SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

India will whitewash Australia 4-0: Harbhajan

India's off spinner Harbhajan Singh has said that a 4-0 victory for India is a real possibility against a young Australian team when the teams clash for a 4 match Test series starting from February 22nd. "This is a young Australian team. They are even getting beaten on their home grounds consistently. We should defeat them easily and 4-0 whitewash is a real possibility," he said. He added that the current Australian team is not as threatening compared to the previous sides, which had a number of big names in the line up. "They had 11 champion players. Right from Justin Langer, Matthew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne and McGrath - they were unbeatable as a unit. Ponting was a class act as well. It will be difficult for Australians to replace him," he said. Harbhajan is currently out of favour with the selectors but has exuded confidence that he will make it to the Test side for the Australia series. "I have bowled a number of overs in the Ranji series and am feeling good about my rhythm. I am trying to utilise whatever opportunities of match practice that I am able to get. I am hopeful that I will make the cut for the Australia Test series." he said. Talking about India's last Test series, which they lost to England 1-2 at home, Harbhajan said that India should stop blaming the pitches for the poor performances, and instead give credit to England for playing better cricket. "We should not always blame the pitch for our bad performance. The England team played better cricket overall, they played our spinners better, their spinners bowled better than us," he stated. The spinner also rued the fact that the pitches for domestic cricket in India did not suit the spinners, saying that the spinners struggled to take wickets even on the last day of the first class matches. "Seamers on first day tracks got wickets but as the matches progressed, even on day three and four, due to green-tops, the ball wasn't gripping onto the surface. Such pitches do not give the spinners any advantage and even on the last day, they struggled to get wickets. In the end, it became easier for batsmen only." He also explained the reasons behind giving up the captaincy of the Mumbai Indians franchise in the Indian Premier League. "Being a captain is an added responsibility and it took a lot out of me. At present, I just wanted to focus on my game, and hence I decided to give someone else a chance. I wish all the luck to the next skipper"
http://cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54290/india-will-whitewash-australia-4-0-harbhajan
The whole thing with Yadav is really worrying. It started off with a back sprain where he was supposed to miss one test and has reached a stage where everyone involved is clueless about the injury. Zaheer is finished. Time for him and us to move on.
Looks like Yadav has put lot of strain to bowl Phaaaast
The whole thing with Yadav is really worrying. It started off with a back sprain where he was supposed to miss one test and has reached a stage where everyone involved is clueless about the injury. Zaheer is finished. Time for him and us to move on.
maybe he is just not hurrying ? these back problems take time pattinson gets out for whole summer sometimes:cantstop: whats the point of coming in team bowling at half ur ability? also he is quick bowler u cant really play straight away after injury like batsmen or slower bowlers..