'Tendulkar not quitting One-Dayers' !!

Prudent

60907tendulkar300.jpg Tendulkar's wife Anjali told CNN-IBN that he would have told her if he was planning to quit One-Dayers. "If Sachin was to retire he would have told us first. Had Sachin had been retiring we would have been watching the match," Anjali said while rubbishing some media reports that claimed Tendulkar had decided to quit from ODIs during the current tour of England. Tendulkar is also keen to continue playing the shorter version of the game at least for some more time though he has decided to be more selective in choosing the ODIs he would play. There have been reports about his retirement in the wake of a string of injuries the batsman suffered in recent times. [CNN-IBN]
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Tendulkar_may_quit_One-dayers/articleshow/2341486.cms Tendulkar may quit One-dayers INDIATIMES CRICKET NEW DELHI, September 5: It was just couple of days back that the Master Blaster for the first time admitted that it is increasingly becoming difficult for him to play One-day cricket with long recovery time after matches taking toll on his body. And now Tendulkar is seriously contemplating retiring from One-day cricket after India's home engagements against Pakistan and Australia later this season, according to cricinfo website. Tendulkar, One-day cricket's most prolific and dominant batsman, will, however, continue playing Tests and will travel to Australia in December. According to the website, Tendulkar was inclined to announce his retirement on this tour but was persuaded by friends to do so at home. India are scheduled to play seven ODIs against Australia and five against Pakistan before the end of the year. Tendulkar recently opted out of the Twenty20 World Championships but refused to agree that he was old enough to call it quits. "I enjoy every moment I have on a cricket field, but the recovery times between games these days are difficult, especially for One-Day Internationals, and that's my major obstacle," Sachin was quoted as saying by The Times . "It does take its toll on the body. When you are 22 or 23, you recover a lot more quickly. But at 34, it's not so easy," he said. Tendulkar, however, confirmed that this was likely to be his last tour of England.

This is the report from HT : Report says Sachin to quit, Dravid says no London, September 06, 2007 First Published: 01:18 IST(6/9/2007) Last Updated: 01:27 IST(6/9/200 Will he, won't he? After Loksatta, a Marathi daily, reported on Wednesday that Sachin Tendulkar was "set to retire from one-day cricket at Lord's†on Saturday, media circles here were abuzz. The report stated: “He (Tendulkar) had discussed his desire to retire from ODIs with his best friend around a month ago… But he felt that he should retire honourably, according to his status." The paper expected Tendulkar to bid adieu to ODIs either after Lord's or after the home series against Pakistan later this year. Loksatta quoted an unnamed friend as saying that “even if his mind doesn't want to accept it, physically he is finding it harder to cope with ODIs". What made the grapevine go slightly haywire was the fact that Tendulkar, in an interview to The Times, London, earlier this week, had talked in a similar vein — about how it was getting harder for his body to cope with the rigours of one-day cricket. However, Rahul Dravid, asked this in the post-match press conference, said these reports were “completely false†and sources close to Tendulkar dismissed them too. Tendulkar himself said what he meant by those remarks was that it would be better if there were more than two days between one-dayers. Logically too, it makes no sense for Tendulkar to contemplate retirement at the moment, given that he is playing beautifully. Yet, star cricketers before him have retired at the top of their prowess. Sources close to his sponsors say that they are extremely worried, given the money riding on the Tendulkar brand. Like everyone else though, they aren’t quite sure what’s happening. -------------------------------------------------------- So it was all started by some Loksatta!!!

i think cricinfo cudnt stand sachin.. have u ever seen cricinfo comingup with saucy news.. they ll publish only everything is confirmed.. very surprising tht they cameup with news quoting some sources which only some sleazy sites publish.. crapinfo has is really crap.. they r showing anti india way too much

wont u discuss with ur wife these most important stufffs??
My wife will not know what's happenning to my body will she? She won't feel the pain in the body after my day's cricket. More than anything I will ask my wife not to talk about my decisions with the media. That said I'm not Tendulkar :D
My wife will not know what's happenning to my body will she? She won't feel the pain in the body after my day's cricket. More than anything I will ask my wife not to talk about my decisions with the media. That said I'm not Tendulkar :D
geez shes a doc.....moreover i think his wife is his close fren...i think he wud hav discused with her this