Pay back time for Aus - Pak wins series 2-0

manali

are u serious about the headline mate? are you as stupid as i think you are?
Dude, give them a break. Their "ring-pieces" are still sore after the countless shaftings they have received from the Aussies. Let them have their moment in the sun for now - beating reserve teams is as good as it will ever get for them.

Well, A tour is nothing to laugh about. It is specially important for a side rebuilding because there are a lot of uncemented spots in the senior team. If guys do well in the A tour, that too against a team like Australia, then good on them. Many contenders will come up and it'll help in improving the senior side!

Well, A tour is nothing to laugh about. It is specially important for a side rebuilding because there are a lot of uncemented spots in the senior team. If guys do well in the A tour, that too against a team like Australia, then good on them. Many contenders will come up and it'll help in improving the senior side!
yea, really looks good. Anyone else find it surprising that dizzy was in the team?

But these were just List A matches. I'm more interested in longer version. Most of these Australians are extremely good players in their own domestic circle and few have represented Australia as well. So, it is NOT a bad team. Let us see how they do in the longer version.

yea' date=' really looks good. Anyone else find it surprising that dizzy was in the team?[/quote'] No. Not at all. Australia needs to ascertain its bowlers for the coming season. And what is the the harm if they want to see if Dizzy has any more fire left or not?

Excellent performance so far by the A team.

When is Akhtar joining the 'A' squad?
:Dnot a bad idea since Sohail Tanveer will be replacing Akhtar so Akhtar can replace S Tanveer p.s another inexplicable decision by the selectors to replace a pure bowler with a bowler who has gone for 226 runs at an economy rate of 10 with out ever picking a wicket in 20-20 cricket!
From the 12th. BTW PAK won the final ODI to complete a 3 nil sweep over AUS A. They chased a huge 331 with K Latif scoring 143*.
These 'A' matches don't have an ODI status, Faisal. But they are counted as List A matches. Still, quite a good achievement for Pak A team! :wtg:
Gillespie still has a contract which means he has not been discarded by any means. I would even play a Gillespie ahead of Tait in test matches if I was an Aussie selector.
I saw Gillespie in bits and pieces playing for Yorkshire over the summer, and he's definitely faded. His pace is still solid, in the mid (and occasionally high) 130s, but he lacks the zip off the pitch that he once had, and even in moist conditions at Headingley, didn't move the ball around in the air or off the seam as he once could in all situations. Definitely fading, sad to say. He may be one of my favourite cricketers, but there's no chance I'd take him ahead of Tait in any Australian side. Tait is sheer strike power. He may go for runs, but he can and will win games. Tait, Hilfenhaus, Clark and someone else - maybe Bracken if he can raise his game a few notches with the red ball, or perhaps Johnson. Or perhaps Bung Lee, if he learns how to bowl in tests soon rather than relying on the guys at the other end to help him out.