Janamashtmi ki Shubkaamnayein

apocalypse

Guest dada_rocks

Happy janmashtami , this is one of the huge festivals in north bihar.. As kid we used to get to go to fairs.... good times good time.. enjoy this raasleela bhajan.. HLwo0seMalc

sometimes i feel ISKONIANS are more krishna bakht than any ordinary hindu... they are really into it... i came to meet some ISKONIANS..when they came o my college..for performance..and some lectures.. Recently ONAM Passed by..i am surprised sriram or Bheembahi did not open a thread for that... anyway..belated Onam wishes to all here..as well..

upwaas to kal karna tha...raat barah baje todna tha....
Do you do that whole ritual with cucumber(kheera)? or is it a Bihari thingy? On the night of Janamasthmi ladies would get together in puja-ghar and chant some bhajans. There would a kheera kept on a table with a photo/statue of Krishna next to it. The kheera was supposed to break open at 12 midnight, a sign of arrival of Krishna. I have sat through many a 11:45 pm -12:15 am window hoping to watch it happen. never did :sad_smile::sad_smile: xx

Do you do that whole ritual with cucumber(kheera)? or is it a Bihari thingy? On the night of Janamasthmi ladies would get together in puja-ghar and chant some bhajans. There would a kheera kept on a table with a photo/statue of Krishna next to it. The kheera was supposed to break open at 12 midnight, a sign of arrival of Krishna. I have sat through many a 11:45 pm -12:15 am window hoping to watch it happen. never did :sad_smile::sad_smile: xx
:haha: Lurker....poor you....Krishna Bhagwaan ne tumhe darshan nahin diyaa . Those Kheera cutting and all are done in my village....villagers celebrate Janmashtami by singing Krishna Bhajans with dhol, kirtaals and they sing in parody of bollywood songs too!! Also Ladies will cut Kheera as a sign that Bal Krishna is born...and the best thing is that they sing some real beautiful folk songs called "Sohar"...normally sung after a child is born....Those Sohars are fun and practical example that how in hinduism we are free to love god in any way we like.........Really things like Sohars etc. missing in large cities like Mumbai.