Openers

Mandrake

Re: Openers definetely a change needed in the top order. Jaffer should be dropped and Gambhir should get his chance in the last test match. Sehwag should be dropped to number 5 or six after Laxman i would say. I think Dravid should open with Gambhir.

Re: Openers A stubburn guy like sehwag needs to begiven a big jolt to shake him....merely dropping won't help.....he should be sent back... Hit the jaat where it hurts most...hurt his ego....that is the only hope of getting him back,......otherwise i fear he is just too cntent.

Re: Openers ...and rest of the times he starts the play by kicking his own team on the backside...... How often has he started the match on the bad note for team? ....forget about the runs that he is not contributing...think about the psychological pressure of starting the match one down! Too few hits...far too many misses....

Re: Openers Damn right, the key are the openers. We are exposing the middle order to their new ball bowlers with diastrous consequences again and again. Which is why I feel that it's Sehwag who has to go. Both Gambhir & Jaffer are perfectly capable of playing out 20 odd overs. Sehwag isn't, and since he isn't scoring runs either, it's difficult to keep him in the team.

Re: Openers Like Laxman said during the practice match, "Good Starts will provide good results", that is absolutely the case look at the good starts we had inAustralia during the 03-04 tour, We piled up over 400 runs in almost every match due to good starts, of course thats when sehwag was in form, but i believe he should be dropped and make way for Gambhir.