Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

so areu saying these guys who debuted against us and siddle and hilfy are better then gillespie,lee,macgil ? same siddle and hilfy who struggled before tht series and not even vs south africa? :hmmm: i know what ur doing here..trying to prove if mcgrath played we would have struggled but it does not makes sense here these guys who debuted are good but wont rate them unless they perform against other teams too..cos south africa hammered them on same tracks and england did that previous summer
sa,eng batting>indian batting ashes will be different this time if pattison,starc,bird and cummins are available.
sa,eng batting>indian batting ashes will be different this time if pattison,starc,bird and cummins are available.
yeah my point...our batting was awful this time around earlier on it was at par with south africa and just like south africa we should have been able to score runs as outy said.. and no that wont happen australia will play siddle for sure and one of pattinson and cummings will play and even with 4 fast bowlers an attack of finn,anderson,swann and not broad , potato head is better then australia's
Yeah keep on living the fantasy that "Superfast" Srini and "Greentop" Kohli have been selling. Except for Perth, all Australian tracks were pattas on which an in form batting line up of Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, and Laxman would have regularly scored 450+ runs as they did on previous tours. And if they were celebrating the World Cup win after being thrashed 0-4 in England they need to get some stones removed from their heads.
I highly doubt the Indian batting lineup from 2004 would've scored 300-350 max on the pitches AUS threw up against us last year and it is by far the paciest Aussie pitches I've seen since the late 90s.

Squad for Nagpur Test: Mahendra Singh Dhoni ©, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Dinda, M Vijay, Parvinder Awana. So taking squad for Final test as starting point, i would drop - Sehwag for poor form Gambhir for poor form Chawla for being **** and undeserved selection anyway. Dinda for same reason as Chawla. Ishant for being poor for a while and not still knowing how to get test wickets. Vijay for same as Dinda and Chawla (though less ****). Sachin won't be dropped and Dhoni won't either probably as he seems likely to remain as Captain with only other option being Kohli. So Changes for me keeping that in mind would look like - Abhinav Mukund (in for Virendra Sehwag) Unmukt Chand/Jiwanjot Singh (In for Vijay) Wasim Jaffer (In for Gautam Gambhir) Umesh Yadav for Chawla (If not fit then Sidarth Kaul/Ishwar Pandey/Bhuvneshwar/Mohit/Warrier comes in) Pankaj Singh for Dinda Shami Ahmed for Ishant Which makes the 14 man squad look something like this - Mahendra Singh Dhoni ©, Abhinav Mukund, Jiwanjot/Unmukt, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Shami Ahmed, Ajinkya Rahane, Pankaj Singh, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma Awana unlucky to be cut for squad balance's sake, but he was lucky to get the call up in front of other options anyway. Also, i'd personally remove Dhoni from the Captaincy and make Kohli captain but that seems unlikely, so he stays in the team. Otherwise if he is to be dropped then Saha or Gautam come in. Edit - Ashwin should be in the last chance saloon after the first test too with Rasool/Nadeem/Ladda being potential replacements. And Jadeja should not play as a all rounder at 6/7.

Mukund? Has hardly scored a run all season. No major changes, expect Zaheer to be back if he's fit. Rahane out, Raina in. Now I know Mishra didnt get a chance today. Had he done well today, Chawla would have been thrown out of the test squad. Now he will be retained.
Hasn't had the best of season in India (Averages 28 this season on a helpful TN track), but was comfortably the top scorer in New zealand on A tour and has good potential. Needs more chances. Who else would you pick ? Also, are those changes which you expect ? Or you want ? Zaheer is not even playing Ranji final and is out with Injury, i imagine.
hes 35 years old,will be exposed in intl. cricket. open with Rahane and Sehwag(last chance)
Rahane isn't a opener. And Sehwag can **** right off. I'd sooner retain Gambhir with Sehwag's poor attitude. And Sehwag is 34, same as Jaffer with his game more dependent on reflexes.
Rahane isn't a opener. And Sehwag can **** right off. I'd sooner retain Gambhir with Sehwag's poor attitude. And Sehwag is 34, same as Jaffer with his game more dependent on reflexes.
Rahane used to open for Mumbai earlier.he can do it. Gambhir has technical issues,n never seems confident enough.Sehwag is in poor form,but can still change the game on his day,like his ton in Ahmedabad. Jaffer wasnt succesful in international cricket,wen he was young,what chance he has now,dont go by his Ranji scores,he always makes runs there,but sucks in intl. cricket

Can't see many changes tbh, Gambhir-Sehwag have bought some time by performing around average in England series, for Dhoni TINA factor will come into play, SRT too big a player to be dropped. Expecting Raina to come back in, that's it. All we can do is pray that this time they will click. If Kohli-SRT regain their forms, Gambhir-Sehwag-Pujara has same kind of series they had against Eng then we can avoid the defeat.

Rahane used to open for Mumbai earlier.he can do it. Gambhir has technical issues,n never seems confident enough.Sehwag is in poor form,but can still change the game on his day,like his ton in Ahmedabad. Jaffer wasnt succesful in international cricket,wen he was young,what chance he has now,dont go by his Ranji scores,he always makes runs there,but sucks in intl. cricket
Rahane has never been that succesful opening for Mumbai. His success came after moving down. Make Pujara open then because he has done it on some occasions for Saurashtra too ? Sehwag has just made one double 100 in ODI's and one test hundred in 2 years. Not good enough plus he brings lazy attitude onto field, laughing after dropping catches while team is getting smacked. Doesn't get on with Dhoni either. Atleast, Gambhir can play some crucial battling knocks like he did against England when all else was failing in Mumbai. As for Jaffer he averaged 35 in International cricket and his domestic batting has improved since then. I'll take a 40 averaging solid batsman for this series, thank you very much until others develop.

If Ashwin is serious about his international career, in the next 3 weeks, he will work with Prasanna and aim to become more consistent. He has stagnated as in this England series across formats and needs to quickly get his mojo back. IIRC before the 2001 Aus series, Bhajji also had worked with Prasanna in the pre series camp , trying to land as many ball in a square area around off stump and getting the off break to hit the top of off stump. Ashwin needs similar effort rather than relying on too many variations and losing his consistency.

If Ashwin is serious about his international career, in the next 3 weeks, he will work with Prasanna and aim to become more consistent. He has stagnated as in this England series across formats and needs to quickly get his mojo back. IIRC before the 2001 Aus series, Bhajji also had worked with Prasanna in the pre series camp , trying to land as many ball in a square area around off stump and getting the off break to hit the top of off stump. Ashwin needs similar effort rather than relying on too many variations and losing his consistency.
Ashwin has changed his action ,I do not know what the hell is he thinking.

Actually it was Kumble along with John Wright who helped Bhajji in that pre-series camp.

At the Indian team's intensive conditioning camp in the city before the series, Harbhajan ran into a man who has changed the course of many Test matches for India and another, who is trying to change the haphazard path usually taken by its team. Injured leg spinner Anil Kumble and India coach John Wright worked with Harbhajan, Wright stressing the importance of bowling a metronomic line to the batsman to work on his mind, and Kumble, drawing a square on the practice wicket and making Harbhajan land the ball on the spot over and over again. Kumble, his arm in a sling, would stand watching, as the boy they call Bhajji bowled at one stump for three straight hours. Says Harbhajan: "It gave me greater control and has taught me that you have to dismiss a batsman in the mind, make it difficult for him to get runs off you, so he will have to try to do something silly. Now I'm truly ready to be patient."
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/harbhajan-singh-begins-his-second-innings-in-international-cricket-by-destroying-australia/1/232633.html Ashwin needs similar effort in the nets to ensure he has a longer career.
Rahane has never been succesful opening for Mumbai. His success came after moving down. Make Pujara open then because he has done it on some occasions for Saurashtra too ?
Rahane opened for a season or so,and used to open from the start,only moved down because other openers came along IIRC.Pujara AFAIK has always been MO player in FC
Sehwag has just made one double 100 in ODI's and one test hundred in 2 years. Not good enough plus he brings lazy attitude onto field, laughing after dropping catches while team is getting smacked. Doesn't get on with Dhoni either. Atleast, Gambhir can play some crucial battling knocks like he did against England when all else was failing in Mumbai.
and Gambhir has done better?his 40,n 50s arent gonna cut it,its 100s that win games. about his attitude,when was he dead serious?he always used to laugh around,if we accepted it wen he was making runs,why complain now theres as much if not more evidence of GG not getting along with MSD.he even said he wants to be captain IIRC
As for Jaffer he averaged 35 in International cricket and his domestic batting has improved since then. I'll take a 40 averaging solid batsman for this series, thank you very much until others develop.
he isnt solid,just dour.35 average is nothin****** he hasnt got any better imo.I'd take Mukund and Vijay over him anyday