In quest of India's national dish.... what is it?

Nova

India's national dish is - KASAM :cantstop: No I have not made a typo there, I literally mean it. Jisko dekho din mein ek aad baar "Kasam" toh khaa hi leta hai. Kabhi "Arey maa kasam yaar, kya faadu pichhar hai" toh kabhi "Kasam se yaar, woh subject bada hi boring hai", and sometimes, you change the language "I swear !!!!!! These traffics are gonna kill me" :D So Kasam is the national food of India

India's national dish is - KASAM :cantstop: No I have not made a typo there, I literally mean it. Jisko dekho din mein ek aad baar "Kasam" toh khaa hi leta hai. Kabhi "Arey maa kasam yaar, kya faadu pichhar hai" toh kabhi "Kasam se yaar, woh subject bada hi boring hai", and sometimes, you change the language "I swear !!!!!! These traffics are gonna kill me" :D So Kasam is the national food of India
:hysterical: First funny post by g92 in 3 years :icflove:

There is no such thing as daal-chawal :beee: It is chawal-daal :whack: By the way kaun si daal? Daal bhi to 10 tarah ka hota hai. Toor, moong, masur, chana yada yada. Or mixed one? National dish? In terms of reach and people's knowledge to it yes. Not sure if everyone looks forward to it all the time though.

There is no such thing as daal-chawal :beee: It is chawal-daal :whack: By the way kaun si daal? Daal bhi to 10 tarah ka hota hai. Toor, moong, masur, chana yada yada. Or mixed one? National dish? In terms of reach and people's knowledge to it yes. Not sure if everyone looks forward to it all the time though.
Toor of course. Rest all are pretenders.

You can officially surrender your South Indian card now, Coffee saab :beee: How can a dosa/idili/uttapam eating chap call urad daal a pretender :phehehe:
I guess he's only taking about daals used to mix into cooked rice. Pappu/Paruppu/BELE all refer to Toor daal - by default.

I guess he's only taking about daals used to mix into cooked rice. Pappu/Paruppu/BELE all refer to Toor daal - by default.
That's better than how I would have put it. Trying eating urad dal with rice. Altho moong is ok with rice, it doesn't match up with toor dal. I still think Dosa is the best invention of food done by homo sapiens so far.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Kasam se yaar, kya post hai :two_thumbs_up:

Daal-Chawal for sure.... Idli is more commonly consumed than Masala Dosa,so as much as I love Masala dosa,I would say Idli wins in that regard. How about Aaloo Gobi?Bend it like Beckham made it famous in the west Lol and some variation of that recipe exists in every part of India.