Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

How can someone be so stupid to get on a private bus at 11 in the night ??????
There can not be a worse assessment really. The capital of India is so unsafe for women that they are supposed to be under a curfew on when to go out, and which bus to catch?

Its a common knowledge that Dilli walay do not respect women, female infanticide is at its worst in NCR and has always been. So when extra laad pyar is given to a male child infront of his sisters, he learns that he is above women and he can get his way with the weaker sex. 3rd problem and its very specific to delhi is the rise in property prices. People who had milk dairies (actually bhains/tabela) and lived in delhi outer have now become multi millionaires. I know a kid whose father actually had a tabela and he sold 1/10th of his property in 2000 and over night he was driving opel astra. There is nothing wrong in becoming rich like this but when this happens in the entire NCR and then add the connections people have in Indian, plus the male child being taught that he is lord shiva etc etc ... all this makes crimes more likely to happen.
You have a very fair point about male chauvinism in the Delhi NCR area and how it is generally engrained in the male child since birth. The chaps who do this are almost always from a certain background too. Rural jats, Western UPites that kind. In fact that was a bit of a culture shock to me when I visited Delhi for the first time. Coming from Bihar, and most of Eastern India is like this, I was a bit taken aback as to how most temples were built around Ram, Shiva, Bajrang Bali, Krishna as the theme. In East you will see equal sprinkling of Durga, Kaali etc. Personally for me the biggest festival as a kid was Basant Panchmi (Saraswati Puja) & Dusshera (Durga Puja). I know that is oversimplifying but it is easy to be carried away in the whole male chauvinism if you are taught day in and out how you are superior to woman. Sadly I have also seen this in the women of the area who concede they are 2nd to men. You would be hard pressed to do that to a Biharan, or Bengalan.

This is happening so frequently... where are the good people of the country?? I'll paraphrase Bhishma's dailogue in Mahabharat.. ''Ek desh/samaj ki khari kasauti yahi he ki waha naari jaati ka samaan ya apmaan hota he''.... it is very true. It is our responsibility to stand up when and where the need arises.

Actually' date=' that is what Dilli-waale are happy with. Who are you and me to disagree?[/quote'] You can't blame them as its like going to a rough neighborhood after midnight in a Mercedes, I'm not saying that women don't have a right to go out late etc but considering how sad the things are at the moment, it's best women be extra careful. Only 12 years ago my sister was doing training with Air India and used to work till 2 am and then would drive back, it wasn't ideal for anybody to be doing that in India but still we weren't scared at that time.

You can't blame them as its like going to a rough neighborhood after midnight in a Mercedes, I'm not saying that women don't have a right to go out late etc but considering how sad the things are at the moment, it's best women be extra careful. Only 12 years ago my sister was doing training with Air India and used to work till 2 am and then would drive back, it wasn't ideal for anybody to be doing that in India but still we weren't scared at that time.
Kaka, Here's a situation I saw - Girl sitting in a bus, drunk guy sitting next to her drooling over her. Place 1 - The men in the bus are agitated with the person. One of them complains and the bus conductor stops the bus kicks the guy out of the bus and slaps him. Place 2 - The men in the bus look at the woman and laugh at her. Some men try to take further advantage of the situation. Quest ion - Guess Place 1 and Place 2.

This is happening so frequently... where are the good people of the country?? I'll paraphrase Bhishma's dailogue in Mahabharat.. ''Ek desh/samaj ki khari kasauti yahi he ki waha naari jaati ka samaan ya apmaan hota he''.... it is very true. It is our responsibility to stand up when and where the need arises.
Mukesh Khanna said that

Couple of points here. a) Most Cops would know the majnu in their area. Incidents like this are not done by aam road-chaap janta, who went beyond control seeing a girl. I bet a half decent cop in the area knows who the miscreants. How difficult is it for Sheila Dixit (a lady by the way) to simply lay down the law that incidents like this means it is the Cops from the local Thaana whose rear end is on the line? No questions asked? b) Far as I can see, aam janta of Delhi has already made peace with this. The last time we had similar discussion on Delhi I was astonished as to the lack of concern. Looks like it has hardly changed.

What we need is just not additional laws. People need to understand that the consequences does not matter as for the criminals, they believe that they will never be caught. Even if caught, they can find every loophole or any tricks to get away with it. We basically need to make sure that the laws are there which is strict,clear and fair for everyone. However, there is another side where there are some growing incidents of "false" rape. And thus, we really also need some proper verification and checking. Clearly, it's a delicate balance out there and it's easy for us to write but really very hard to implement well and fairly.

Couple of points here. a) Most Cops would know the majnu in their area. Incidents like this are not done by aam road-chaap janta, who went beyond control seeing a girl. I bet a half decent cop in the area knows who the miscreants. How difficult is it for Sheila Dixit (a lady by the way) to simply lay down the law that incidents like this means it is the Cops from the local Thaana whose rear end is on the line? No questions asked? b) Far as I can see, aam janta of Delhi has already made peace with this. The last time we had similar discussion on Delhi I was astonished as to the lack of concern. Looks like it has hardly changed.
Living in Delhi for a considerable period of time I find THIS as the major reason - Apna kaam banta toh bhaad mein jaaye junta. It's a complete apathy - nothing else.

There can not be a worse assessment really. The capital of India is so unsafe for women that they are supposed to be under a curfew on when to go out, and which bus to catch?
You dont get it do youuuu This is similar to that incident where this chick was offered a 'lift' late night and then later raped. It is really really really bad that he raped you and he should be castrated and then hanged, but what you did was silly and one should be careful! capital of India ki baat nahi, im sure everyone everywhere advice their beti or behan against doing so