Transfer rumours and news thread -- 2013/14

Sidhoni

Apparently Chelsea offered 20m + Mata + Luiz. I would accept that if I was Moyes. Luiz is probably the best young defender right now and it is not as if they are short on strikers. They can play Hernandez or even Mata along with RVP. They signed Zaha last year' date=' wonder what happened to him.[/quote'] If true, that is the most ridiculous offer ever and what would be even more ridiculous is United not accepting straight away.

Yes I thought so, which is why it would have been great had they got Strootman. That Roma move- whilst great for them, him and De Rossi midfield would be sick!- seems odd from Strootmans point of view. Does he not want European football. Dont know if Napoli will play wingbacks under Benitez... Apparently Higauin wants to move to the Prem. Napoli also chasing Damaio
Yeah Strootman would have been a great signing for them but i suppose they probably want to keep a large chunk of their budget for a star striker. Napoli seem to have be overloaded on attacking midfielders. They have Mertens, Callejon, Pandev, Insigne and Hamsik, they would have been better off buying someone like Strootman and not buying Mertens or Callejon. The wing-back situation is tricky, if Benitez does not want to play with wing-backs then he has to buy 2 good full-backs before the start of the season. Strootman's transfer to Roma is bizarre for both him and Roma. Central midfield was their strongest department of the team last season, they did not really need to buy him. They would have been better off buying some quality full-backs or a good striker to replace Osvaldo.

Man Utd are expected to make a 3rd and final' date=' club record offer of £34m for Cesc Fabregas despite Barcelona saying he's not for sale[/quote'] :facepalm: barca wont sell him till they get more monniez than what they themselves spent on cesc.this bid wont be accepted as well

Reports in the Spanish press claim that Gareth Bale has agreed a six-year deal with Real Madrid - despite Tottenham steadfastly insisting their winger is not for sale :whine:
was it "marca" spreading the news?coz its not trustworthy

Reports in the Spanish press claim that Gareth Bale has agreed a six-year deal with Real Madrid - despite Tottenham steadfastly insisting their winger is not for sale :whine:
:headshake:If true bad for premier league:((

Martino is new Barca manager. Many claiming Messi might be involved in his signing since the two know each other since a long time. Hoping the club can prosper under him. he is the same guy who managed Paraguay to a WC QF in 2010