Imran Khan "Explains" why Pakistan produces fast bowlers

jonas10

if waqar is express so is zaheer vinay sreeshanth nehra etc btw who is zahid:idunno:
you must have only seen a few youtube videos of an older waqar and reached that conclusion. A young Waqar, prior to injuries, was very fast, and not just for a year or two but about 6 years. Injuries robbed him of his pace, but he was pretty damn fast at his peak.

Lol, wasn't he the same guy who said the mumbai attackers were the best warriors in the world? This ******* has his mind in his ass and thinks and believes in race theory. He is from the late 1960s who thought that handful of Pak soldiers are enough for Indian army becoz they believe in the martial race theory and that bullshit theory was ended after the heavy defeat they suffered in 197 war.

+1 Thats the simple reason imo. We don't have a bowling culture. I don't buy the vegetarian / non-vegetarian excuse ... So many Indians are non-veg.
when we do work outs we have posters of Arnold, sylvester stallone in the gym room . When we work on fast bowling why do you think we should have only Indian player as a source of inspiration. There are lot of batsmen outside INdia idolizing Sachin. Why not draw inspiration from say Donald, Mcgrath.. etc.

This thread is getting derailed trying to "argue" how Indian bowlers are just as fast. We all know in our hearts this is most certainly not the case past or present. Can anyone honestly say if given a choice they would take Prasad Srinath over Waqar and Wasim? How about right now Junaid and Gul or Vinay Kumar and Dinda? Speed has a lot to do with it.

^^Junaid is not really quick. He is a swing bowler. Bhuvaneswar is a good find for India who can bowl 130+ and swing it. Ishant is really quick. Vinay Kumar is more of a tight line and length bowler who can be effective in LOIs. We will see more quick bowlers playing for India next year. But they have to be selected instead of being made to toil on flat decks in FC which is usually the case. Imran Khan is an idiot and I dont understand why news channels in India allow him to talk. All the theories he talked about that India will feel pressure in SF against Pakistan in front of home crowd were squashed when it turned out that Pak was feeling the heat as they missed 5 or 6 catches and failed to chase 260. He is just a big mouth idiot like Aamir Sohail who always end up with egg on his face after loose comments. :hehe:

^^Junaid is not really quick. He is a swing bowler. Bhuvaneswar is a good find for India who can bowl 130+ and swing it. Ishant is really quick. Vinay Kumar is more of a tight line and length bowler who can be effective in LOIs.
:hysterical:brilliant, he puts fear in the hearts of the opposition batsmen does the tall and mighty ishanth with his 81-82 mph thunderbolts:two_thumbs_up:
:hysterical:brilliant' date=' he puts fear in the hearts of the opposition batsmen does the tall and mighty ishanth with his 81-82 mph thunderbolts:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Ishant has lost the ability to swing the ball which is why he cant pick wickets regularly anymore. Of course, he does strike fear in Paki batsmen hearts as Kamran Khatmal was pissing in his pants when he was facing him.:giggle:
Ishant has lost the ability to swing the ball which is why he cant pick wickets regularly anymore. Of course' date=' he does strike fear in Paki batsmen hearts as Kamran Khatmal was pissing in his pants when he was facing him.:giggle:[/quote'] khatmal was just watering the pitch , the fact is ishanth is just a medium pacer who cant swing the ball and struggles to get wickets in anyform of the game , in short a terrible bowler and highly overrated around here.

It is not Imran's fault that Indian media keeps thrusting mike in his face and asks him the same question every day. One wonder if there has been any ex-International cricketer, including Indian, who features so often on Indian TV, as Imran does/have. Blame Indian media, dont blame Imran. Atleast he is consistent with his thoughts, howsoever wrong they may be.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with tape ball cricket. IÃÎ not sure about you all but a lot of my Indian friends have never heard about tape ball cricket until we Pakistani introduce them to tape ball. With tape ball cricket it is so hard for bowler to bowl and survive, while the batsmen can slog you out of the ground 3-4 time in an over easily. That is where you are found out, how good a bowler you are. You need pace, those yokers and so much more to do well. Yeah I do believe physique etc matter but some of these Pakistani guys have learned so much just by bowling with tape ball. The pace, swing and all, you all will be surprise to know how hard it is to bowl with tape ball. On the other hand, I had never played cricket with hard tennis ball that a lot my Indian friends play with. I did play with them, bowling is a lot easier and batting you can still use some type of footwork. Perhaps that is the same reason why we can't produce batsmen since there is no such thing as technique in tape ball cricket. Just cover your stumps and slog at every ball (look at Ahmed Shehzad, Afridi and many others). These guys are doing the same thing as any gully/mohalla batsmen, close your eyes and slog it out of the ground. and its not Imran fault that Indian media keep on asking him question and wants to talk to him. perhaps you all can go after the media people and not imran..just saying:)

IK said nothing about Indian fast bowlers in that video ... where did the OP get this thread title from ? Mods can you please change it.
What are you talking about? Read between the lines. It was a clear jibe at Indians quit being so hypersensitive. He even trolled the new "wonder" kumar and said he swings the ball when asked about his speed. Its like if Indira Nooryi/Bobby Jindal/Aswath Damodaran was on some Pakistani business show and was asked. "Why are there so many preeminent academics politicians and business people of Indian origin" and would reply "well its genetics its in our genes thats why weve been so successful in Obamas cabinet in fortune 500 companies and the Harvards around the world". That would be a huge insult on Pakistani tv insinuating they couldnt do it due to genetics.
What are you talking about? Read between the lines. It was a clear jibe at Indians quit being so hypersensitive. He even trolled the new "wonder" kumar and said he swings the ball when asked about his speed. Its like if Indira Nooryi/Bobby Jindal/Aswath Damodaran was on some Pakistani business show and was asked. "Why are there so many preeminent academics politicians and business people of Indian origin" and would reply "well its genetics its in our genes thats why weve been so successful in Obamas cabinet in fortune 500 companies and the Harvards around the world". That would be a huge insult on Pakistani tv insinuating they couldnt do it due to genetics.
You can read whatever between whichever lines but please change your thread title. It is factually incorrect.
I honestly think it has a lot to do with tape ball cricket. IÃÎ not sure about you all but a lot of my Indian friends have never heard about tape ball cricket until we Pakistani introduce them to tape ball. With tape ball cricket it is so hard for bowler to bowl and survive, while the batsmen can slog you out of the ground 3-4 time in an over easily. That is where you are found out, how good a bowler you are. You need pace, those yokers and so much more to do well. Yeah I do believe physique etc matter but some of these Pakistani guys have learned so much just by bowling with tape ball. The pace, swing and all, you all will be surprise to know how hard it is to bowl with tape ball. On the other hand, I had never played cricket with hard tennis ball that a lot my Indian friends play with. I did play with them, bowling is a lot easier and batting you can still use some type of footwork. Perhaps that is the same reason why we can't produce batsmen since there is no such thing as technique in tape ball cricket. Just cover your stumps and slog at every ball (look at Ahmed Shehzad, Afridi and many others). These guys are doing the same thing as any gully/mohalla batsmen, close your eyes and slog it out of the ground. and its not Imran fault that Indian media keep on asking him question and wants to talk to him. perhaps you all can go after the media people and not imran..just saying:)
u have it the wrong way round. tape ball moves quicker through the air, and that helps bowlers. tennis ball sits up, floats around a bit and is really, really easy to hit. you would hate to bowl with a tennis ball. i've played tape ball with pakis here many times, the first time i batted against their phaaasht bowler wannabes i couldn't score a run. ball was just coming on too quickly and stayed really low. i had to get used to playing a lot earlier...it was fun though
]^^Junaid is not really quick. He is a swing bowler. Bhuvaneswar is a good find for India who can bowl 130+ and swing it. Ishant is really quick. Vinay Kumar is more of a tight line and length bowler who can be effective in LOIs. We will see more quick bowlers playing for India next year. But they have to be selected instead of being made to toil on flat decks in FC which is usually the case. Imran Khan is an idiot and I dont understand why news channels in India allow him to talk. All the theories he talked about that India will feel pressure in SF against Pakistan in front of home crowd were squashed when it turned out that Pak was feeling the heat as they missed 5 or 6 catches and failed to chase 260. He is just a big mouth idiot like Aamir Sohail who always end up with egg on his face after loose comments. :hehe:
Lols Junaid bowled consistently around 140 and he is a swing bowler and a seam bowler where as kumar is 125-130 swing bowler. When he put in effort he get's up to 135+ while Junaid get's up to 145+. Ishant is not a quick bowler, he is a 132-137 bowler. You guys note one effort ball from a player and then you say he is this fast and that fast. You have to look at the speed of a bower for at least 5-7 years in international cricket. Take Mohammad Sami for instance, he made his Test debut in 2001. And in 2010 he was playing against Australia in Australia where he was bowling close to 150. We are taling about 9 years of international cricket where he has maintained his speed. Mohammad Sami have been bowling consistently around 150 whole his career and to be honest in some matches he was even quicker than Shoaib who also has been express for over long periode of time. Imran, Wasim and Waqar bowled quick for many many years. Regarding Yadav and Varun, no doubt they are quick. But let them bowl in international cricket for 5-7 years and then we can come back in 2020 InshaAllah and discuss their pace.