Indians should think logically

kabira

SA bowlers especially Nel looked already tired. Next test is in 2 days time. We should let them bang the bowl and get all their energy out of their body. Do not try any extravagant shots, runs do not matter...just let them come at you.. Make them bowl all day, if we are not too many wickets down, do not even take light...make them bowl, bowl and bowl.. And wish that we win the toss in next Test and bat first against tired SA attack. SA used this tactic against England few years back..Kirsten batted for 2 days in Durban to save the game and England bowlers were so tired, they were murdered in next back to back Test. So Indians think logically..

Re: Indians should think logically For once in my life I want to be practical and not be swayed away with wishful thinking. India's chance of saving the game is about 10% if South Africa bowls anything over 60 overs unless of course the rain intervenes. All it will take is one or two wickets and India will fold up. Considering the form of the Indian batters none barring VVS has the capacity to play a long inning. Sachin, Ganguly, Dhoni, Jaffer have all shown they lack ability to concentrate for long periods of time in this series (right now, am not talking about past). The tail although can wag a bit as it has done recently cannot bat for more than say about 5-8 overs. That will leave about 60-62 overs (if play goes on for full day) with about 4 wickets. That is practically 15 overs a piece for the next 3-4 wickets. I'm sorry to say this and sound negative but for once I want to listen to my head. I want India to draw this but they haven?t shown guts enough or skill enough in this test match. South Africa has won few points by declaring even though they had 350 runs on board. Do you guys reckon India would have done the same? Not a chance in the world. Despite having won the first test Indians lacked application in this test and the very reason they are battling to save this test match is because of inept batting in the first inning. But for bowling Indians have hardly had anything great to write home about so far on this tour and that is the reality. Sorry if I have depressed you lot and injecting bit of negativity but as I said I want to be practical for ones. How much I want to be exposed by the end of tomorrow and make myself look sheepish??? Go India, make me eat my words :wtg: