With Love & thanks from Karnataka

Guest BossBhai

Told ya about Uthappa... Seems like Dravid atlast saw some sense..... here is my post from the other thread....

ur definition of an anchor is a definition of an ideal number 3/4 in the classical sense for odis.... right now, we are playing musical chair for the same position between gambhir/karthik/rd.... to me, Dhoni will be the best number 3.... he has shown tht he can mix good defence with offence while coming at tht number... i would give him a 10 match run at that place.... KKD can be pure dynamite at the finish line... Yuvi has got to come at number 4 and RD at number 5... I have always mentioned Uthappa will be devastating at number 6.... he is ur typical Afridi... he has very powerful strokes, not much of a technique which wont matter in the last 10 overs and run decently.....

God Bless Uthappa!!! ive been calling for him ever since gambhir failed in the earlier odis (although gamby did very well today and the last game) but damn robin looked gold today! and i was too nervous to come on this site earlier because i might have jinxed him damn he played one of the greatest comeback innings ive ever seen! :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

All hail Dravid the genius He knew we were faltering while chasing 280 or thereabouts targets, knew that we would get off to a slow start if the target wasn't challenging enough and made sure our batsmen were set a target where they will have to pull every sinew and concentrate and run hard to pull off a win. And when Tendulkar's start had made even such a big total appear trivial, Dravid, knowing how we choke in the end at easy targets sacrficed his wicket so that Utthappa and Dhoni could perform to their optimum level. Brilliant inspirational stuff.

Here is another.... refer to point 4...

Inspite of a lot of bad press on the word "Experiments" associated with the indian cricket team, I believe experiments conducted with good vision and planning is the way forward and prevent stagnation.... These are the experiments I would like to see: 1. Dont disturb the opening pair, but get Yuvraj in at 3 irrespective of when the first wicket falls. 2. Give Piyush some opportunities in the first 30 overs against weaker opposition or when the series result is already decided. 3. While chasing big scores, Dhoni must consistently play at number 4 behind Yuvi. 4. Groom Uthappa for Yuvi's finisher slot. This lad is powerful, biffs hard and his FTB style is ideal in the last 10 overs...