Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

Rahane Rayadu Pujara Tendulkar Kohli R.Sharma Dhoni Ashwin Bhuvaneshwar Shami Ojha I've gone left field with the choices of openers. Rayadu's style reminds me alot of Sehwag in his prime (particularly against spin) but his technique is more compact. I think Rayadu could make the transition to opener (he opened in his younger days). His technique is solid. Regarding Rahane, everyone says he's not an opener but there's not that much of a difference between No.3 and opener anyway.
Interesting choice of Rayudu. Seems like a fine cricketer. He definitely deserves a chance in ODIs and T20s right away. Could be Test material too.

Well I would tell Vijay or Dhawan to fake injury cause they are chit players and then have the following XI after calling replacements: Sehwag, Gambhir, Pujara, SRT, Kohli, Rohit, MSD, Ashwin, Bhaji, Ojha, Ishant.

Siddarth Kaul is another very good option because has amazing ability to reverse the old ball at 85 mph pace which he shown in the telecast match played at Rajkot. I have never seen such reverse swing in a long time.
Yeah guess Ill chuck in Sid instead of Sharma.

Absolute thrashing. :agree: I always knew Australians winning ways wouldn't last, they had such a poor team compared to their old ones. This gameshowed how much better India really was. Normal service resumes after a poor season. SA still ahead of India though. So they have to win that series later this year as well. It's nice to have won Aus series though. :nice:

Sehwag (last chance) Rahane or Pujara Rahane or Pujara Sachin Kohli Dhoni Ashwin Jadeja B Kumar Ojha Ishant or Dinda - Hyderabad is the home ground of Ojha. Needs to play - Hyderabad also had something in it for the quick's last ODI and Test i saw v Nz. Especially bounce. I think Ishant and B Kumar need to be persisted with for this match. 2 seamers need to play. - Murali vijay is a walking wicket. I dont trust Dhawan either. Open with Pujara or Rahane. Players who maybe able to see off the new ball.

Vijay is natural opener' date=' he can attack the spinners (like we saw him against Lyon today), he should be given 4 tests and he will score a century by the end of 4th test.[/quote'] natural opener needs to first go through the seamers,then only he can 'attack' the seamers.Vijay doesnt seem able to do it had a poor Ranji season,should not even be in the squad.that streaky ton got him in
natural opener needs to first go through the seamers,then only he can 'attack' the seamers.Vijay doesnt seem able to do it had a poor Ranji season,should not even be in the squad.that streaky ton got him in
+1 i think even sehwag is strong v the spinners. Most Indian batsman are. the fact is india need openers to see off the new ball.