pak troops cross LoC, kill 2 Indian jawans brutally (decapitated)

seedhi

Cross-border shootings from both sides have been going on on regular intervals over the past years, it was inevitable it would lead to deaths. But it's hunky dory at those comfy government levels, watching cricket, rolling out 5 star treatment for dignitaries and government ministers, doing business etc.

Playing Cricket or not would hardly impact this tbh. Army wants to keep Kashmir issue boiling one way or the other and also keep itself in limelight in Pak by playing the India card. Their government is going into elections and is weak right now anyway, so Army is exercising itself. Whether you do or boycott talks hardly matters at the moment also.

GOI needs to engage in dialogue with Pak Army, the Pak government is just a fanfare. The US government does this, it's time the Congress do this too. The Pak Government have no credibility or authority over their country, Zardari is bigger joke than Rahul Gandhi.

I disagree. I think it is completely senseless to oppose India-Pakistan trade links/summits.
I agree. The more trade and cultural/people to people links there are, the more the pressure will be on their side on the army to stop miscreants. But at the same time we need to use a carrot and stick policy. Sometimes stick, sometimes carrot. Will be interesting also what elections throw up there.

GOI needs to engage in dialogue with Pak Army, the Pak government is just a fanfare. The US government does this, it's time the Congress do this too. The Pak Government have no credibility or authority over their country, Zardari is bigger joke than Rahul Gandhi.
What interest would the Pakistan army have in building peace with India, something that would impact their own share of the national budget?

I agree. The more trade and cultural/people to people links there are, the more the pressure will be on their side on the army to stop miscreants. But at the same time we need to use a carrot and stick policy. Sometimes stick, sometimes carrot. Will be interesting also what elections throw up there.
My perspective is, in India vs Pakistan, the bulk of the money is in Indian hands. If there are bilateral investment deals, then investment will flow mostly from India to Pakistan. Ie, Indians investing/buying into Pakistani business. This may give Pakistan a nice injection of cash, which they may pump back into terrorist camps/military but along with investment comes improved intelligence, for then, India would have logistical 'eyes and ears' in Pakistan, mostly in commercial capacity but my perspective is, any intel is valuable intel and it can only tighten our grip in regional security if Indian businessmen start recieving information from ground conditions in Pakistan.

What interest would the Pakistan army have in building peace with India' date=' something that would impact their own share of the national budget?[/quote'] That's my point, the power in Pakistan is with Pak Army. Any dialogue with the civilian government (unless headed by a military man) is just a facade, and leading to nowhere.

My perspective is' date=' in India vs Pakistan, the bulk of the money is in Indian hands. If there are bilateral investment deals, then investment will flow mostly from India to Pakistan. Ie, Indians investing/buying into Pakistani business. This may give Pakistan a nice injection of cash, which they may pump back into terrorist camps/military but along with investment comes improved intelligence, for then, India would have logistical 'eyes and ears' in Pakistan, mostly in commercial capacity but my perspective is, any intel is valuable intel and it can only tighten our grip in regional security if Indian businessmen start recieving information from ground conditions in Pakistan.[/quote'] If Indian business owns their major companies, then it would give more leverage to India over there. Or they can pull the plug like say a US with us. If their economy is dependent on these companies and investment then we can use it like US uses aid money. Anyways, Investment will be at a later stage. Doubt either country would allow that at this stage. Trade would be mutually benefitial at this stage and there would be more exports from India than there.

As if that would help anything.
O so lets just get shafted from behind and do nothing. Diplomatic prssure and total sanctions are only way. O so lets just invite their singers over for a nice concert and pretend nothing has happened. Untiil pak realise we have zero tolernace and will have NOTHING to do with them until they stop, trust me this will go on and on. They need us more then we need them. Plus no benefits in ties with these savages, only minuses

My perspective is' date=' in India vs Pakistan, the bulk of the money is in Indian hands. If there are bilateral investment deals, then investment will flow mostly from India to Pakistan. Ie, Indians investing/buying into Pakistani business. This may give Pakistan a nice injection of cash, which they may pump back into terrorist camps/military but along with investment comes improved intelligence, for then, India would have logistical 'eyes and ears' in Pakistan, mostly in commercial capacity but my perspective is, any intel is valuable intel and it can only tighten our grip in regional security if Indian businessmen start recieving information from ground conditions in Pakistan.[/quote']Wow .. what delusions .. India will gain influence over pakistan through trade and investment ?? Consider the fact that USA pumped over a hundred billion dollars into pakistan since 1950s, including 20 billion USD since 9/11 and yet pakistan betrayed it - it hid Bin Laden, supported Al-Qaeda and trained and funded the Taliban to kill thousands of US soldiers in Afghanistan. They backstabbed a super power and their most ardent financial backer and you believe that they will change their approach vis-a-vis India because we starting hugging them? Even if you give them Kashmir on a plate they wont stop attacking us. In their minds they are waging a civilizational and religious war initiated by their "heroes" Bin Qasim, Ghazini, Ghauri, Aurangzeb etc. You can feed a rabid dog as much meat as possible, it will still bite you. The only way out is to put it down.

My perspective is' date=' in India vs Pakistan, the bulk of the money is in Indian hands. If there are bilateral investment deals, then investment will flow mostly from India to Pakistan. Ie, Indians investing/buying into Pakistani business. This may give Pakistan a nice injection of cash, which they may pump back into terrorist camps/military but along with investment comes improved intelligence, for then, India would have logistical 'eyes and ears' in Pakistan, mostly in commercial capacity but my perspective is, any intel is valuable intel and it can only tighten our grip in regional security if Indian businessmen start recieving information from ground conditions in Pakistan.[/quote'] You are joking!! Pakistan's biggest allies, US and China, hardly invest money in Pakistan for commercial reasons and you expect debt ridden Indian cooparations to put money in a stable paradise of Pakistan? And what measures are in place to prevent future Dawoods springing up across India.

Wow .. what delusions .. India will gain influence over pakistan through trade and investment ?? Consider the fact that USA pumped over a hundred billion dollars into pakistan since 1950s, including 20 billion USD since 9/11 and yet pakistan betrayed it - it hid Bin Laden, supported Al-Qaeda and trained and funded the Taliban to kill thousands of US soldiers in Afghanistan. They backstabbed a super power and their most ardent financial backer and you believe that they will change their approach vis-a-vis India because we starting hugging them? Even if you give them Kashmir on a plate they wont stop attacking us. In their minds they are waging a civilizational and religious war initiated by their "heroes" Bin Qasim, Ghazini, Ghauri, Aurangzeb etc. You can feed a rabid dog as much meat as possible, it will still bite you. The only way out is to put it down.
Exactly Some people are delusional on pak. Totally do not understand the psyche and motivations. To long in the west or brain dead or living in PC world of delusion. When dealers with cold blooded murderers who will do it again and again, you dont throw rose petals at them