Has ODIs affected Dravid's Batting Technique?

Don

Over the last 2 years and a bit Dravid has been in sublime form for us in ODIs, he has reinvented himself as a ODI player as no one has, he can slog, he can consolidate, he can chase i.e the complete middle order ODI player. 048319.jpg But if you notice closely he has changed his technique to suit the slogging and hustle and bustle of ODI cricket, has this affected his previeously unshakaeble Batting techique so often seen at its best in Test Cricket, stonewalling and often dominating world best bowlers. The high upright elbow, bat coming down in a V, the awesome balance and judgement of line and length; All ofcourse trademark of Dravid's defence. They were needed the most in the swing and seam of South Africa and England and to they have palpably been lacking in his last 5 test matches. There is no doubt that Dravid has a hit a low in Test cricket in the last two series that he has played (Popgun bangaldesh cannot be included), only a 50 to show for his last 6 matches (12 Innings) agaisnt England and SA. The postive though is that we have a series win and first test victory ever agaisnt that team to show from those failures of Dravid. This can only be a good thing, but the question is for how long?

filtered               6   251  55   22.81   0   1   -   -       -    -   5  0

We have a 3 Match series coming up agasint our arch rivals Pakistan which we must win being at home, Pakistan being a young team and perenially being in chaos and us coming off this great win agaisnt England.Then going on to the biggest fish of all a 4 test tour of Australia. We need Dravid in those two series, more then ever, to have any chance of winning the series. But we also have a influx of ODIs coming up as well, discounting the lords ODI, 12 in total. Will Dravid be able to to balance it all and get over his wilder ODI technique to regain his supreme Test match technique and hold us well in the coming test series, only time will tell. But there is absoutley no doubt the ODI's have affected his technique and remains a major hindrance to his Test match form.

off the last 10 meaningfull Test Innings RD has been mugged 4 times by the facking umpires ... Caught behind of thin air ... bat before wicket hit outside off ... you name it.
I was about to say the same too. He doesnt look out of form. Just needs a bit of luck to come up with a big one.

Barring the umpiring debacles BB, I still feel somewhere down the line.dravid going for those openchested swishes through points and general slogging towards midwicket area has affected his trigger movement in defense, i.e back and across jus when bowler delivers etc. Classic example of that his getting caught behind against Flintoff in 3rd ODI, admittadely it was a good delivery, but you expect Dravid to keep em out, because if anyone can Dravid can.

RD is at a place where SRT was in 2001-02 in the WI series. That was the first series when SRT decline started. Even tho he scored a century, people could see how tentative tendulkar had become when the LBWs and Bowled started happening. I guess aging reflexes and faulty technique can be developed in mid-career. I hope Dravid listens to some expert and corrects his technique.