'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

vvvslaxman

Whats with such instances happening in North Eastern part of the country (mostly)? Often one hears them in and around the same area. MI, VA, CT etc. There are of course exceptions like CO. Not to make any light headed comment here but does this have something to do with bad cr@ppy weather?? I mean I dont hear such instances happening in say FL or New Mexico. (And thank god for that)

Just like it was stupid of twitter-ers to assume that the gun in the picture was legal in CT. Don't believe everything you see/read on the internet. Dig deeper.
Yea, random people on twitter and a national media organization reaching millions of people are just the same thing.

Whats with such instances happening in North Eastern part of the country (mostly)? Often one hears them in and around the same area. MI, VA, CT etc. There are of course exceptions like CO. Not to make any light headed comment here but does this have something to do with bad cr@ppy weather?? I mean I dont hear such instances happening in say FL or New Mexico. (And thank god for that)
VA/MI is north eastern ? Bhaisaab aap ki geography ko kya ho gaya hai

You forgot the Arizona shooting of Gabrielle Giffords along with 6 other people who died later? Update: - The 2nd suspect arrested is shooter's brother. - Suspect's girlfriend and another friend from NJ is still missing.

Yea' date=' random people on twitter and a national media organization reaching millions of people are just the same thing.[/quote'] Looks like you believed it was true that the weapon was legal, and posted it here. And millions of others on twitter will, too. But, I get your point. CNN should be more careful.

VA/MI is north eastern ? Bhaisaab aap ki geography ko kya ho gaya hai
Arre yaar yehan to Chicago ko bhi mid West bolte hain bhai. :haha: Mera tatpary cold climate waale area se tha. VA is not part of North East, but its climate is more akin to North East than FL or TX say.

Looks like you believed it was true and posted it here. And millions of others on twitter will' date=' too.[/quote'] I did believe that the gun was legal in CT but I am not a media organization nor am I an authority on the subject. Even if millions of people do the same blunder it still doesnt make it the same as CNN's major feck up which directly puts the person at risk because of their inability to do due diligence. The people in his fb list were bombarded with friend requests and calls for more info due to that. Anyway, it's not like the assault rifles are illegal in all of the US. They are only illegal in some states and that has little bearing if the discussion revolves around the larger issue of gun control in the entire country.

Our bureaucratic red tape may hold the country back in most areas but this is one scenario where it actually does some benefit. Without political influence and considerable money power, it is next to impossible to legally acquire a weapon in India even if you fit all the criteria. Illegal firearms are not difficult to acquire but they are mostly of the homemade katta variety which are crude and very hard to go on a shooting spree with.

I did believe that the gun was legal in CT but I am not a media organization nor am I an authority on the subject. Even if millions of people do the same blunder it still doesnt make it the same as CNN's major feck up which directly puts the person at risk because of their inability to do due diligence. The people in his fb list were bombarded with friend requests and calls for more info due to that. Anyway, it's not like the assault rifles are illegal in all of the US. They are only illegal in some states and that has little bearing if the discussion revolves around the larger issue of gun control in the entire country.
I did agree that CNN must be more careful. And they do have a greater responsibility. But it is also stupid of someone to perpetuate misinformation - even if it is on twitter. You may not be an authority, but it took me 30 seconds to google it and realize that this weapon was illegal in CT, NJ, NY and MA Just a little skepticism goes a long way. But, your bigger point is taken. I just don't understand why these weapons are legal anywhere. But, unlike you, I also question enforcement where they are illegal.