Transfer rumours and news thread -- 2013/14

Sidhoni

Will be ineteresting to see how Neymar does, hope he does well. he has achieved what he has in Brazil and Europe will be a step up. also supposed to be quite selfish. I want Messi to go right of a front three again and with Neymar left and get a good mobile striker to play through the middle for Barca. With the view that they interchange roles at will- just as Messi, Eto'o and Henry did- that front three was one of the best club attacks in the history of the game. And whilst attackers of Henry/Eto'o quality are very rare Barca can get out of 'Messidependecia' by playing three good forwards- not Messi and two workhorses to get the best out of Messi. That way they can all score even if Messi does not score as many. As to who that additional forward is- I dont know. maybe retain Villa and play him through the middle more often... he will still bury chances when given them even if he does not have the legs he once did. Better yet sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Saint-Étienne. Pacy forward who can play in any one of a front three. Sign a centre half -Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord -and a mid fielder- Kevin Strootman from PSV. And sell Sanchez and Song.

Kolo Toure to Liverpool

Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a deal in principle with Kolo Touré to join the club from Manchester City on 1 July. The defender's registration will be completed when his current contract expires. Touré, 32, moved to the Etihad for around £16m in 2009 after seven seasons at Arsenal. The Ivory Coast international has been lined up as a replacement for long-serving Jamie Carragher, who retired at the end of last season. Touré appeared more than 100 times in total for City but had slipped down the pecking order under manager Roberto Mancini, making just 18 Premier League starts over the past two seasons.

Whats paulinio like? Spurs about to sign him
Box to box midfielder, energetic. Good if not great passer and chips in with occaisional goals. had a good confed cup. Needs a sitting midfielder alongside him- I dont know if he and Dembele can play in a CM duo for instance. I guess a 4-3-3 with Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro would be pretty good... Bale Lennon Defoe up front Spurs need a good striker too.