selfish gambhir

coverpoint

wtf. hez 41 of 51.. what u want him to do.. we lost lot of wickets , tendulkar, gang, dravid.. let him play we are doing fine dhoni is along with him.... when u r chasing 300+ expect every game to end with 15 overs 100 needed something similar.. we are going fine... if he tries to slog every 2nd ball, we mightjust lose wickets then..

wtf. hez 41 of 51.. what u want him to do.. we lost lot of wickets ' date=' tendulkar, gang, dravid.. let him play we are doing fine dhoni is along with him....[/quote'] When he came in ... we had a good platform ..... our current rrr is over 8 .... is sr of 80 good enough? Isnt this what we have accused SG of?

gambhir was the reason sachin got out. He couldnt even take a single for the first 20 balls he came in. Before sachin got out, the last 4 overs, gambhir had majorly hogged the strike.. and we had scored only 5 runs from the last 20 balls. Gambhir was on 2 runs from 17 balls. He really should have taken the initiative seeing as sachin was suffering from cramps. ...

i think CP has a point here.. India were well placed when gambhir came in... what he did was to eat up so many balls.. thts not the way to go about when ur chasing 316 runs.. sure he had a better SR at the end.. but he put pressure on sachin who was struggling with fitness . he shud have taken the mantle frm sachin n shud have played the lead role.. instead he hogged the srikes made so many dot balls. This forced sachin to hit out n got out eventually

Absolutely delighted to see Gambhir scoring runs - both in this match and the last. I was worried that he may not be able to make the step up to the next level (seeing as how he plunders runs for fun at FC level) but these last two performances of his have gone some way in convincing people of ability. I only hope that he keeps this up, because i see a lot of potential in him. I like his attitude, his style and i am hoping to see him succeed either Tendulkar or Ganguly (whoever goes first) sometime in the future.