B kumar

badmash

He looks a good prospect. The real test will be when there is no swing or seam on offer.
Indeed. Notice how he took new ball wickets where Dinda, Irfan and Tanvir could not take wickets with the new ball. It was not ideal new ball conditions like it was during Anwar Ali's spell (India's bowlers also did well in that game, as did Ali's new ball partner). He has been a consistent performer for India A and there, he was not always given the new ball - I am curious to follow how his career pans out. Hopefully he will not be ruined by injuries and poor fitness like Praveen.
Novelty factor worked for him. Even PK had a great start in Aus but bowlerd dependent just on swing has rarely survived in world cricket. Lets see how he does in Ahmedabad. Hope' date=' he does increase his pace too and become an all-season bowler.[/quote'] when u swing both ways so much its hard even if u know he can swing both ways pk in australia was different he was actually not able to inswing there for some reason i remember his interview also he kind of got lucky wickets with so much pressure from other end after tht pk was never a good odi bowler
Novelty factor worked for him. Even PK had a great start in Aus but bowlerd dependent just on swing has rarely survived in world cricket. Lets see how he does in Ahmedabad. Hope' date=' he does increase his pace too and become an all-season bowler.[/quote'] He should be looked as a allrounder .
when u swing both ways so much its hard even if u know he can swing both ways pk in australia was different he was actually not able to inswing there for some reason i remember his interview also he kind of got lucky wickets with so much pressure from other end after tht pk was never a good odi bowler
but you wont get conditions where ball swings like this often. I was talking about PKs Success in CB series 2008.
There is a history of bowlers who depended too much on swing and have not survived for long until he has has something extra other than just swing.
like i said lets wait and see just bcos pk turned out crap does not means he will go the same way remember ur avatar :whack: have bit of hope :P

There's a history of bowlers losing their USP as well after a season/injury. Its more important for BK to retain his core skills (swing/seam movement & accuracy) while maintaining 80 mph than trying to bowl phaasshhter and lose what actually made you successful. Let the Awanas & Yadavs & Aarons among others bowl quick, its perfectly ok to have a good swing bowler in the squad alongside them.

There's a history of bowlers losing their USP as well after a season/injury. Its more important for BK to retain his core skills (swing/seam movement & accuracy) while maintaining 80 mph than trying to bowl phaasshhter and lose what actually made you successful.
agree...u dont see this much swing everyday that was jsut brilliant specially ball to khatmal
I have all the hopes. He was brilliant yesterday.:two_thumbs_up:
good :good:
There's a history of bowlers losing their USP as well after a season/injury. Its more important for BK to retain his core skills (swing/seam movement & accuracy) while maintaining 80 mph than trying to bowl phaasshhter and lose what actually made you successful.
That is negative thinking. You must think about progress and getting better. 78-80 mph wont make him an all-season bowler and I doubt he will be a successful bowler that way. I want to him to go around 83-85 mph and still swing it, the pace which Anderson bowls nowadays that is why he can be dangerous in any condition.
Good swing bowler reminded me of irfan pathan by the way he swung the ball both ways... He should not try to bowl too fast , his strength is swing bowling and he should stick to it otherwise he can go Irfan pathans way
Rubbish. Irfan was quicker than BK when he first came. He never lost his swing but lost his pace because of change in his aciton which he made after a back injury. Remember his hattrick test match, he was in poor form but even then he was swinging the ball but at 120K.
That is negative thinking. You must think about progress and getting better. 78-80 mph wont make him an all-season bowler and I doubt he will be a successful bowler that way. I want to him to go around 83-85 mph and still swing it' date=' the pace which Anderson bowls nowadays that is why he can be dangerous in any condition.[/quote'] i think he can go to 83-85 maybe he was concentrating on swing on debut? well he looks like he can bowl quicker unlike pk..also he is pretty young can easily add some muscle and increase pace without changing anything in action