I couldn't understand Rahul's captaincy'

zubinpepsi

London: So with the series level now, the game on Saturday will be a winner take all and in an exclusive interview with CNN-IBN, former England captain Geoff Boycott said that he too got a glimpse of that vintage Sachin Tendulkar that we all have been waiting for with bated breath. On Oval win: Quite a lot of the players played well but (Sachin) Tendulkar played fantastically earlier on. He played as well as I have seen him for a long time - freedom, expressed himself and most importantly, he played proper cricket shots. People think, One-Day cricket is all about hitting sixes and boundaries but it isn't. And if you are as good as him then you don't have to slog but only hit beautiful shots, Tendulkar absolutely at his best. I actually was disappointed when he didn't get a hundred. He hurt his knee or it was something but he deserved a hundred. Unfortunately, he didn't get one. (Sourav) Ganguly, again played well - got to his 50, also shared the century partnership stand and that got India off to a flyer, as both of them played proper cricket. And from then on they were always in the contest. (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni played well but I thought he had thrown it away with a very bad shot. England were spread out, there were ones and twos to be taken with the odd boundary but he lost his head and gave his wicket away, which had given England a real chance to win the game. But in the end they (India) got home because England's bowlers didn't bowl very well under pressure and that is the difference - how do you play under pressure in these One-Dayers. On Indian performance: He (Robin Uthappa) is fairly new to the One-day cricket, but I thought he fielded magnificently and that is a big plus for India. As we have said earlier, some of the athletic fielding by India have been poor to the point of being awful. In the last couple of games, I thought India did a lot better. You cannot make some of them great athletic fielders but they have actually performed which has helped the bowlers. But I couldn't understand Rahul Dravid's captaincy - just when India got England in a position where 275 or 285 at the most that they would have settled for, how come you got to the point that he is bowling a part-time bowler like Yuvraj Singh - the last over and go for 5 sixes. I am all for Yuvraj's bowling but not at the end, unless it is turning square but it was not turning square. In fact, it is a flat pitch, a brilliant batting pitch. Even Tendulkar went for 12 runs, England scored 42 runs off the last two overs. I don't think that was very smart captaincy because except for that India had a really really great day and should have won more comfortably. On the Lord's ODI: India are on a rock - confidence is high, they got home in a couple of matches and that is very important. ------------ we might still win this series... but it is insane to still keep rahul as the captain.. He shud concentrate on his batting in which hes good at and leave the captaincy to a youngster.. Keeping Rahul as a captain wont take us anywhere apart from winnning one r two matches here and there. Not every day sachin is gonna save your arse..