India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

Gambhir struggles against any good bowling line up especially with good pacers. I have faith in him to score a ton against Lankans though. If India had next series with SL, then I would certainly prefer him over any other batsman.
Sehwag is freaking struggling against everyone right now. Won't pick him to play Bangladesh in helpful conditions. Except for the double ton he's done **** all in ODI's for the last 2 years almost.
Gambhir struggles against any good bowling line up especially with good pacers. I have faith in him to score a ton against Lankans though. If India had next series with SL, then I would certainly prefer him over any other batsman.
You think SL is minnow, they were better than us in CB series. the only game we won against Aus in Aus he batted well against the new ball. Sir Virender Sehwag was sitting sucks against better bowling line ups. Even Kohli struggled there. yes, currently he is in poor form and should be dropped but Sehwag is just finished and no coming back.
You think SL is minnow, they were better than us in CB series. the only game we won against Aus in Aus he batted well against the new ball. Sir Virender Sehwag was sitting sucks against better bowling line ups. Even Kohli struggled there. yes, currently he is in poor form and should be dropped but Sehwag is just finished and no coming back.
When did I say SL is minnow?
lol. See their averages for last year. When was that 200 ? It's the only thing he has done in like 2 years in all forms.
Gambhir averages 22 against WI, Pak, NZ, Bangladesh, SA, Aus, Eng in last 17 matches. And did you really mention all forms? :cantstop: Sehwag won us a test whereas what has Gambhir done in tests in 3 year at all?
What has Gambhir done anything in matches where Lions are missing?
Are you telling me England have a better ODI team than Srilanka ? lol. Anyways, he scored a 90 against Australia in tough conditions. Srilanka is no Bangladesh. Get that in you're head. And it's not his fault that we play them frequently.

Gambhir looks the most clueless batsman in the Indian line up. There are others. But not as bad as him. I have heard of batsman increasing their range of shots. Gambhir increases his range of getting out. Inside edge, poking one to slip, cut loosely to point, caught on the crease to get out lbw.

Are you telling me England have a better ODI team than Srilanka ? lol. Anyways, he scored a 90 against Australia in tough conditions. Srilanka is no Bangladesh. Get that in you're head. And it's not his fault that we play them frequently.
But you discount all the runs against them when we have only played them in our last ODI series.
It's just like saying Raina should stick to ODIs and shouldn't be included in tests. When we say that it doesn't mean that ODIs are very easy. Similarly Gambhir performing ONLY against SL and failing miserably against everyone else constantly means he shouldn't play against any other teams and not that SL is a very weak ODI team. Sure it's his not fault that we play SL so regularly, but that shouldn't be reason for him to be in team when he can't perform against anyone else at all.

I would have had Sandeep Sharma in place of Dinda and another opener/batsman in place of Gambhir. Time to infuse fresh blood and start focusing on WC 2015. Once Aaron is fit he should get into the odi side as well as he's a better bowlers in shorter formats just as Umesh is a better bowler in Tests and also Aaron's fitness dictates he only play shorter formats.

Gambhir averages 22 against WI, Pak, NZ, Bangladesh, SA, Aus, Eng in last 17 matches. And did you really mention all forms? :cantstop: Sehwag won us a test whereas what has Gambhir done in tests in 3 year at all?
From where are you picking out random stats ? Gave Sehwag's 200 forgetting 5 matches in between first and now this. Give links or STFU. And you can't discount Srilanka for the sake of it anyways.
It's just like saying Raina should stick to ODIs and shouldn't be included in tests. When we say that it doesn't mean that ODIs are very easy. Similarly Gambhir performing ONLY against SL and failing miserably against everyone else constantly means he shouldn't play against any other teams and not that SL is a very weak ODI team. Sure it's his not fault that we play SL so regularly, but that shouldn't be reason for him to be in team when he can't perform against anyone else at all.
:hysterical: