Why is Yuvraj never considered for captaincy in ODIs and T20s?

neoripper2

I dont get it. He is 31 and has played lots of matches for India. In the shorter format of the game he is a match winner. He was crucial to both of our world cup wins. The guy seems more mature than before and it looks like the cancer has mellowed him. His off the field stuff has calmed down too. Everybody keeps throwing Kohli's name around but wouldnt Yuvraj be a great stopgap until Kohli has matured. He could be captain for 2-3 years, give Dhoni a break and let Kohli take over when ready.

Why do we need a new captain for ODI's. Dhoni is leading from the front and results except for Pak ODI series haven't been that bad. And for T20's its ideal to blood in a youngster, Kohli seems to be the guy.
What ? India were hammered 4-0 in eng,Could not make cb series finals,Hammered by bangbros in asia cup,Hammered at home by pak. Captaincy is not about just scoring runs as a batsman it is also about tactics and selections and player management.

I would question whether Yuvraj is a consistent match-winner outside of the subcontinent. There was the Natwest series finals in 2002, and 2 matches in the World T20 2007. Other than that, I don't remember him being that effective outside the subcontinent. In the subcontinent he's a very good player, no doubt.

I would question whether Yuvraj is a consistent match-winner outside of the subcontinent. There was the Natwest series finals in 2002' date=' and 2 matches in the World T20 2007. Other than that, I don't remember him being that effective outside the subcontinent. In the subcontinent he's a very good player, no doubt.[/quote'] we dont have a match winner let alone consistant match winner outside subcontinent. Actually, we never had a real consistent match winner outside subcontinent in ODIs.
Why do we need a new captain for ODI's. Dhoni is leading from the front and results except for Pak ODI series haven't been that bad. And for T20's its ideal to blood in a youngster, Kohli seems to be the guy.
My T20 XI: 1. Shikhar Dhawan 2. Ajinkya Rahane 3. Virat Kohli (CAPTAIN) 4. Yuvraj Singh 5. Suresh Raina 6. Manoj Tiwary 7. Ambati Rayudu (WK) 8. Ravichandran Ashwin 9. Irfan Pathan 10. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 11. Umesh Yadav
Thts basically all our top 7 except Dhoni. :((
Raina, who is a much worse batsman compared to Yuvraj, curbs his instincts and tries to stay at the wicket! Gambhir, who has become just useless stays and scores 40, painful or whatever it maybe! Kohli, well the first serious failure for him, so can't really be judgemental! Dhoni is the best of the lot, I admit.. SO that leaves us Yuvraj, who looks ready for slaughter at no.4
we dont have a match winner let alone consistant match winner outside subcontinent. Actually' date=' we never had a real consistent match winner outside subcontinent in ODIs.[/quote'] Ok forget consistent match-winner but at least consistent performer. Players like Tendulkar, Dhoni, Gambhir, Kohli are much more consistent performers outside the subcontinent and have won matches for India on a few occassions.