rightly dropped , the idea that Ganguly is playing well and should be in ODI squad is baffling to say the least. He has been the slowest batsmen in terms of S/R ever since his return consistently. He is a sheet anchor that's about it not some dashing stroke player as some would like us to believe. As regards to test cricket , I would still support his place in the squad and probably ahead of Laxman in the pecking order right now.[/quote'] Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St overall 86 2338 131 30.76 6 10 0 - - 0 39 0 300 11079 183 41.49 22 70 99 5/16 37.15 2 100 0 There is abs no comparison here.
looks like da(n)daroy is happy cause ganguly won the MoM. :haha:
Aare yaar tum log khali bong pe piche par jate ho!! Dada achha khel raha hai.....ha running between wickets improve karna parega....otherwise MOM performance considering what others have done...he also gives you a bowling option................khamoka bong-bashing ho raha hai.......bandh karo yeh sab natak.