Dravid - Worst Captain

sacsachin

I hope this win and the last win shows why we need 7 batsmen. Without 7 batsmen, we would have said the series goodbye at the oval. 4 bowlers + yuvraj (naam mat lo uska), Ganguly, Tendulkar is good enough. The only change I want is RPS for Agarkar. Dravid, a proponent of 5 bowlers has got his face blackened with his stupid theories. India's win percentage is higher with 7 batsmen. So, don't go against the numbers, unless we groom an allrounder, 5th bowler is a waste.,

Gats , i owe you an apology here. Remember , the thread you opened after the 1st test match at lords , where you accused Rahul of being too meek. I sorta buy that line now. He almost seem apologetic about the good performances of his team. Its like he is VERY circumspect of saying something that could be interpreted differently.

Gats , i owe you an apology here. Remember , the thread you opened after the 1st test match at lords , where you accused Rahul of being too meek. I sorta buy that line now. He almost seem apologetic about the good performances of his team. Its like he is VERY circumspect of saying something that could be interpreted differently.
we are winning inspite of Dravid's captaincy in odis.... this odi series was 6-1 there for the taking..... instead we are huffin and puffin towards the finish line.... now, if we win this, fat chance of strippin him of captaincy.... like i had mentioned before, if i worked or played under him, i would have not much motivation to push myself... i can guarantee u tht.....

HAHAAHA...yeah Dravid is meek, the guy who declared an innings when Tendulkar was on 196 not out; you guys have no clue what your talking about. We're not aussie, and that's a good thing - I think its great Dravid isn't being over-zealous about our victory and end up like McGrath when he said they'd win 5-0 against england in 2005 only to lose the Ashes for the first time in 18 years...He may not be Steve Waugh, but he's done a damn good job for this team...we've won more overseas tests under Dravid than anyone else...and we're 3-3 in this series with no coach (unless you count our Alzheimer's patient Borde) You can say his bowling changes suck, but who does he have? NOBODY! There is not 1 bowler we have who is worth anything...if this was a club team I would literally trade every single ODI bowler even Zak. Every single win has come on the back of batsmen (really that opening pair of Tendy and Ganguly to all you Tendy haters out htere....) Look at our bowlers: Zak's average 57, god damn 57... Aggie...44.71 conceding 7.11 runs an over that's for scores over 350 for God's sake... even Piyush is only averaging 45 Only Powar has been deccent with 33 average for 4.41 economy. 1 bowler...for pete's sake Ganguly has our third best economy rate. So what do you expect from Dravid with these resouces at his disposal? I thikn we've all established that he's not an overtly aggressive captain, but he gets his **** done...he's professional and won't allow any Drama to take over the team like under Chappell-Gangs era. So let him be captain till the old guys fade out (him, sachin, gangs, VVS....) and maybe we'll have a more natural leader coming in to take over the team. But comend a man who's done a solid job to come back from 1-3 is a tremendous achievement. Credit to all the batsman...especially Uttapha who never really got an extended run so good on you mate.

Another indictment of Rahul's captaincy " Where England had toasted Ravi Bopara and Stuart Broad at Manchester, India celebrated the emergence of their latest finisher, Robin Uthappa. He walked in with 83 needed in 9.4 overs but guided the chase with an audacious 33-ball 47. "I have never seen him batting at No. 7," said Dravid, who has watched his development for Karnataka and India. "He's always had power and a good cricketing brain. "He has been with the team for the last one year and half and developing his cricket all the time. The way he bats in the nets is something like he's begging to be selected. Credit to him because he might not have batted at No. 7 in his life, but here he managed to control the chase." Honestly , what was the team management thinking when they they had sent Uthappa at 7 ? The captain says he knew Uthappa hadnt batted at no.7 before , didnt know how he would play in that position and yet decides to play him there. This is all too puzzling. If this was just a calculated gamble to replace Karthik with Uthappa , its fine. But , is this way players are slotted in their batting order ?