SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

Even on Indian pitches, their fast bowlers are good enough to destroy our embarrassingly bad batting line-up. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Jadeja/Yuvraj/Raina will all be walking wickets once again. The Australian batting on paper is not as strong as England's but to be honest I can see most of their batsmen having fun against our trundlers and Ashwin. Should be a comfortable series win for the Aussies. But hey, at least we have the tamasha league after that - no way India can lose in that hey!

It would be starc rather than johsnon.
Jhonson bowled quite well on his last tour despite struggling for form. He looks to have got his rhythm back and given his experience of playing in these conditions and the relative inexperience in Aussie test squad, I would be surprised if Starc is preferred ahead of him.

Possible XI Warner > Sehwag Cowan > Gambhir Hughes = Pujara Watson > Tendulkar Clarke > Kohli Khawja/Smith = Rahane/Jadeja/Rohit Wade = Dhoni Johnson = Ashwin Pattinson/Starc > Ishant Siddle > Sreesanth/BK/Shami Lloyn < Ojha IMO On current form, India have only one player who is doing better than the Aussies. Tough series ahead for us.
They have very little experience in tests in India.

its inexperienced rather than weak. Ie its an unknown. Look at Joe Root for England. Did well on the debut. So could work both ways. Half the side has some experience of India via IPL or other international cricket. I think only Watson Johnson and Clarke have played test matches in India and Johnson might not play in the first 11.

Steven Smith? Henriques? :hysterical: But our selectors will respond by picking Sir Jadeja and Stuart Binny :((
jadeja is a good pick i would say he is better on current form than ashwin

India will whitewash Australia 4-0: Harbhajan

India's off spinner Harbhajan Singh has said that a 4-0 victory for India is a real possibility against a young Australian team when the teams clash for a 4 match Test series starting from February 22nd. "This is a young Australian team. They are even getting beaten on their home grounds consistently. We should defeat them easily and 4-0 whitewash is a real possibility," he said. He added that the current Australian team is not as threatening compared to the previous sides, which had a number of big names in the line up. "They had 11 champion players. Right from Justin Langer, Matthew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne and McGrath - they were unbeatable as a unit. Ponting was a class act as well. It will be difficult for Australians to replace him," he said. Harbhajan is currently out of favour with the selectors but has exuded confidence that he will make it to the Test side for the Australia series. "I have bowled a number of overs in the Ranji series and am feeling good about my rhythm. I am trying to utilise whatever opportunities of match practice that I am able to get. I am hopeful that I will make the cut for the Australia Test series." he said. Talking about India's last Test series, which they lost to England 1-2 at home, Harbhajan said that India should stop blaming the pitches for the poor performances, and instead give credit to England for playing better cricket. "We should not always blame the pitch for our bad performance. The England team played better cricket overall, they played our spinners better, their spinners bowled better than us," he stated. The spinner also rued the fact that the pitches for domestic cricket in India did not suit the spinners, saying that the spinners struggled to take wickets even on the last day of the first class matches. "Seamers on first day tracks got wickets but as the matches progressed, even on day three and four, due to green-tops, the ball wasn't gripping onto the surface. Such pitches do not give the spinners any advantage and even on the last day, they struggled to get wickets. In the end, it became easier for batsmen only." He also explained the reasons behind giving up the captaincy of the Mumbai Indians franchise in the Indian Premier League. "Being a captain is an added responsibility and it took a lot out of me. At present, I just wanted to focus on my game, and hence I decided to give someone else a chance. I wish all the luck to the next skipper"
http://cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54290/india-will-whitewash-australia-4-0-harbhajan

The whole thing with Yadav is really worrying. It started off with a back sprain where he was supposed to miss one test and has reached a stage where everyone involved is clueless about the injury. Zaheer is finished. Time for him and us to move on.

The whole thing with Yadav is really worrying. It started off with a back sprain where he was supposed to miss one test and has reached a stage where everyone involved is clueless about the injury. Zaheer is finished. Time for him and us to move on.
Looks like Yadav has put lot of strain to bowl Phaaaast

maybe he is just not hurrying ? these back problems take time pattinson gets out for whole summer sometimes:cantstop: whats the point of coming in team bowling at half ur ability? also he is quick bowler u cant really play straight away after injury like batsmen or slower bowlers..

Yadav is a fit guy. He would come back stronger.His tweets suggests dat he is in NCA bangalore and sweating it out to get in to form again. I am more about varun aaron. If he comes back again, will he able to maintain pace? I hope so.

that was not a back strain. Later, it turned out to be a back stress injury which at least takes 4-6 months. Same with which Aaron has suffered. This is the second time Yadav has this injury first before IPL 2009 in SA and he could not play that. Aaron has suffered this 3-4 times already.

These injuries are vital between age 17-24 so that fast bowlers can increase flexibility and bowl , faster for sustained period. If they occur at 25+ they can be a big problem and may lead to loss of pace.

The last para in that TOI story and the overall tone on Umesh Yadav's work schedule is baffling. After the Aus series, he was not picked for Asia Cup, played the IPL, well rested after that for a couple of months, played some ODIs in SL followed by 2 tests vs NZ. Then didnt play the T20s or the T20 WC, had a rest for over a month, played 2-3 T20s in the champions league and then played a test 3 weeks later before being injured. Decent periods of rest there and no 3-4 month period where he bowled continuously. As for the part about him over bowling in the nets, not sure if that ca be true. You listen to Wasim, Waqar, Imran, all talk about how bowling lots of overs in nets helped them get better fitness wise.

The last para in that TOI story and the overall tone on Umesh Yadav's work schedule is baffling. After the Aus series, he was not picked for Asia Cup, played the IPL, well rested after that for a couple of months, played some ODIs in SL followed by 2 tests vs NZ. Then didnt play the T20s or the T20 WC, had a rest for over a month, played 2-3 T20s in the champions league and then played a test 3 weeks later before being injured. Decent periods of rest there and no 3-4 month period where he bowled continuously. As for the part about him over bowling in the nets, not sure if that ca be true. You listen to Wasim, Waqar, Imran, all talk about how bowling lots of overs in nets helped them get better fitness wise.
We always have our excuses ready for our fast bowlers (well medium pacers usually but Umesh is actually quick, for a change). Fact that no Indian pace bowler in the history of cricket has averaged under 29 tell its own story. In most countries an average of 29 is considered nothing special but for us, even our only 3 decent pace bowlers average in the 29-32 range.

^^Our pitches are mostly dead, batting tracks. Nothing in it for seamers. If pitches are like what we had for some of the ODI games recently, then it will be encouraging for seamers. But no chance of that happening as batsmen are idolized in India and people mostly tune in to watch boundaries, sixes and hundreds rather than a good bowling spell. Its also baffling because India will always produce good batsmen. Indians generally have that temperament, concentration and studious nature to become good batsmen. Its the bowlers who have to be encouraged.

These injuries are vital between age 17-24 so that fast bowlers can increase flexibility and bowl ' date=' faster for sustained period. If they occur at 25+ they can be a big problem and may lead to loss of pace.[/quote'] wats ur eveidence

jadeja is a good pick i would say he is better on current form than ashwin
Who isn't, though? :winky: Ashwin has been a joke in recent times. At Test level the irony is that he looks a batsman of genuine talent (better than some of the clowns we have played in the top 6 recently) but his bowling is too gimmicky to trouble good players.

Even at home Dhoni & co are looking weak in all departments. The Aus squad may be unknown but they will be hungry and up for it, can't really say the same about Team Fletcher/Dhoni. Aus will edge the series.
This is key. Aussies in recent times have put in some embarrassing batting performances but they always bounce back. E.g. even after that pathetic 47 all out they came back to beat SA in the next game. Srinivasan's boys don't even pretend that their miserable performances bother them one iota - its all about tamasha league cash and Test cricket can go **** itself. On the other hand we have Australia who are whitewashing teams in Test cricket but the ex-players and fans are still laying into the team after a couple of losses. Huge difference in cricketing cultures and no surprise India is in such utter ****.