Toe the line, ICF

Mariyam

This is a game that was quite common on Orkut, back in the day. Thought we should have it here also. The objective of the game is to answer the given set of questions in the most predictable way: as the name suggests you are supposed to toe the line, think like common Joe/Jane and give the answers you would expect other people to give. Eg: Name a world class poster. 102 people say Mariyam 12 people say Laloo 1 person says KT ( most probably a self vote) In other words think like an aam aadmi/aurat and give answers that you would expect others would too. Then the 112 people who said Mariyam get 1 point each. If there is a tie between two popular answers, the people who have given either of the two as answers will get 0.5 points each. In case of a 3 way tie or more, nobody gets any points for that question. You obviously cannot discuss with others (via PM/chat etc). You have to send me the answers via PM only. Do not post your answers in this thread. This thread can be used for any suggestions, feedback or kind words for the OP. You can also use this thread to confirm your participation in the game. Since I don't know how many are going to participate, I've decided to have a qualifier round and a final round. The qualifier will be used to select the final 10 contestants. Oh yeah, and you are allowed to use google/wikipedia or the internet in general. Since it is a cricket site, bulk of the questions would be related to the sport. Questions for the qualifier round 1) Who has been India's best PM since independence? 2) Which cricketer's facial features resemble that of a horse? 3) Most boring IPL side. 4) Best Pakistani poster on ICF 5) Coolest smiley on ICF 6) Best batsman of the last 5 years. 7) Name a famous Swedish person. 8) Name an Indian English language author. 9) Name a movie starring Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan. 10) Zaheer, Irfan, Nehra, Sreesanth - pick the odd one out. (you may give reasons too). 11) Best male playback singer (Bollywood) since the 90s. 12) Which country has the worst cuisine? 13) Which Indian cricketer would you not mind lending to the opposition? 14) Which foreign cricketer you wish was in the Indian team? 15) Name a fruit without seeds. DEADLINE for sending your answers: 11:59 PM (IST), 29th Dec 2012 Good luck!!!

Is it now? well then' date=' my bad[/quote'] One of the probable origins of the phrase: It is common practice in many long-established schools for roll-call to be taken twice a day, at which the pupils line up with their toes exactly along a particular line on the floor, while the names are called out for them to respond to indicate their presence.