Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

NEW DELHI: A medical student in her twenties, who was traveling with her male friend in a whiteline bus from Munirka to Uttam Nagar area in west Delhi, was allegedly gang-raped by a group of men inside the moving bus and thrown off the vehicle near Mahipalpur in south Delhi on late Sunday night. The woman's friend is an engineering pass-out and works for a private firm. The girl and the boy were reportedly returning after watching a movie at a theatre in Select City Walk mall in Saket area of south Delhi. They took an auto till Munirka and then boarded the whiteline bus from the bus stop to go to Uttam Nagar area near Palam where they reside. The girl was gang-raped by people including the staff of the bus even as the driver drove around the city and her friend was brutally assaulted. The duo were then stripped and dumped from the moving bus near Mahipalpur flyover. The girl and the boy raised an alarm and the cops arrived. They were taken to the AIIMS Trauma Center for medical help. The girl was shifted to Safdarjung Hospital later. Her condition is stated to be critical. She has abrasions and head injuries apart from the sexual assault injuries. The police have registered a case of gang rape under section 376 G at Vasant Vihar police station and are investigating the matter. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Girl-gang-raped-in-moving-bus-in-Delhi/articleshow/17646614.cms

These animals must be extremely sex starved to come out in the urban areas and snatch anyone. May be it's time India legalizes concealed hand gun licenses for women. The only thing that these animals fear is the sight of death staring at them through that barrel or in this case pointing toward their man berries.

These animals must be extremely sex starved to come out in the urban areas and snatch anyone. May be it's time India legalizes concealed hand gun licenses for women. The only thing that these animals fear is the sight of death staring at them through that barrel or in this case pointing toward their man berries.
thats a recipe for disaster is a country like India.

Student who was gang-raped, pushed from bus is in critical condition New Delhi: A 23-year-old medical student in Delhi is struggling for her life after she was first gang-raped and then beaten with an iron rod for nearly 45 minutes in a bus last night. A male friend who was with her and tried to protect her was also attacked with the same rod. He suffered injuries on his head and hands. Both were thrown out of the moving bus in Mahipalpur in south Delhi, which is close to the Indira Gandhi International Airport. They were discovered lying semi-naked near a flyover from where they were moved to hospital. The victim and her friend, who works with a software firm, watched a movie at Delhi's Select City Walk mall in Saket last night; at about 9 pm, they took an auto to Munirka and then boarded a "whiteline" bus - these are buses managed by private operators that supplement Delhi's public buses. Sources say there were five or six people on the bus when the couple boarded. About 10 minutes later, a few people on the bus began harassing the woman, said a relative of the boy who was accompanying her. "They took out a rod and beat him badly and then dragged her to the bus cabin where they raped her," the relative shared. The police have questioned about 20 people so far; some people have also been detained. However, no arrests have been made so far. The police is monitoring CCTV footage collected from the area where they boarded the bus and from where they were thrown off the bus. Sketches of suspects are being prepared based on the description shared by the victim's friend. http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/student-who-was-gang-raped-pushed-from-bus-is-in-critical-condition-306159?pfrom=home-lateststories
This is horrific !! Just cant imagine how people can do something like this .. extremely, extremely sad ..

This shows the attitude towards women in Delhi - living there for some time and the men (irrespective of caste' date=' education) have a deeply condescending materialistic attitude towards women.[/quote'] my brother lives there n he says thats not the case.he feels that Delhi is such a big city,that the number of such incidents automatically increases n since its Delhi,they get highlighted more.the problem is as bad as in other city as per him ofcourse the problem is still there

Till some of these bastards are hanged, the janta will not have a fear of getting punished by law. Right now everybody knows "kya ho jayega ?" It's especially worse in Delhi as people don't respect anybody especially women.
Public memory is short, some cases need to be fast tracked as in sentences are announced in a matter of weeks.

:facepalm: This must be a first in India
No. I don't think so. I vaguely recall a reading a case in India Today magazine from 90's. Barbaric act. Shouldn't be difficult to identify the perpetrators of the crime. If bus can be identified (which is not a huge task) then bus staff can be identified immediately and once police have hands on any one of the staff, everybody involved will be known. But unfortunately somebody would grease police hands before that happens. Corruption is root of all evils in India. Being practical I would say, these people were naive to board an empty bus at 11 PM in night.

Death penalty needed for rapists but there is no way in india that this would be possible due to incompetent police and snail paced court system
Problem is corruption, not weak laws. Any kind of laws are rendered ineffective because of corruption. Stronger laws would mean higher amount of bribes to police, nothing else.

my brother lives there n he says thats not the case.he feels that Delhi is such a big city,that the number of such incidents automatically increases n since its Delhi,they get highlighted more.the problem is as bad as in other city as per him ofcourse the problem is still there
What you nees to know is that I have lived in 3 other metro cities in India. Also, some of my relatives live in Delhi since 1949 and I am in a decent position to make that comment. Stop the high horse ego attitude ad accept the problem first. Do not make this one of yhe north-south threads.

No. I don't think so. I vaguely recall a reading a case in India Today magazine from 90's. Barbaric act. Shouldn't be difficult to identify the perpetrators of the crime. If bus can be identified (which is not a huge task) then bus staff can be identified immediately and once police have hands on any one of the staff, everybody involved will be known. But unfortunately somebody would grease police hands before that happens. Corruption is root of all evils in India. Being practical I would say, these people were naive to board an empty bus at 11 PM in night.
Not to mention - Saket is a prime place inside Delhi, probably the heart of it.