'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

vvvslaxman

It is not. The way it is framed in constitution' date=' the laws are there to ensure there is a standing army of citizens in case the govt. takes over the freedom :haha:[/quote'] Do you mean the second amendment? Surely a 200 year old law needs to be made more relevant, at least by removing automatic and semi automatic weaponry.

I think its more a case of not having such easy access to weapons like these :hmmm:
There are many legal and illegal weapons in India , not as sophesticated as above , but still they can do lot of harm .These type of shootings are has more to do with craziness rather than weapons.There is hardly any motive behind these attacks

Security isnt that tight on school campuses.
If they devote 5% of the security the provide in Airports to schools, they will actually save a lot of American lives. While the TSA is spending obscene amounts in airport security with zero terrorists to show for their efforts and passengers' harassment, they are losing American lives to home grown terrorists.

This is fecked up and sad. The guy was wearing a mask, a bulletproof vest, and was carrying four guns. He fired more than 100 rounds. Couple years ago, a guy, where I live, went to a women's gym and started shooting. He was pissed off with women, coz he had no success at dating them. What is this guy's excuse?

Sad :(( I am glad Illinois and DC are the only 2 No-Issue states for carrying concealed weapons.... Still time for gun-law reforms In India it might be able to easy to get guns in the black market but atleast on paper our law-makers got it right(I think) with regards to gun permits

Assault weapons are banned in Connecticut. http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202b.htm

Sec. 53-202b. Sale or transfer of assault weapon prohibited. Class C felony. (a)(1) Any person who, within this state, distributes, transports or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives any assault weapon, except as provided by sections 29-37j and 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, and subsection (h) of section 53a-46a, shall be guilty of a class C felony and shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of which two years may not be suspended or reduced. (2) Any person who transfers, sells or gives any assault weapon to a person under eighteen years of age in violation of subdivision (1) of this subsection shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of six years, which shall not be suspended or reduced and shall be in addition and consecutive to the term of imprisonment imposed under subdivision (1) of this subsection. (b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to: (1) The sale of assault weapons to the Department of Public Safety, police departments, the Department of Correction or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States for use in the discharge of their official duties; (2) A person who is the executor or administrator of an estate that includes an assault weapon for which a certificate of possession has been issued under section 53-202d which is disposed of as authorized by the Probate Court, if the disposition is otherwise permitted by sections 29-37j and 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, and subsection (h) of section 53a-46a; (3) The transfer by bequest or intestate succession of an assault weapon for which a certificate of possession has been issued under section 53-202d. Sec. 53-202c. Possession of assault weapon prohibited. Class D felony. (a) Except as provided in section 53-202e, any person who, within this state, possesses any assault weapon, except as provided in sections 29-37j, 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, and 53-202o and subsection (h) of section 53a-46a, shall be guilty of a class D felony and shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of which one year may not be suspended or reduced; except that a first-time violation of this subsection shall be a class A misdemeanor if (1) the person presents proof that he lawfully possessed the assault weapon prior to October 1, 1993, and (2) the person has otherwise possessed the firearm in compliance with subsection (d) of section 53-202d. (b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the possession of assault weapons by members or employees of the Department of Public Safety, police departments, the Department of Correction or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States for use in the discharge of their official duties; nor shall anything in sections 29-37j and 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, and subsection (h) of section 53a-46a prohibit the possession or use of assault weapons by sworn members of these agencies when on duty and the use is within the scope of their duties.
Not only is the law important; so is its proper enforcement. The guy was obviously breaking the law by possessing that weapon. And no one did anything.

The video game market should be regulated...As much as I love my videogames...I must say games like COD,Halo etc on a postive note, influence kids to join the army,Police etc might results in acts such as this. Look at the gun in the picture above...it looks to be straight out of a video game. More than anything I feel so bad for the little kids who died :((